Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Feynman
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I still stand by the uselessness of charm today, there's no reason for it's use anymore. Name an endgame you can use it validly in?
    I think you misunderstand the original intent of this thread. We are not saying that charm is incredibly useful and people need to use it more. We are saying that what was long the defining job ability of the BST job is losing its usefulness by SE's recent decisions. We want charm to still useful, to still be a viable option, instead of losing an ability that was a source of much of the fun of BST. We're upset that it isn't as useful as it should be.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Feynman View Post
    I think you misunderstand the original intent of this thread. We are not saying that charm is incredibly useful and people need to use it more. We are saying that what was long the defining job ability of the BST job is losing its usefulness by SE's recent decisions. We want charm to still useful, to still be a viable option, instead of losing an ability that was a source of much of the fun of BST. We're upset that it isn't as useful as it should be.
    You are throwing pearls man.

Tsu is immune to logic based attacks. In fact, probably absorbs them.
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    My favorite part of your post is where you assume that everyone plays the game exactly the way you do, and that when we're referring to anything ingame it must be about the latest endgame content when that's not necessarily the case at all. The game can still be played at various level ranges due to level sync and if you have a shell like mine, there's no shortage of new faces to meet and go do fun stuff with of all levels. Just because YOU don't participate in anything other than the newest fad does not mean we're all the same.
    I like how start with something I never claimed and end with an unfounded assumtion about a person you know nothing about. Then continue with backing your entire argument with XP parties which is not content. As for the /bst for trials, it can be incredibly useful, but this is the bst forum, not the /bst forum. A sub bst only has charm as an option, so that is an entirely different an invalid point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feynman View Post
    I didn't miss any point, I voiced the opposition. You can go out and charm as much as you want on bst, but it still doesn't have a place anymore other then random non-abyssea XP in some dank hole. All of you so easily dismiss my claims as nothing, but don't even try to show where charm would be viable in any of the game's content. All you're saing is "I want thint this" without even concidering why. The game has changed and there's no real point in this JA anymore other then screwing around on things that don't matter. Your mistaking nostalgia with necessity. Nostolgia from a time when bst was forced into a roll that it didn't even have to be by people who couldn't understand the job in the first place.
    (0)

ok, you asked for examples.

Nyzul isle, If we were allowed to charm in nyzul isle it would be incredibly useful.

Voidwatch, If zones were stocked with pets and we were allowed to charm them in voidwatch fights it would be very useful.

theres 2 examples. (i got bored)

Point is, if SE stocked these endgame areas with appropriate lvl charmables they would be useful in all endgame events. Every single last one of them.

Also, i dont know what rolls you were forced into. I was never forced into any. I had some pressure from narrowminded troll parrots, who didnt like my job, but i managed just fine to prove my worth in all my events.

Seems like your waiting for the day where bst becomes the definative DD in everyones eyes. Well i don't care about trivial crap like that. And if gits like you end up turning my job into a simple minded straight forward uber DD, first ima fall asleep from boredom, and then im gonna wake up and rage. Bst is a cool job that is multi functional , self supported, well balanced, challenging and fun. It isnt broken, it doesnt "need" steroids. And it definately doesnt need to lose all its unique power in some misguided quest for DD godhood. If you want that ... go play warrior and quit trolling here.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Nyzul is a poor example. A terrible, grasping at straws one for that matter. If you could charm mobs in there it would completely off balance then entire structure in bst's favor. It would turn into 1 job zone. Bst or GTFO and SE actualy is trying to maintain something resembling balance. As for the VWNMs, if there's charmable mobs around the pops, it would cause more problems for the parties then any possible benefits.
    Neitehr of these things are good examples. All this will do is add endless changes and pointless ones at that just for a single ability of a single job that the smallest minority is desperately clinging to because they refuse to change with the times. The rest of your post is more pointless assuming ending with the word troll just to make just to yourself look more valid. Is a counterpoint realy that damamging to what you think bst should be?
    (0)

Player
    You realy wasted time charming things for trial fights when any of the new jug pets easily do double the damage?
    Yes, because Rdm/bst really can use "any of the new jug pets which easily do double the damage." lol.
    Also not sure what planet your on but last time I checked EM+ wild mobs have always been stronger than jug pets, but maybe I'm just too into detials >.> lol
    (0)

Nyzul is a poor example. A terrible, grasping at straws one for that matter. If you could charm mobs in there it would completely off balance then entire structure in bst's favor. It would turn into 1 job zone. Bst or GTFO and SE actualy is trying to maintain something resembling balance. As for the VWNMs, if there's charmable mobs around the pops, it would cause more problems for the parties then any possible benefits.
    Neitehr of these things are good examples. All this will do is add endless changes and pointless ones at that just for a single ability of a single job that the smallest minority is desperately clinging to because they refuse to change with the times. The rest of your post is more pointless assuming ending with the word troll just to make just to yourself look more valid. Is a counterpoint realy that damamging to what you think bst should be?
    i feel like i am taking crazy pills.

First u try to say "why would anyone even want to be able to charm?! its worthless in endgame!"
    Then i give u 2 specific examples of where its not worthless.... as well as state that it would be worthwhile in ALL endgame events... and you say there bad examples.

And wats more you say there bad examples because charm would be really strong and unbalanced. But u just said.. a christ nevermind.

Also 'charmable mobs near the NM would create a problem for other people' totally not true. We are talking abuot formats here. SE decided to make this event a bcnm style status fight. And put a short out of bounds imaginary line on the battle field. This was an AWEFUL choice for charm. The point of this threwad is they didnt HAVE TO choose to do it that way. The people in this thread are asking SE to stop it with the anti charm endgame designs. These NMs could of been ??? spawned just like normal NMs.

And since when are "single jobs single skills" not important? Do you think THFs would be just happy as ever if SE started designing endgame content where they couldnt SATA? What about monks who couldnt counter? Warriors who got there JA buffs dispelled or stolen as soon as they were used?

Stop trying to downplay the loss of a skill. It is a big deal.

I didn't call you a troll to validate my point.

My point is valid because i observed the situation and weighed in all angles with an unbiased viewpoint b4 coming to a conclusion.
    It also helps that i combine clear concise points with decent grammar, to make my valid points.

I called you a troll because you ARE a troll. It was an addendum. In addition to my point.

No one cares that you disagree with them.
    Its the way you disagree with them. Berating and belittling them. Not even trying to see their side. Thats what makes you a troll.

And b4 you say "but u belittled me so that makes you a troll" let me explain.. i fight troll with troll u mad?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Then i give u 2 specific examples of where its not worthless.... as well as state that it would be worthwhile in ALL endgame events... and you say there bad examples.
    You gave 2 examples that had nothing to do with charm. You're examples would instead change the fundamentals of the game or change whole zone placements just to accomidate your wants of one job.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You are throwing pearls man.

Tsu is immune to logic based attacks. In fact, probably absorbs them.
    I just thought you needed a reminder Gotterdammerung. There is a reason I don't engage Tsu.. since about 2 weeks after these forums launched.

I understand you were bored, but remember, it is just a futile effort.
    Thank you for making a good point though. Its the entire dynamic of gameplay that is missing since charm has been killed off. It would be like obfuscating the ja's of WAR or MNK or DNC right out from under them.

"okay, In this content we are not going to let dancer's use steps anymore...." Is a fair comparison.

Losing charm also caused us to lose Familiar. +10% max hp isn't a bad thing... but really, compared to an IT pet for 30 min, there's a HUGE difference.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Yeah. I for one respect what you say Gotter, but it's time you followed your own advice. Tsu will always have the last word. I absolutely promise you he will never let it be otherwise. And time and time again, Tsu is gonna prove me right. It's time to just ignore him. At no point will it ever matter how valid or logical your point is, he will tear it down with a smile and repeat the exact same thing he's said in nearly every post. There comes a point when a person crosses the line from stating an opinion to looking for a fight. I believe that line has been crossed.

The point in this thread was to bring this issue to the attention of SE. Rest happy knowing that his opinions, while designed to aggravate other players, will carry absolutely 0 weight when it comes time for SE to make a decision on the subject. Thank you. That is all.
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast