Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Quickdraw Magic Burst

All is in the title, being able to MB with QD.
    (2)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Player
    it depends... In abyssea now elemental based WS's are all the rage. and with COR AF3 +1/+2 Feet's ability to lower the monsters resistance to an element by an argued 10%-20% i probably wouldnt be firing both my QD's one to weaken it to the WS's element and another to Magic Burst...

Unless the Burst was something spectacular or had some really good aftereffects, like doubling potency of existing debuffs of the same element as the shot...
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    More than magic burst, it'd be nice if QD could proc yellow.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seha
    More than magic burst, it'd be nice if QD could proc yellow.
    Yes and no... the leader of my abyssea LS would dread it as me and 1 other person are the only COR's in the LS. When we go farming +2's or something else we need yellow proc for thats 1 more job he has to think about. that means if me and the other corsair are on that day, they lose their 100% guarantee on procing yellow (granted it would be a 1/9 chance that a COR shot would be the weakness but its better to be able to guarantee the yellow proc)

It gets worse the more you scale it down too. Example: now you need to drag a COR along to fight with PUG's for +1 seals if you want to proc yellow instead of being able to go with BLM/BRD, BLU/NIN, WHM/RDM, and MNK/WAR (a suggested setup). Now you NEED to throw a COR in there which possibly further divides the seals.

the plus side is. COR gets noticed.
    (1)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidus View Post
    Yes and no... the leader of my abyssea LS would dread it as me and 1 other person are the only COR's in the LS. When we go farming +2's or something else we need yellow proc for thats 1 more job he has to think about. that means if me and the other corsair are on that day, they lose their 100% guarantee on procing yellow (granted it would be a 1/9 chance that a COR shot would be the weakness but its better to be able to guarantee the yellow proc)
    Exactly. I would HATE having yet another job needed to guarantee procs.

The solution I thought of is... add QD to the SAME slot as BRD songs. If yellow !!! happens to be fire weakness, Fire Shot OR Ice Threnody would work. That solves two problems: (1) makes COR a little more useful, and (2) helps make job-specific procs a little less annoying. It's already a pain for small groups or groups without a huge job selection to have to deal with BRD and BLU. So adding COR to the song/QD list as a shared slot would make life easier for parties AND give COR a little more utility and reason to invite to Abyssea events.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    Exactly. I would HATE having yet another job needed to guarantee procs.

The solution I thought of is... add QD to the SAME slot as BRD songs. If yellow !!! happens to be fire weakness, Fire Shot OR Ice Threnody would work. That solves two problems: (1) makes COR a little more useful, and (2) helps make job-specific procs a little less annoying. It's already a pain for small groups or groups without a huge job selection to have to deal with BRD and BLU. So adding COR to the song/QD list as a shared slot would make life easier for parties AND give COR a little more utility and reason to invite to Abyssea events.
    I think this is the best idea out there. Having either a BRD or a COR is really how the game has always been and should be in Abyssea. There is no reason that BRD should have been on the yellow proc job list and COR off in all fairness. Especially since they didn't even put COR on the red proc list.
    (2)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Lojinxx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Would be neat if quick draws could MB, although with wildfire i find that the dmg of my shots has been moved to the back burner. wildfire is now my main priority and i always do a fireshot before i use it if it's up for 10% more dmg. also, I've noticed that quick draw(at least for me) has transformed from a move that i always wanted to do the most dmg possible, to an ability who's main purpose is tp gain. i moved from stacking MAB to stacking storeTP in my QD set wherever I could and it makes a huge difference.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidus View Post

It gets worse the more you scale it down too. Example: now you need to drag a COR along to fight with PUG's for +1 seals if you want to proc yellow instead of being able to go with BLM/BRD, BLU/NIN, WHM/RDM, and MNK/WAR (a suggested setup). Now you NEED to throw a COR in there which possibly further divides the seals.

the plus side is. COR gets noticed.
    I think that a very bad attitude about the game its like the old days of mages only for events and at best it will just get you items that you will never get use out of other then the 6 (7 if you count sub brd and with out that brd would never be seen at all) "Chosen" jobs. Look we are all in this game for fun but if most ppl think the way you do then you can delete about 14 jobs from this game.

QD would be fun to mb though skillchanges / mb just do not happen enough nor is there a big enough reward to pull them off. So i believe it would not effect the overall cor game.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    being able to mb and proc yellow would add a good point on getting a COR on many abyss NM parties
    (0)