Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95

Branching empyrean trials.

i have an idea for branching paths for emps so that their aftermaths and additional stats can be tailored to the users main job.

for example, Hvergelmir. blm smn and sch. i feel like for smn the aftermath should effect the pets and prep costs could be added to the weapon also. and lets say for sch and blm, theirs should get all elements: acc+ and dmg+. i understand this would be a kick in the rear to all the ppl who made the dmg or macc magian staves, so maybe a to combine other magian staves via synergy or something.

just a idea ive been thinking of. and ofc this was an example, but it can be applied to the other emp weapons that share jobs. i understand that there are still two version updates to come with level increases, and i hope in that time we get some cool additions to empyrean weapons

i implore the community to offer ideas for other weapon upgrades and for jobs that share empyrean weapons also. and Dev feedback would be an awesome treat also.
    (1)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    oh and id like to note where i got this idea from. when thinking of the blm and sch job traits Occult Acumen, i started to think of ways to get us keep the tp that we earn from nukes by wearing the same staff.
    (0)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    someone? anyone? take the bait. tis a tasty topic! devs i know you're lurking around here somehwere~
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While a nice idea, I get the feeling that the dev team (and me too) would think that allowing customizable Empyrean Weapons / Armor would be way overpowered.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Indeed empyrean are the answer to straight up damage for all jobs, if you want specific job weapons theres mythic. Sorry to rain on the parade, but the idea is nice. The one thing i'd like to see though is the pet processing aftermath added to empyrean staff, that just seems to be on pace with the mythic staff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 08-22-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hvergelmir is broken, pure and simple. It's a pure melee weapon with a melee aftermath effect, for jobs that simply do NOT melee.

I think it needs the following changes:
    * TP gain on casting spells (100MP=10TP)/Refresh effects grant Regain as well
    * Aftermath effect changed to Magic Accuracy(100+), Magic Damage(200+) and Magic Critical Chance (300) (affects pets as well)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    i meant for just the weapon to be branched out to tailor to the job. empyrean armor is already customized that way. i personally dont think it would be that much of an issue to forther augment empyrean weapons. yes the previous trials have been rather easy to complete, but look at relics for example. upgrading them though dynamis for the first three stages takes no time. the final version is where a lot of the work and effort comes in. basically what im saying is that SE could implement a harder final trial to compensate for the amount of customization being added to the weapon.

and finally to kristal. i completely agree that its not a great weapon currently. i like the idea of it enhancing occult acumen. but the refresh and regain seem to bee a little much. and what i would do the the aftermath is make it so magic occasionally deals double damage for blm and sch. and for smn, make it so avatar melee hits occasionally deals double damage.
    (0)

Character
    Tivace
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I also believe something needs to be done with the staff and club Empyrean weapons. BLM is my main and would love to have an empyrean but I can't recall the last time I had 10 TP much less 100.
    (0)

Player
    Indeed empyrean are the answer to straight up damage for all jobs,
    Ahem... BST.
    (0)