Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Character
    Feynman
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    1) What exactly would you like Charm to do (exactly; "I want Charm to be good in endgame" isn't any more helpful than "I want a pony") that jug pets don't
    Charm mobs.

2) How would you implement such a thing without negatively impacting literally everyone in the game not currently on BST by putting more mobs that could kill them into areas where they'll be fighting stuff that could kill them without the help of said mobs?
    Honestly, I think the problem is creating content in such a way that you must remove a specific job's main ability or else it's weighted poorly. This seems sloppy. All the original content was designed such that, while each job had certain strengths and weaknesses, all jobs had a role and could function without a huge imbalance. I know people are about to point out the difficulty most jobs had soloing, but remember old content was centered around the idea that you HAD to work together. BST was the most notable exception, giving the soloist a job to still be able to play.

Charm is a unique ability in that its effectiveness is totally dependent on the environment; the whole point of the shift in focus to Call Beast was to get away from this, and I for one think it was a good call.
    We'll have to disagree on this one. The shift to Call Beast from Charm is, in my opinion, something like this.

"Let's make BST able to call a subpar pet anywhere and throw it at mobs, instead of having BST understand different mobs, the lay of the land, family strengths/weaknesses, and all that other stuff that Charm requires."

It is, to me, another example of the move to "easy mode" where every problem is solved by just getting enough people to beat on a monster.

You CANNOT make Charm more effective without making everyone else's lives worse.
    I honestly don't understand this comment. If this were true then it would have been impossible for Charm to have ever been effective without ruining other people's gameplay experience.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    It is really, REALLY messed up for you to consider my unwillingness to drop 100+ hours to level a job that all evidence suggested would not provide me with any real benefit some sort of failing of character. Seriously, do you realize how insane that sounds?
    This is the part I'm having the most trouble understanding. On several occasions you've said how much you dislike the job, and that you would consider it a waste of your time to even level it. With that in mind, why are you even here? Why are you even bothering to argue on a subject that really has little to nothing to do with you?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    This is the part I'm having the most trouble understanding. On several occasions you've said how much you dislike the job, and that you would consider it a waste of your time to even level it. With that in mind, why are you even here? Why are you even bothering to argue on a subject that really has little to nothing to do with you?
    Oooh, snap!
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10