Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Areola View Post
    I myself prefer jugs over charming mobs. It just fits my play style better. Plus mis-charming, charming, and re-charming isn't exactly what I would call fun <_<.
    With only 60ish cooking skill you can make a good majority of the decent jugs and food, and the materials are very easy to farm. apart form Eta biscuits and razor brain broth there isn't much else a bst would need that lv60 cooking couldn't make(until the update at least)
    I completely agree with this statement and I wish more folks would adopt a similar word usage in expressing how they play the game... so many times over and over you see folks "telling others that they're doing it wrong..." that there's pretty much one play style in the game and if you're not adopting to it.. then it's wrong...

The OP wants to be able to charm again... in more higher-region areas... if that's his/her desire, then so be it... for me, personally, I enjoy jug pets and don't miss being able to charm or (mis-charm) in areas for the purpose of using my job. However, SE "may" add charmable mobs in additional zones, just because some folks "want" to do it over purchasing jug pets.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Endoq
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 90
    i would like to see mobs be charmable in all "battle field status". for example, voidwatch and field manual NMs, where all other mobs become unattackable/uncharmable and not only that but this also despawns a jug pet if you already have one. if im doing multiple runs with a few people this would mean i have to waste a jug each fight even though my jugs timer has litteraly hours left on it sometimes, so i end up wasting tons of jugs. this system is really messed up for soloing as i cannot let my call beast timer cool down before spawning an NM that will prolly use multiple pets to kill, also its dangerous/stupid to spawn an NM with no pet out.
    (2)
    Last edited by Endoq; 09-19-2011 at 01:12 AM.

I don't really see why there's so much debate on this topic. Fact is, the option of charming should exist. Period. It should be up to the player whether or not they choose to use it or not. I get that the majority of bsts out there prefer to rely on jugs only and that's fine. But there are bsts out there that prefer access to more advanced tactics, and I believe they should be given that freedom. It may just be my opinion, but I really see zero reason why anyone should be speaking against the reinstatement of charm.
    (2)

Character
    Feynman
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My BST is now at level 80 and I level it outside of abyssea. I personally don't like the leech party idea at all. I'm not really concerned about how many high level jobs I have, just in enjoying the game. When I'm out leveling it's because that's what I find fun at the moment. Same with questing, missions, crafting, etc.

When you are leveling off EM, T, or VT mobs jug pets just don't cut it. Even the 76+ ones which are admittedly better than the previous ones. The mobs still tear through your pets way too fast so you're left with the option of throwing tons of food at it or just keeping it alive until until Call Beast is recharged. What I like about BST is that almost regardless of my HP/MP or statuses I can keep exp coming in. Let my pet take care of it for awhile and I'll go rest.

I do love the increased control with jug pets. Snarl and Ready really can be life savers. But that's the thing right? You can charm and have a much more durable pets for a more reliable exp flow without throwing tons of gil at it. Or you can use a weaker jug pet for greater control.

For a soloist who lvls outside of abyssea, charm is the way to go. If you lvl in abyssea, thus likely in parties, then of course you use jug pets. If I'm in a party I always use jugs. My pet likely isn't going to be tanking and newer jug pets do nice damage. But after lvling in abyssea, you come into the "regular" areas and need to skill up so you go to EP, or DC mobs and jug pets are sufficient. I chose to lvl BST because of its solo capabilities and reputation. I'm a grad student and my schedule is often too hectic to allow too much time to play. So I chose a solo job. The lack of charmable mobs is a major issue for people charming pets to fight enemies at or above their level.

And as for sic, one of the most important things about BST soloing is to find a decent camp. If you are charming rabbits and standing in the middle of mob-filled field and use Sic....you're asking for it. Pull the mob away from others. Find a safe spot to fight. If the rabbit uses Whirl Claws it can hit your target but otherwise nothing but air.

And the mischarms? Yeah it can be annoying when it happens but that's part of the fun to me! Makes you be resourceful. Teaches you that Tame also makes an angry monster stop attacking, forces you to find creative ways to come out of a tough situation alive. Or can lead to some spectacular deaths! Good times in my opinion! Part of it is knowing your potential pet though. Tigers, slimes, opo-opo, etc are probably not good choices if your CHR is low or you need a reliable life saver. Learn the mobs and use them to your advantage!
    (1)

Player
    Ya it's sad, most bst now basicly have no concept of the job itself if they never solo'd/duo'd it up. There is a reason before abyssea it was so frowned upon seeing a bst lvling in a party, its because it does take skill and practice to be able to solo hard things on bst a juggle all the variables going on at once and a partied or leeched up bst just doesnt have a clue.

