Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Well, if you got 4 procs, then concidering the proc rate of Mandau is rported by you as being 5%, 5% of 4845 is 242. 4 hits in 242 is 1.65%.
    On the remaining 95% of swings (4603) you got 46 procs. Which is 1.00%.

The sample size is too small of course. But from the data you've reported it does show an increase in TH procs with higher damage strikes.

I never said SA and TA cause higher procs because of the increased damage, but that it could be a factor anyway (and could still be a factor on SA and TA. I know my SA set is stronger than my TA by a good margin, and I'm fairly certain I get more procs on SA than TA.)

From the small sample you've reported, plus anacdotal evidence from a Twatstar thief on BG I was talking to, plus the logic behind it being fairly reasonable, there seems good reason to follow the hypothesis and see if there is any real truth to it.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiyan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Just did a few Voidwatchs with no THF no Dipper Yuly and no Bounty shot and got a 2% TH bonus. I'm thinking this is from signet. Further support for the "sanction/signet/sigil = TH bonus" theory?
    What about Treasure Hound kupower effect? That's supposed to give TH+1 and gilfinder while under the effect of signet i hear.
    (0)
    It is always the Darkest, before the Dawn.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrike View Post
    What about Treasure Hound kupower effect? That's supposed to give TH+1 and gilfinder while under the effect of signet i hear.
    I don't know about Gilfinder, but it definitely gives TH+1. But that's kind of a low sample to compare with. FYI, I did all my tests so far without signet/sigil/sanction, and I'll keep doing them without.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kaiyan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    yeah, gilfinder in general doesn't seem to do much. Heh, i remember a time when a friend played on thf for so long, she swore TH only effected treasure chests. XD Had to remind her of the day's before those(which she did play before those)

But anyways, from what iv read... is it just me, or are TH3 and 4 worse than 2? ... then again, it could be because a different amount of mobs are killed each time, so it's messing with my understanding of this... lol
    (0)
    It is always the Darkest, before the Dawn.

Player
    yeah TH3 seems to be worse than TH2 (traits only). But it could just be that TH3 does something different entirely (don't think we have proved the TH3 being a simple TH+1). Or it could just be that there is a drop rate cap, in a sense that items over x% base drop rate doesn't get the extra roll TH3 would provide.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laphine; 08-14-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrike View Post

I thought about that after I posted and logged on to double check if treasure hound was in effect but the kupopowers had faded lol. Either way Treasure hound is only TH+1 and wouldn't account for the +2%.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I thought about that after I posted and logged on to double check if treasure hound was in effect but the kupopowers had faded lol. Either way Treasure hound is only TH+1 and wouldn't account for the +2%.
    What was the sample size for the +2%?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    yeah TH3 seems to be worse than TH2 (traits only). But it could just be that TH3 does something different entirely (don't think we have proved the TH3 being a simple TH+1). Or it could just be that there is a drop rate cap, in a sense that items over x% base drop rate doesn't get the extra roll TH3 would provide.
    I thought about the possibility of TH3 only kicking in on items with low drop rates and if that is the case it almost makes it even more worthless. We already know how worthless TH is in voidwatch meaning 99% of the THing done in the game happens in abyssea. With !!procs theres no way anything you would be targeting has lower than a 25% drop rate which is the same as colibri feathers. The 2nd emp item also easily has higher than a 25% drop rate meaning that in abyssea TH3 would actually be completely worthless.

I still lean towards it only being TH+1 due to the fact that it's included in proc levels. If it did something else entirely I don't think it would count towards your "TH effectiveness".
    (0)

Player
    Well TH1 and TH2 are both inside the proc levels, and they have no relation to the probable 1% drop rate boost, so no reason for TH3 (whatever it does) not to be inside as well. But yeah i agree the prospect is not looking good for us.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My guess is that TH2 no matter how obtained is gonna have the same effect as trait TH2. Would be easiest to test with a ???89/THF44 with the TH sash. Or say you have atma of dread and the TH belt. If I'm right even /thf could be dead inside abyssea or outside with treasure hound. I don't have the sash to test my theory though. AnywHay, what I'm getting at is that I think TH1/2 are always a reroll via proc, +1 gear, atma, or kupo power. If we can prove that then it's very very likely that the TH3 trait exists only as TH+1 and serves no other purpose. Just call it a hunch based on how much lazy programming we've been seeing recently.
    (0)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast