Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    All we want is a worthwhile weapon to gain... plz pass that on the the devs camate.
    Mythic weapon. Stop complaining and bust your butt to get one. (feel free, however, to keep complaining about how absurdly hard they are to get in the hopes that they nerf it a bit...)
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    However, if we simply get rid of the stat differences and make all elemental spells equal, there will be concerns that the advantageous aspects of each element will be lost.
    Seeing that such a change would cause the BLM to be more aware of what a monster's elemental resistances are (and use the appropriate spell), wouldn't it enhance the advantageous aspects of each element? It'd certainly make the relation each element has to one another mean more than just the picture shown in windurst to explain the relation of the elements.
    (2)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Mythic weapon. Stop complaining and bust your butt to get one. (feel free, however, to keep complaining about how absurdly hard they are to get in the hopes that they nerf it a bit...)
    Looking at that weapon....

I have to say.. this is definitely along the right tracks.

Future Blm weapons need to be along this theme. I wouldnt mind having the option for a DD staff.. but 2/3 of the high end weapons(relic, mythic, emp) are DD weapons. They need to be stat boosting like the mythic weapon is.

So change either the relic or the emp,
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No I won't stop complaining. In my opinion black mages shouldn't get the bad end of the relic/empyrean weapons just because we can't melee effectivly.

Plus Mythic weapon isn't the "end all" answer you think it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwizardzin View Post
    * The black mage mythic weapon (Laevateinn) becomes out done by magian staffs like Varuna's staff +2 (Ice affinty: Magic accuracy +1, Ice affinty: Magic Damage +5, Ice affinty: casting time -12%) in magic damage due to the stat "magic attack bouns" having less effect on damage the more of it you have...is this on purpose? If so why? and if not do you have plans to address this so that the weapon is more worth while to obtain?
    You see? Even on the mythic weapon we are lacking... these weapons need to be changed. :/
    (1)

Changed the op to reflect the questions the devs answered. More questions can be added/asked for.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you're gonna give BLM melee, you'll either need a "Tetra Staff" of sorts that enhances all magic, or a Job Trait that ups the added effect of elemental staves and stops TP loss from swapping to a weapon of the same type, or else 'Black Melee' should just be scrapped. I doubt any BLM in their right mind will stop their devastating spells to melee.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    stops TP loss from swapping to a weapon of the same type
    This would be a good idea, although a lil broken, and I can see melee jobs complain about it. There's no doubt that every decent blm will swap staves because nuking in just one staff is simply unfeasible considering the bonus you get from just the Lv.51 staves. It would also make Hvergelmir useful for BLM, in conjunction with Occult Acumen, which at the moment is a pretty useless trait for BLM to have just because of the way it's played.

With the new Darkness Elemental Magic. It's already been dat mined from the last update, and it doesn't look like Comet. It's good to see that we are getting more then just Comet/Meteor after Tier V nukes are added, although I fear Meteor might become another "gear specific" spell like Impact, and like Massacure Elegy was hinted to be.

And regarding Impact. Yes, the stats- is nice, but the damage-to-MP is way too over the top. At the moment, it is the only Darkness nuke that does instant, good damage and it does less damage for twice the MP then some T5 nukes.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

I don't know if anyone has asked this question, but has SE ever consider lowering the MP cost for outdated spells since BLMs are getting new spells that will require more MP.
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Blah blah blah
    Still waiting on the answer to my question, Camate.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There is definitely a trend of black mages using only the stronger elements; however, we are aware that this is a large issue for elemental magic adjustments.

However, if we simply get rid of the stat differences and make all elemental spells equal, there will be concerns that the advantageous aspects of each element will be lost. Also there would be a need to completely change the levels in which these spells are learned. We are currently looking into adjustments that will enhance the merits of each element and their usage by establishing differences through enhancing damage and other elements via power, MP cost, status bonuses, etc.
    I don't see how making each elemental spell equal would break anything in terms of enemy weakness and all that. If anything, it would allow all BLMs to choose an element they like, rather than all BLMs ever focusing on Thunder and Blizzard based spells. I think spell equality would put more of a variety from BLM to BLM. I've known quite a few who would've enjoyed BLM more if they could deal as much damage with Stone spells as they could Thunder.

Personally, I've always found it weird that Stone does less damage than Thunder on a monster who's neither weak nor strong to both elements.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast