Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Yeah, mistake there. The overlap is pretty miniscule, though: 0.07%.
    Yeah, as I said, it's unlikely that those assumptions are wrong, even with that. Thinking about it, it's also quick and easy to implement, so it does seem like a real possibility.

Actually, the more I think about it the more it makes sense. The nominal drop rate on the hides is something like 1%. If the chance of an additional drop was also 1%, seeing a second drop in the pool would be almost unheard of, never mind 3 at once. Given that the chance of the first item to drop is already low, giving the second drop at least a 10% chance isn't going to dramatically change the overall drop rate, but will at least make it not completely impossible to get multiple drops of an item.
    I'm not quite sure what to think of that. On the one hand, it would make sense, because otherwise some items would be nearly impossible to get double dropped, and even less triple dropped (if this extends to the third slot as well). On the other hand, it makes me question SE's intentions. Why make an item double drop (or even triple drop) but give it such an abysmal droprate? It's not exactly the same thing (higher single-droprate versus lower double-droprate), I'm aware of that, but still, the one gives the player a chance to get more of it (making more drop), the other gives the player a chance to get less of it (making lower droprates), especially as in this hide-example. I'm not quite sure why SE would even go there. Also, that one single triple-drop somehow bothers me even more. Such a minimal drop rate, yet it can drop three of them, with even a lot worse drop rate? Not sure what to make of it... then again, confusing the shit out of their playerbase seems to be SE's favorite pastime.

That's both correct and confusingly wrong. TH increases the drop rate of the first item. The chance at a second item is based on the drop rate of the first item (with possible lower cap), therefore TH must inherently increase the drop rate of the second item as well. It's just not necessary to extract them as independent elements of the calculation, though you can use the drop rate of the second item to confirm the first.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by "not directly". This allows us to regard those events as seperate processes, and as such, test them independantly (assuming it's correct, and TH has no further effect on subsequent drops). I'm really curious to test this further, I think I'll go slaughter some Rams when I get the chance.

Got tons of them in Abyssea La Theine
    I didn't know these had the same drops as normal Rams. That's very useful intel, thanks.

Slot order:

dhalmel meat
    dhalmel meat
    giant femur
    dhalmel hair
    papaka grass
    dhalmel hide
    dhalmel hide
    dhalmel hide

Confirmed all combinations. Femur is after meat and before hair; hair is after femur and before grass; grass is after hair and before hide.
    Thanks for providing that info. I'll put up a TH-results masterfile with all clean results I can get my hands on, neatly formatted in an XML sheet. Will make it nice for automated processing, which is something I'm working on right now.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Japanese Community Team's TH testing needs more data... Not only that, they hacked the system to have TH9 & TH10 as MNK/WHM.
    (0)

Due to all the bleating from mnks about how they got nothing from this update, SE plan to release this TH10 gear for mnk in the next update.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Due to all the bleating from mnks about how they got nothing from this update, SE plan to release this TH10 gear for mnk in the next update.

But they will nerf their TP gains, and put all of their abilities on 1 timer right?
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    But they will nerf their TP gains, and put all of their abilities on 1 timer right?
    100 fists will be removed and MNKs new 2hr will be counterstance. Boost will be put on a 1 minute timer and all MNK WSs will suck without using boost.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Since doing Voidwatch and seeing that TH is split into 2 types, (chance of drops and quality of drops) It got me wondering whether the TH procs as they rise up alter different effects?
    It was proven long ago that TH1 and TH2 work in different ways, but what about the next 10+ levels? Does every odd proc add a % chance for treasure to drop, and every even proc increase the quality of the items to drop? Does TH1, 4, 7, 10 increase the chance of treasure dropping, TH2, 5, 8, 11 increase the chance of multiple items droppping, and TH3, 6, 9, 12 increase the quality of the itmes that do drop?

And finally the million dollar question: will we ever know?
    I doubt it.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    1) Voidwatch has nothing to do with TH. The only thing TH does in voidwatch is add additional lights across the entire spectrum if you fail to reach cap.
    2) TH1 and 2 have never been proven to do different things. The strongest theory is that they actually do the same exact thing.
    3) TH has been proven to not effect the quality of drops on multiple items that are 100% drops and share a slot.
    4) Have I been trolled? Maybe.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    2) TH1 and 2 have never been proven to do different things. The strongest theory is that they actually do the same exact thing.
    To clear it up a bit, the current generally believed theory is that both TH1 and TH2 add another chance (re-roll) at that item drop slot. I believe the mis-understanding about them doing different things is that they do seperate things, IE, it's not just adding a flat addative bonus like Attack Bonus or Accuracy Bonus traits.
    (0)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17