Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev1022] Grounds of valor location question

I noticed that the new thread seems to be adding all the zilart dungeons... with a few exceptions. Quicksand Caves, Sea Serpent Grotto, and The Temple of Uggalepih are not among those added. Was this a typo in the report, or are these just not included, possibly for the same reason Beadeaux, Davoi, and Castle Oztroja lack grounds pages.

Though, so long as it's on my mind, I'd love for grounds tomes to be added to these areas. People could use an incentive to go and attack the beastmen after all.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

I don't mind them wrecking balance in low level areas by adding level ~90 mobs as long as they don't aggro or link. Fei'Yin new mobs shouldn't be there or at least not aggro.
    (0)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ifrit's cauldron is a terrible idea unless there's 30 or so books.
    (1)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    what about the automatism to keep the current page after you finish one?
    (1)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Karinya
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    Was this a typo in the report, or are these just not included, possibly for the same reason Beadeaux, Davoi, and Castle Oztroja lack grounds pages.
    My first thought was they didn't want to interfere with AF coffers (either by banishing key-dropping mobs to inaccessible locations, putting level 90+ mobs on top of the coffers themselves, etc.) but Ifrit's Cauldron and Kuftal have AF coffers too, so... Beadeaux, Davoi, and Oztroja are also involved in numerous quests and missions, not to mention the presence of testimony droppers, so maybe that's why they didn't want to rearrange them.

Please be mindful of trials when adjusting monster locations, though. Chamber Beetles are either inaccessible or nonexistent now, as I was dismayed to discover when attempting Trial 190. (Fortunately, Quicksand Caves is still a possible location for that one.) Having your level 60 trials target replaced by a level 95 GoV target is very bad even if the new mob is the same family and thus technically you could do the trial on it instead (with enough help).
    (0)

Character
    Sgtsagara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    There are already books in af coffer locations so that cant be it. most of those places seem like beastmen strongholds maybe that's it. who realy knows why they do some things.
    (0)

Player
    I'd say odds are cause those places are considered beastmen strongholds. Maybe they are trying to play it out like all this is happening cause of voidwatch however since the beastmen strongholds are like their home they aren't effected or rather they are fighting off the potential of new mobs invading their homes.
    (0)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    My feedback on the system as a whole so far:

Fei'Yin:

- Redistribute the lower level Shadow mobs to the four southeastern rooms to the south of the entrance to Qu'bia arena. Four Shadows per room. Move Specters and the Shadow NMs from the NW corner to the NE corner area (north of the Entrance to Qu'Bia arena) and from the basement. Again, 4 per room.

- Use the rooms freed up near the Cloister of Frost to relocate all the stray Weapons (western side of the basement - some are in side rooms, some are in a deadend room west of Cassie) so all the weapons are along the path to Shiva.

- Northwest of the fountain room is an area shaped like Brain's (from Pinky and the Brain) head. Use this room and the room to the SE of it (the room that should now connect Shadows and Fomors) for the Lv95+ bats and pots.

- Use the NW corner (formerly Specters) for the Lv95+ Ghosts.

- Use the remaining areas to redistribute the small number of displaced pots, dolls and bats. There is still an empty room west of Cassie, several empty rooms previously occupied by weapons, and a few empty hallways.

Ranguemont Pass:

- Consider removing all high level monsters from this area. It is very small, but is an instrumental pathway to progress on quests and storylines for newer players. The level jump is pretty illogical as well.

- Alternately, relocate all high level mobs to the northern tunnel and to the southeastern forked dead-end tunnel.

- If taking the second option consider 1) the NM for Blighted Gloom should also be relocated and 2) the oozes in Ranguemont Pass are a VERY popular camp for BLMs working on Empyrean Staves.

Garlaige Citadel

- Return the main basement to the way it was. (Funnel Bats, Chamber Beetles), but leave out Magic Jugs and move Explosures (Genkai 1 bombs) to those spots. Remove the undead from Serket's room, but keep them in the back room.

- Use the rooms freed up by Explosures to implement the higher leveled mobs.

- Replace the skeletons near the exit to Roc with Coffer Key level skeletons.

- Replace all the enemies on the path to the Strange Apparatus room with higher leveled enemies, but not interfering with the path to the furnace room.

- Add a key item to open Banishing Gates, similar to the Moongate Key for Ro'Maeve.

- Adjust the THF AF3 quest so the monster placement will not interfere with the quest. (This can be achieved by making the 6th ??? spawn the NM and eliminating the 7th)

The Boyahda Tree

- I'd keep the majority of new enemies beyond the Korrigan/Processionaire areas. Mostly towards Ancient Goobbue and maybe heading up towards Dragon's Aery.

- I would not interfere with the first part of the zone much, if at all - mostly leaving Bark Spiders, Robber Crabs, Mouriches and Knight Crawlers alone.

- Do not add tougher enemies in the vicinity of the ??? for the Sleepga II quest.

Korroloka Tunnel

- Changes to this zone may upset players if Astral Burning is still prevalent.

- I would not interfere with the direct path from Bastok to Altepa.

- Do not add tougher enemies in the vicinity or on the path to the ??? for the Ninja job quest.

Kuftal Tunnel

- I would not interfere with the path from Western Altepa Desert to Cape Teriggan.

Ve’Lugannon Palace

- I would not interfere with areas used to fight enemies like Brigandish Blade, Zipacna and Steam Cleaner.

The Shrine of Ru’Avitau

- I would not interfere with areas used to fight enemies like Olla Grande, Faust, Ullikummi and Mother Globe.

Ifrit’s Cauldron

- I would take extra care with this zone to make sure enemies group together on tome pages are within close vicinity to each other.

- It would be difficult to increase the level of enemies in this zone without affecting the path taken used for Zilart Mission #5.

- I would like to see the amount of time Flame Sprouts are present decreased.

Gustav Tunnel

- This zone is interesting because it caters to level 40ish players, but really doesn't need to. The entire first tunnel (Hawkers, Hell Bats, Goblins) could be removed. I think the only things to be cautious of interfering with here are Bastok Mission 9, a Shantotto mission and a WSNM. The path to Teriggan is pretty useless, and doesn't really need to be preserved.

Labyrinth of Onzozo

- This is a pretty neat zone with a lot going on, really. There's a lot of different enemies, lots of NMs, WSNMs, quests... definitely workable. I would just start by condensing enemies that are pretty wide spread and moving enemies forward - and seeing what space if freed up in the end.

- Having one room of Cockatrice could allow you to move the Sea Monks up - freeing up the Peg Prowler room - which you could move Torama/Ose/Goblins too - freeing up the back room - which could be used for new enemies.

Rewards:

- Narrow the range of loot distribution from brown Treasure Caskets. Obtaining items like Potion +1, Zinc Ore and Bird Feathers is frustrating.

- Allow us to maintain Prowess for a period of time, even if we leave the area. Sometimes we want to leave the zone - even if only for a few minutes to reapply signet, list items on the auction house or to use up merit points.

- Maintain the "once per day" restriction on gil rewards, but remove the restriction on tabs.

- Perhaps increase the duration on Haste received from Tomes to 30 minutes - or the duration of your next page - even if for an increased cost in Tabs. (The current duration makes it pretty useless).

Grounds Tome:

- Ensure that all target enemies are within reasonable distance to a Grounds Tome. At present, Bostaunieux Oubliette and King Ranperre's Tomb are not very reasonable. Ifrit's Cauldron will likely require several tomes to be functional. Other zones may require a few, while Zeruhn Mines gets by fine with just one.
    (1)
    Last edited by Francisco; 08-13-2011 at 01:25 AM.

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Stop Breaking Old zones and use the man power to give us new zones/expansions.

Bet SE has a motivational poster that says "If its not broke, Break it!"

The only zone that gets used now For Grounds of Valor is Zeruhn Mines and that's only for the Prouesse Ring (skill up gain ring) Seeing that no one uses the other zones why break more? If anything they should fix the book issue before adding more zones. Adding more books to the zone isn't the fix either, we need a portable book like the magian specs the coding should be there already make a new item that pops out a book and make checking your own book act like you checked the real book sounds simple enough...
    (0)

Character
    Thonuwan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't know about Quetz but on Carbuncle Crawler's Nest is used all the time for parties up to the level cap there on the bees and crawlers. I have also seen the Bostaunieux Oubliette host a fair number of people though I haven't been in there in a while.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast