World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

New idea for Spirits...?

Job Ability: Summoner level 75
    Duration: until Avatar is desummoned or icon is removed manually
    Recast: 1 minute

Summons an elemental spirit of your avatar's element to assist.

So, like two pets at once without being able to control it the same way. Think about it like an adventuring fellow. The spirit would be summoned and share hate with the avatar, casting its random spells and meleeing the same target.
    This stance would add 5 perpetuation cost, which may be reduced to 0 with merits into elemental perpetuation cost. Elemental Siphon may also be used, but only at 3/4 power.

This way, you can add some DoT, enjoy your spirits (to all us spirit junkies out there), use Elemental Siphon in a situation where it would be inappropriate to desummon, what have you.

The thought just occured to me, and I thought it would give reason to have elemental perpetuation merits in the first place, along with mimicking the Avatar fights for Waking the Beast, where the Avatars have Elementals to assist them.

Tell me what you think!
    (1)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 08-16-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Adding name and changing cost.

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    (Insert witty Avatar's something here)
    Job Ability: Summoner level 75
    Duration: until Avatar is desummoned or icon is removed manually
    Recast: 1 minute

Summons an elemental of your avatar's element to assist.

So, like two pets at once without being able to control it the same way. Think about it like an adventuring fellow. The spirit would be summoned and share hate with the avatar, casting its random spells and meleeing the same target.
    This stance would add 10 perpetuation cost, which may be reduced to 5 with merits into elemental perpetuation cost. Elemental Siphon may also be used, but only at 3/4 power.

This way, you can add some DoT, enjoy your spirits (to all us spirit junkies out there), use Elemental Siphon in a situation where it would be inappropriate to desummon, what have you.

The thought just occured to me, and I thought it would give reason to have elemental perpetuation merits in the first place, along with mimicking the Avatar fights for Waking the Beast, where the Avatars have Elementals to assist them.

Tell me what you think, suggestions, a name, whatever works. ;3
    +10 perp is a bit too steep tbh, maybe +3 would be fine. What if instead of meleeing they just nuked, but had the ability to cast nukes of their element on the Avatar to heal it if it goes <50%HP.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Take away the +10 perp cost, and it might actually be a viable addition. Would at least give spirits meaning again outside of getting MP quickly. And its not like we can control them at all anyway, so it wouldn't hurt having another pet out that you can't control, like an adventure fellow.

Also, what Raz said about casting spells on the avatar to heal them is also a very good idea.

This is the first idea about spirits that I really hope SE would look into. It would help regular SMNs out a lot, it would help the 2 meleers out there for extra damage, and it would help the WHM wanabees out by having both carbuncle and light spirit out to help cure.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Take away the +10 perp cost, and it might actually be a viable addition. Would at least give spirits meaning again outside of getting MP quickly. And its not like we can control them at all anyway, so it wouldn't hurt having another pet out that you can't control, like an adventure fellow.

Also, what Raz said about casting spells on the avatar to heal them is also a very good idea.

This is the first idea about spirits that I really hope SE would look into. It would help regular SMNs out a lot, it would help the 2 meleers out there for extra damage, and it would help the WHM wanabees out by having both carbuncle and light spirit out to help cure.
    I hadn't thought about the Carbuncle/Light spirit that would be a really nice addition for those " I gotta main heal moments".
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    That alone would make a lot of SMNs happy. And a lot unhappy, because then people would think that we have become gimp WHMs again...
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That alone would make a lot of SMNs happy. And a lot unhappy, because then people would think that we have become gimp WHMs again...
    I never really ran into that stigma before, and it is something we used to be able to replace a WHM at in a pinch, so I figure why the hell not sometimes. Although I do get the PSTD some people have with SMN main heal from their own experiences.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    People thought that because of our huge mana pool, we would make better WHMs than, well, WHMs. Which is true from level 1 to 10, but as soon as WHM got cure II, we were out of the WHM job. But they still think to this day that SMN is just another form of healer.

But we are getting off track again.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    People thought that because of our huge mana pool, we would make better WHMs than, well, WHMs. Which is true from level 1 to 10, but as soon as WHM got cure II, we were out of the WHM job. But they still think to this day that SMN is just another form of healer.

But we are getting off track again.
    Yeah lol, back on topic maybe the spirit could act as some kind of buffer too, it grants the avatar an enspell/spikes/Stoneskin etc.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

My opinion: The risk of sleep and silence forcing you to do a release the avatar to get a new spirit is negative enough to not need any other penalties.

SE's likely opinion: Full 20 MP per tick additional spirit perpetuation. 50% damage reduction on BP:Rage. No Elemental Siphon available. Else it would be "unbalanced" with 2 pets.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    My opinion: The risk of sleep and silence forcing you to do a release the avatar to get a new spirit is negative enough to not need any other penalties.

SE's likely opinion: Full 20 MP per tick additional spirit perpetuation. 50% damage reduction on BP:Rage. No Elemental Siphon available. Else it would be "unbalanced" with 2 pets.
    I think it's your optimism that I like most about you Mala, jk. Although I kind of argee with you that SE wouldn't consider your opinion enough trade off, maybe lack of Siphon alone in there eyes to balance an ability like this.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast