Thread: My first day.

Character
    Ansanto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 25

My first day.

I just rolled a character on Asura today and i have had quite an adventure.
    I spent all night downloading it off steam, then I spent three hours working out how to register and not stuff up (seriously connecting a SE account to a Playonline account was difficult, I had to dig through my email to find the details of this), Then I spent the better part of the day watching anime and reading the manual ... well the wiki... there is no manual when you buy from steam. And then I thought I was done... how wrong I was. I had to adjust the resolution of the game so it did not look fuzzy and reconfigure the keyboard so I could do stuff. This took about two hours (Who would of thunk it the EU version of the config editor is the one my game actually likes... why do I have a US & Japan version of that tool in my directory, and why does steam think the US version is the right one and not the EU version which actually works)

Anyhoo once I got all the dramas of actually getting in the game and actually started to run around windurst the first thing I did was grab my shiny new hat and use it and I turned myself into an egg when I used it... you heard me I was an egg , I sat in the middle of the road immobile in all my ovoid splendor and wondered how to remove my eggy costume and cross the road without hatching and answering an age old question in the process. In the end i timed out as i scrambled on my iPad for a solution and the problem solved itself. Although for the record I would like to know how to undo this problem if it happens again.... my hat can turn me into an egg...

After this I managed to get 10 levels so it was not a complete loss for a day.

I am An Santo and I am a Mithra thief, I hope to see you all in the future...
    (1)

Setting this game up - and even worse the hours worth of updates - is sertainly a pain lol. If you get stuck again, try pressing the + key twice so that you can target the costume 'buff' and click on it... that *should* let you cancel it. Not 100% sure as I dont own that hat but that is how you can cancel many other buffs (positive status effects)

Hope your enjoying your server ^^ Idk what asura is like.. never left Shiva, but welcome to the game nevertheless
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    as far as your egg problem goes XD you may have noticed when you used the item to turn you into the egg, a little icon appeared near the top of your screen. The same thing happens whenever you get any status ailment/effect (poison, protect, shell, etc.) Buffs like this you can "click off" so to say... It depends on if you are using a compact keyboard or full keyboard for this though, since idk how it is on compact I'll say how it is for full.

On the num pad hit +, your chat log will be stretched out to full and locked, hit + again you will now have a curser selecting your icons in the top. When it is hovering over the icon for your costume, hit enter. Normally that just removes buffs and such, with the hat it removes the egg and turns you into an adolescent chocobo, to get rid of that just do the same thing and click off the costume. I... think you can also just click it with your mouse, not sure though, i play on PC but i use a gamepad mostly XD
    (0)

Character
    Ansanto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrik View Post
    as far as your egg problem goes XD you may have noticed when you used the item to turn you into the egg, a little icon appeared near the top of your screen. The same thing happens whenever you get any status ailment/effect (poison, protect, shell, etc.) Buffs like this you can "click off" so to say... It depends on if you are using a compact keyboard or full keyboard for this though, since idk how it is on compact I'll say how it is for full.

On the num pad hit +, your chat log will be stretched out to full and locked, hit + again you will now have a curser selecting your icons in the top. When it is hovering over the icon for your costume, hit enter. Normally that just removes buffs and such, with the hat it removes the egg and turns you into an adolescent chocobo, to get rid of that just do the same thing and click off the costume. I... think you can also just click it with your mouse, not sure though, i play on PC but i use a gamepad mostly XD
    I have discovered by trial and error that my 'F' key does the same job as +, since I am using a compact keyboard on my laptop. I will be buying a full keyboard to play this when I get time.

Also I managed to get my Chocobo license today, it took me all day and I read a book during most of it, it has to be the world's most boring quest. 6 hours of caring for a sick chocobo with one action an hour. (the two hours I spent looking for the crane flies and then killing them was far more exciting, I managed to do that without dieing)
    (0)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Soo the moral of the story is that the chicken essentially crossed the road because it wasn't a stationary inanimate egg? :P
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Character
    Morwaine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I wish you luck Ansanto ! I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the game and all it has to offer, if you ever need a hand with stuff, when i'm hanging around /tell i should be able to help.
    (0)
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"