Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    The very life and death of our job is at hand. No matter how many times its been mentioned, it needs to be once more, and kept in the spot light and top of our request priorities!

Beastmasters need up coming content to involve the acutal job itself, which is the ability to charm monsters. So lets remind SE again, and how many ever times it takes that beastmasters need new high level pets, not just pets but pets IN areas which there is a use for them, AND said use to actually be not worthless meaning we want to use charmed pets in most if not all the new content to come, and for things like voidwatch.

No matter how it is spun, twisted and turned, warped or altered, half decent jug pets are not a solid viable alternative or replacement for charmed pets and is nothing more than it has always been, a expensive, usualy quick to die, weak emergency replacment for a charmed pet.

If the beastmaster community's requests are not met on this issue, the "real" joy of playing the job itself will be lost forever.

Now is the time for bst's to band together full force on this issue when it counts the most, because now is the time window of posibility for the future of bst to be made right.
    Charm was never more then a niche for people who can't figure out how to play with other people. Beast dose not need more charm crap, it needs more pet oriented abilities and gear that dose something for pets unlike empyrean.
    (0)

Player
    lol... you really hit that mark there... lol...
    So are you saying you've always played bst without charm, and avoided it like the plague then? I assume you never leeched bst up in abyssea then, and you leveled it back in the day, and you were one of those bst's who couldn't solo so they party'd their way to 75?

YES! Give bst more pet buffs but no charmed pets to use them on... lol you should be a comedian.
    (2)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I made the switch to jug pets pretty much full time when I got snarl. Haven't looked back since. That ability, and the option to tell your pet what WS to use is much better than hitting sic, and crossing your fingers. No surprise AOE's that way either.
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Charm was never more then a niche for people who can't figure out how to play with other people.
    So you're saying an ability that was with our job from the very beginning was only implemented because the developers foresaw people not getting groups? Either I'm completely misunderstanding, or you need to lay off the paint.
    (3)

Player
    They should make an ability like rangers recyle too bst
    when using a jug it might not be deplete ^^ sAVE $
    (1)

Player
    SE needs to address and acknowledge the issue of bst's design and charm already.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Beastmaster is not the job it once was, adn people have to just deal with it. Having mobs in Abyessa charmable would be the dumbest thing SE would have ever done. It would destroy abyessa. With all the high level mobs right close to all the high level nms, a Group of bsts could destroy everything and abyessa nms would be a cake walk. REally think about it before you come up with ideas.

If that happened, abyessa would be 90% bsts walking around, bad enough as it is with mnk and whm soloing so much, but charmable mobs in abyessa would completely destroy it. People need to stop acting like spoiled little brats in this game and want game breaking JA's traits etc, fix the real issues, stop making more.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Beastmaster is not the job it once was, adn people have to just deal with it. Having mobs in Abyessa charmable would be the dumbest thing SE would have ever done. It would destroy abyessa. With all the high level mobs right close to all the high level nms, a Group of bsts could destroy everything and abyessa nms would be a cake walk. REally think about it before you come up with ideas.

If that happened, abyessa would be 90% bsts walking around, bad enough as it is with mnk and whm soloing so much, but charmable mobs in abyessa would completely destroy it. People need to stop acting like spoiled little brats in this game and want game breaking JA's traits etc, fix the real issues, stop making more.

Amazing Foresight you have there. The only problem is, fixing the real issues would require SE to do some actual work on each job instead of random "adjustments" and minor tweaks that we keep seeing. There hasn't been a radical gameplay change to any job since they decided to make shielding not terrible, and even then it was a minor thing that didn't actually fix any problems, it just made shields somewhat better than garbage.

Now, what we're facing is thus: SE wants us to be group friendly, but until very recently none of our abilities meshed well with group play, and there's no indicator of that happening any time soon. On the test server we have our new "Spend Gil Faster" Ability and some neat jugs but nothing in our skillset warrants a PT slot aside from being personal friends with the PT leader, it's the same old song and dance from the devs. "We want you to play in groups, but we don't want to give you group related abilities or adjust your current ones to mesh better with group play. In fact, we will give you exclusively solo oriented abilities and then add a few neat toys here and there but will never actually resolve the issue at hand. Also, you will never get a better WS. NEVER. Mwahahahaha!!"
    (1)

Personally, i understand the need for the charm atrophy. I firmly believe that if every zone was well stocked with charmable pets, then bstmaster would be unstoppable.

But i also miss the skill terribly. People point back to mischarms, but mischarms were not that common for me. Maybe it was because i spent lots of gil on a perfect charm set. Maybe it was because i payed attention to the challenge rating of the area. Maybe it was because i controlled my camp. But for watever reasons, i never had problems with mischarm. I did run into mischarms occasionally, but they were never a big deal. We had sooo many tools too regain control after a mischarm, and i often found that to be the most fun part. Ive been thru most of what this game has to offer, and still nothing beats mischarming a linking mob standing next to 5 of his friends and coming out of it alive. Maybe i like it because it was an era when it took skill to play bst. Maybe im just a glutton for punishment. Who knows.

I also can say, I have never lost a NM during a pet swap, and im not exactly sure how this happens to people, but that in itself is not a problem with charm, it is a problem with the system and call beast jugs have a similar problem. The flaw needs to be fixed, not blamed on any 1 skill.

I understand that charm will probably never return. But i still don't enjoy lesser skilled beasts coming in after the fact and badmouthing charm just because they weren't good enough to handle pre abyssea bst.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Personally, i understand the need for the charm atrophy. I firmly believe that if every zone was well stocked with charmable pets, then bstmaster would be unstoppable.

But i also miss the skill terribly. People point back to mischarms, but mischarms were not that common for me. Maybe it was because i spent lots of gil on a perfect charm set. Maybe it was because i payed attention to the challenge rating of the area. Maybe it was because i controlled my camp. But for watever reasons, i never had problems with mischarm. I did run into mischarms occasionally, but they were never a big deal. We had sooo many tools too regain control after a mischarm, and i often found that to be the most fun part. Ive been thru most of what this game has to offer, and still nothing beats mischarming a linking mob standing next to 5 of his friends and coming out of it alive. Maybe i like it because it was an era when it took skill to play bst. Maybe im just a glutton for punishment. Who knows.

I also can say, I have never lost a NM during a pet swap, and im not exactly sure how this happens to people, but that in itself is not a problem with charm, it is a problem with the system and call beast jugs have a similar problem. The flaw needs to be fixed, not blamed on any 1 skill.

I understand that charm will probably never return. But i still don't enjoy lesser skilled beasts coming in after the fact and badmouthing charm just because they weren't good enough to handle pre abyssea bst.
    ^ This. Well said.
    (2)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast