Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1203] What if you happen to own an hourglass after the update?

This is extremely unlikely unless you quit the game before this announcement while holding one of these and don't come back until after the update, or not read the update notes (I know a lot of people that never seem to) so this is most likely only a hypothetical question.

If you own one of these glasses after they are removed from the goblins and they can no longer be used, is that going to mean they threw 500000 gil down the crapper on an expensive souvenir? or would they be able to be sold back/get compensated in some way?

I realize this is kind of a silly question, but I'm curious nonetheless.
    (2)

You lose 500k.
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just don't worry about it and let them lose the 500k... christ it shouldn't be anything new to a person by now. I lost 4 million gil two nights ago to an unspecified incident I would rather forget about. I lost 3 million gil about 6 days ago after purchasing a roundel earring that is enjoying a healthy market surge after my server has controlled Castle O for the past month straight, mostly because after 3 weeks it seemed like there was no way it was dipping any less than it already had and was going slowly back up.... sure enough we control Oz again and not even one day later people had already flooded the market once more and brought the price down millions more. Lol. Only in FFXI. Roller coaster economy #1.

I've lost probably 80 million gil over 7 years to making dumb business decisions to prices just dipping down to nothing and gear "investments" (resale value) going down the drain. So, you know what... to hell with someone's 500k glass that's 5 years old. Cry me a river, says I. If they get their money back I demand to get mine back.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Just don't worry about it and let them lose the 500k... christ it shouldn't be anything new to a person by now. I lost 4 million gil two nights ago to an unspecified incident I would rather forget about. I lost 3 million gil about 6 days ago after purchasing a roundel earring that is enjoying a healthy market surge after my server has controlled Castle O for the past month straight, mostly because after 3 weeks it seemed like there was no way it was dipping any less than it already had and was going slowly back up.... sure enough we control Oz again and not even one day later people had already flooded the market once more and brought the price down millions more. Lol. Only in FFXI. Roller coaster economy #1.

I've lost probably 80 million gil over 7 years to making dumb business decisions to prices just dipping down to nothing and gear "investments" (resale value) going down the drain. So, you know what... to hell with someone's 500k glass that's 5 years old. Cry me a river, says I. If they get their money back I demand to get mine back.
    That's a totally different situation since it's not your stupid mistake it's SE's decision to change game mechanics.

Not like you can't make 500k in 20 minutes inside Aby, but it's the principle of SE doing something that makes you lose your money. Or at the least, I think that's the point of this thread.
    (3)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post

You lost your money due to player market interactions. Not because they removed an item function from the game. You didnt pay 5m for a scorpion harness and then they make it so its rare/ex and usable by time mages. stfu
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    You lost your money due to player market interactions. Not because they removed an item function from the game. You didnt pay 5m for a scorpion harness and then they make it so its rare/ex and usable by time mages. stfu
    ... Time mages.

I lol'd
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Easiest solution would be to make the things NPCable for the price they were bought for. Tada! SE gets a reliable way to remove the item from the game so they can free up space.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not like you can't make 500k in 20 minutes inside Aby, but it's the principle of SE doing something that makes you lose your money. Or at the least, I think that's the point of this thread.
    Basically. There is some potential for this to affect a small number of people. I think they should consider things like this whenever they actually remove something from the game (Which is why things are rarely actually removed)
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    SE never compensated me for lost gil due to their own mistake.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I hear if you give the hour glass to Prince Trion, he will give you one of his many Mithra wives.
    (1)
    My other car is a summoner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast