Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think its been a long time you havent done this BC. This mob is pathetically weak. Also: same strategy works perfectly fine on The KB, just did one. KB is weaker thant the NM in th KS99 actually. Meteor less than 800...
    (0)

when you duo turtle ksnm with whm + monk please post it.
    (0)

Character
    Morwaine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I am curious also
    (0)
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've dual boxed nearly 40 Chlevnik (KS99 Behemoth) and 5 King Behemoths and I can say that Monchat is right on the money for those fights. There isn't much risk involved as long as you're prepared for it. I tank in Twilight Torque, 2x Dark Rings and a Merman's Ring for a little bit of PDT/MDT since sometimes enstun or Thunderbolt will stop your counters. Shellra V + Barthundra to cut down on magic damage and stun occurrence. Also position it so that its side is facing the WHM/RDM (so you don't get hit by Kick Out or whatever.) WHM/RDM runs out of range during Meteor casts and quickly follows them with a Cure V. Not hard at all.
    (0)

ive done it also , but its still risky it requires a semi competent rdm whos got 1/2 a brain. i wanna see the duo turtle battle.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It's not risky at all, and a WHM is far superior than a RDM. It really is better and simpler than any kite style method. Turtle duo is impossible.
    (0)

you'd recommend a either full pink or af3+1 monk without victory smite , and a whm in prob no more then 3 a tick auto refresh go and try to duo it? you've really got to consider your avg player at this point in time. I did it melee style 2 weeks ago 4 runs on the 3rd run my whm did in fact cut it close on MP, due to me getting stun locked and behemoth stunning the whm when they ran into cure followed by a meteor. if i hadn't had a 600 hp chakra set and a capped MDT set we would have wiped and lost the orb.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    AF3+1 is more than enough, it's more about technique than gear anyways. I idle in Terra's Staff on my WHM. Combined with Barthundra, the Stun effect on Thunderbolt rarely procs, and when it does it's very short lasting. I have 7 MP/tick Refresh, 4 from gear and 3 from the spell, and it's certainly more than enough. I've actually dual boxed this BC with WHM/BLM, although MP was close that time and I don't recommend it at all. If you're cutting it close melee style then you need to refine your technique. It's not risky if you do it right (and you don't need the best gear, average gear will do.)
    (0)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    the behemoth is way too easy to care gokku. honestly the difference with a pink mnk and a +2 mnk is one will take 5mn one will take 15. You have 30mn to kill. the only thing needed is magic reduction, wich can be bought off the AH. Victory smite does what? 5%? asuran fists will do half of that The NM will not "spam" any tp move like you say, because the tank is a MNK. If the last meteor kills you (1500dmg) not a pb, WHM will dia/holy/whatever. The King Behemoth is even weaker. Its the KS99 one w/o the final boosted meteor.
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's been a while that we know gokku is pretty bad at monk. TBH I think this fight was doable like this at 75 since magic damage taken doesn't decrease when you gain levels. I take 800 damage with cureskin and an half assed mdt, also on top of my head whm's barthunder prevented most of the stun and this guys doesn't hit hard. You just have to run in and out of range of meteor inbetween cureskin.

you'd recommend a either full pink or af3+1 monk without victory smite , and a whm in prob no more then 3 a tick auto refresh go and try to duo it?
    A naked WHM will do the job. Secondly give us a break with your full pink, it's not like getting AF3+1(2) is anywhere close to being semi-difficult and last I checked full AF3+2 is at best a 15%-20% damage increase over pink... So completely eyeballing asuran fists + pink is 60% of the damage of one normal MNK.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-18-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast