Player

The Unofficial Leader of a Party.

I've thought about this for a while, and I'll keep it short and sweet. Paladin is known as the staple for leading a group of adventurers into the fray, is it not? Why not base the paladin's attack power, as well as defense, on the amount of people in the group. More effective damaging paladins are only meant to do DD in a group of 6 or more. This will not inhibit their ability to tank otherwise, but more or less do damage in Abyssea or otherwise. Even if it's left out of Abyssea, it's a reason to play Paladin again...

It'd be easy to code with no gamebreaking changes, plus the /pld option would be a joke still. Think of it as an aura buff so to speak..Presence maybe? Just something different to give Paladins that slight edge when fighting in a group. This way, they aren't imbalanced when it comes to soloing or otherwise.

Share your ideas.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alturen; 03-10-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot. English isn't my strong point.

Company sword?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Company sword?
    Thanks for proving my point.

It's already in the game somewhat.

Increase the effect.
    Make it a job trait.
    ???
    Profit!
    (1)

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I kind of like the idea myself: A Company Sword-ish type of job trait. The effect's already in the game so they wouldn't have to shoehorn as many lines of code as some of the other adjustments they've made over the years, and it feeds off of the Paladin from a "theme" standpoint more than just arbitrarily shifting game mechanics and abilities just to make them "more viable" and such.
    (0)