Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Stop whining, random drops are just that RANDOM. If you're not happy with drop rate find a THF or level it. The game is not broke, you just don't get it or choose not to.
    (0)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sesucks View Post
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]

Another night spent with 0 guku KI drops.

like 5-6 hrs of seeing every other KI but the one I need.
    If I'm trolling, so are you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 08-20-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Quoting content that was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

3. 08-18-2011 05:51 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

4. 08-18-2011 05:53 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sesucks View Post
    I didn't say "i know you are, but what am I?". I can't do that unless I'm trolling, which I'm not. I'm dead serious when I say you just have bad luck and need to man the hell up and deal with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 08-20-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

bad luck is one thing... 3 days in a row where the KI does not drop even though I'm seeing every other KI drop multiple times. It is unsulting and idk about you but I dont like or appreciate my time being wasted for no real reason.

KIs that people already have shouldnt even drop from gold chests till someone uses it.

But that would require more lines of code and actual work to make it happen..
    (0)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 08-20-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Greetings, sesucks!

I can see that you are greatly frustrated with this situation involving the trouble that you have been having with obtaining the key item. However, in order to move on with reporting this matter to the development team for an investigation, it would be a great help to us if you could provide the information that Emdub requested earlier in the thread. I can assure you that as soon as you post the information that was requested in this thread, we can move forward with having the development team thoroughly investigate this situation for you. Again, I realize how aggravating this matter has been for you, and we do hope everything works out well for you soon. Thanks again for your participation!
    (0)

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I sent it in already to the help and support desk.. did they want me to post it here? So more people can make attacks aginst me?

Considering I sent that info in at least 2 days ago and you are asking me for it still says alot about how the "teams" that work on this game have no communication with eachother and its no wonder it takes so long for things to get done.

This is a great game I love it..

It is the management of it that fails the game and its players.

This is why alot long time players are upset with SE.

Everything I have done in this game is the hard way.. Then later its changed to be easier and take way less time.

We shouldnt have had to complain for 7 years before something was finally done about HNM bots.

I shouldnt have to be complaining about this either. Aby NMs like this one have been changed already to reduced spawn times and added the KI of the Time pop NMs to gold boxes. I see the KI for the Time pop NMfrog over and over and over but some how the "random" nature of the game that is.. W/e you are tryn to get will be the last one you see...

So it is the lack of help and support is what is aggravating. @ 2am when the game is not working properly. Who can we talk to that cares? No one and if you think GMS will help.. no chance in game.. They direct me here where everything I post is riped apart and made fun of. Do you moderate them for harassing me? Nope you moderate me for defending my self from nonsence attacks.

Thanks so much for asking if things "worked out" but no.. I went the next day and still no KI from a gold box and I have not been back since.

I will send it again if I have to but I would prefer to not post the info you asked for in a publc forum.
    (0)

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Platform: ps3
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time: I forget exactly when now. 8/16 8/17 8/18
    Frequency:
    Character Name: Forceofwill
    Race: hume
    World: asura
    Class/Skill Rank: 90nin/dnc
    Physical Level:
    Area and Coordinates: abyssea misareaux
    Party or Solo: 2 person pt
    NPC Name: gold box...
    Monster Name: KI related to gukumatz but this isnt really about the NM
    In-Game Time: no idea
    Steps:
    1. Enter aby.
    2.cap azure light
    3.cap pearl light
    4.farm blue boxes for total time of 220-240 mins
    5. cap amber light
    6.spend countless hours across 2 days and see no guku KI from gold box. I saw all 5 of the other KIs over and over. Even the other time spawn NM KI "doffed Poroggo hat" many times over.
    (0)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    so you know sesucks. it's just RANDOM.

my Abyssea LS and Social LS often cleave Tahrongi for KIs. My Aby LS when at full force will often double-pull two different mob families to rake in HORRIFYING numbers of kills. And yet, on any given run, there's always that one KI that just never drops, and that one KI that everyone gets and ends up being repeatedly blown up because nobody's needed it for the last two hours.

It's just bad luck, lol. But QQ moar. >_>
    (0)

sesucks.....ever play the lottery?

That's a bit of an extreme analogy, but it DOES apply. You are after a free handout, with a very narrow winning result. As I stated earlier, their Random Number Generator (RNG) seed is likely on a predetermined pattern for it's algorhythm. You are simply in a bad spot for that RNG's seed at the moment. Sit down and run /random's for a while and track how many times it takes you to get a set number of results in a specific narrow range....say, 10 times in the 960-965 range. Sometimes it is just simply bad timing for a specific target in a RNG.

The good stuff that comes from an easy method is a grind. If you are that hard up for the skins....try to get some Guku kills in. Roughly 1/4 chance for a drop--in theory you could get 2+ per hour if you are getting the NM.

Another thought....remember what it was like farming coffer keys in some zones years ago before they started tweaking the crap out of this game? (took me two weeks to get my @#$@#$ key from Davoi) How many have outrageous kill counts on NM's for their R/E drops in the past?

All of this has happened before, and all this will happen again
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 08-21-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Greetings again, sesucks!
    Thank you for taking the time to post the information that we have requested. I have made sure to submit your information to the development team, and they will make sure to thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend consulting www.PlayOnline.com or http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any further details regarding the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2