If only bst had a dedicated fan base like rdm, this issue would be getting feedback by now. lol I guess Cure5 is a more important topic than a whole jobs' primary function being neglected.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    The very life and death of our job is at hand. No matter how many times its been mentioned, it needs to be once more, and kept in the spot light and top of our request priorities!
    I think maybe you are making things worse than they are. Jug Pets nowadays are much better than they used to be at 75 when everybody was using Courier Carrie.

Still, I concur that it's a shame that Charm has got no love over the last 3 years and the BST job slowly steered from Charm to Call Beast.
    Charm used to be the CORE mechanic of the BST job and Call Beast used to be the ALTERNATIVE to use when you were in a mess or when Charm wasn't possible.
    Now things kinda shifted toward a new direction, Call Beast seem to be the main thing, getting cool pets and specific JAs (ready, snarl etc) while Charm is... just useless. Tell me the last time you used Charm.
    This also affects our 2hr since Familiar isn't that great on pets you get through Call Beast.
    It also destroyed the necessity to stack CHR and INT gear for charm and Tame, altough that might be a pro for inventory+, since you never can get enough inventory (I for once know that my BST really took a lot of space back when I had DD setups, WS setups, /WHM setups, Charm setups, Tame setups, etc etc etc)

I'd really love for SE to let some light shine again on Charm.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And what would you ever charm and why? There's nothing in any end game that you can use charm for anything other then hate/pulling.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That's what "let some light shine on Charm" means.
    What you described is the current situation and the reason why: 1) Charm became useless, 2) More useful and powerful jug pets got released, to compensate the fact that charm started sucking (and releasing new pets was a much easier/quicker way for them to "fix BST" compared to the amount of work they'd probably have to do to "fix" Charm)
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And what would you ever charm and why? There's nothing in any end game that you can use charm for anything other then hate/pulling.
    The whole thread is about SE putting charmables into endgame. They are asking SE to stop this choice they have been making of slowly weaning off charm.

Your basically coming back at them with "charm shouldn't be made useful again because as you can see its useless right now." ...
    But come to think of it, that is the level of argument i have come to expect from you. Shame on me for being surprised.
    (2)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm a 7yr BST... BST was my first 75, and I spent most of my HNMLS life as BST main.

I spent hours, and hours, and millions of gil putting a Charm set together. Back in the days of our pet Linkshells, every BST prided himself on having a great Charm set. Being able to solo Ancient Goobbue without a mischarm was like a badge of honor. When we took Tiamat down with Antlions and Fly's, we felt a sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt in years on this game.

The Jug pets are cool, I like that they can actually hold their own now, as opposed to just being a kamikaze pet attack to buy me some time to find a charmed pet. But the first ability BST was given was Charm!! How the F%#* can SE completely render our main job ability useless all of a sudden? You BST's that seem so willing to trade your main job ability for a few roided up jug pets didn't have to fight with SAM's, MNK's and NIN's for your Osode years ago, you didn't buy your Apollo's staff when it cost damn near a million gil... you didn't have to level your BST 1-75 in a pre aht urgan Vanadiel when NO one wanted a BST in their party. Your charm set isn't near and dear to your heart (if you even still have one). My only reason for getting my BST AF+1 hands, feet and legs was for my charm set.

What other job in this game has had their main jobs ability rendered useless? You can't name one, because we're the only one. Whm's can still cure, a rdm can still enfeeble, blm's can still nuke... all the DD's still have use for their main abilities.

I'm an old school BST... I have a Phd in hate management and release/recharm tactics. Me and my old BST buddy, Silverwedge, took pics of our BST's in East Altepa Desert like 6 years ago when we first got Leave... that's how proud we were. Charm and Leave made BST what it was. Lol, i still have that pic of us Leaving our beetles together, haha. I applaud SE for finally revamping BST with the new more powerful jug pets... but to completely abandon our main job abilities for the simplicity of using a suped up jug pet isn't a fair trade for us old school BST's.
    (3)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast