Removing Enmity Cap.

I'm sure I'm not the only player that has issues with this, constantly having a Co-tank on me its irritating that we both hit Enmity Cap on a mob (something that should be front to back tanked) and have it spinning around on us.

Certain mobs have instant death gaze TP attacks and with a mob constantly spinning around because both players are at enmity cap it makes defeating such foes without risk of death ... a death trap ironically.

Even on my White Mage I have no problem hitting Hate cap with enmity -50 after a few dozen cures on some NMs that take longer to kill, even with Beguiling Collar when I eat hits, the additional enmity loss per hit does not warrent enough for me to be able to re-cure myself so I'm not in any danger of being killed during an AoE attack from wyrm/sandworm/mob w/ Ga spells when running in to cast barspell/auspice/shellra5/Esuna.

Fairly sure this would also remove some of the issues with Paladin and its problem of lack luster tanking currently in the game with abyssea, albeit players could still play other jobs and be just fine, those noble players that enjoy playing their favorite job would most likely be happy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 03-10-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Forgot about Paladin.

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Fairly sure this would also remove some of the issues with Paladin and its problem of lack luster tanking currently in the game with abyssea,
    Why? Enmity isn't paladin's problem

if a DD can deal more damage than a PLD, keep hate off the mages, and not die, why would it matter how much hate a PLD could get when one plain just isn't needed.
    (0)

Character
    Slantlinmer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    cause its a paladins job to take the hits, dd cant. a paladin should be able to reclaim hate priority faster than it takes someone the time to run around to the back of the paladin while getting whacked on by something that is more than likely going to kill them in 4-5 hits. they need a JA like provoke but has no enmity decay, gain or cap until the JA is used in succession. could be a 3 minute ability that lets them gradually build up hate to a point where only something like large spike damage would briefly take the attention off the paladin until they perform another action. something like this however would be effected by hate resets the same as anything else. one of the main reasons a paladin doesnt use cover, ever, is because it is essentially a useless JA.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    cause its a paladins job to take the hits, dd cant.
    Would help if there were hits that PLD could take and DDs could not in this game, but at this moment, there are not.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Even on my White Mage I have no problem hitting Hate cap with enmity -50 after a few dozen cures on some NMs that take longer to kill, even with Beguiling Collar when I eat hits, the additional enmity loss per hit does not warrent enough for me to be able to re-cure myself so I'm not in any danger of being killed during an AoE attack from wyrm/sandworm/mob w/ Ga spells when running in to cast barspell/auspice/shellra5/Esuna.
    Sound to me like you need better DDs, even constantly spamming Cure 5/6 you shouldn't be taking hate whatsoever bar mass hate reset or deaths. Don't see how you're hitting the hate cap on WHM.
    (0)

Massively increase the hate cure spells gives so a DD can't keep hate over a healer spamming cures or make damage given have a much lower cap on hate. No matter how much damage they do cure exceeds the hate they are building doing damage. With this give pld and nin a lot more abilities to build massive hate that far exceeds anything other jobs can do.

Any MMO with proper tanks that has made them useless to any decent DD and mage spamming cures is broken. Tanks should be kings of hate via ja/spells, it should be almost impossible to pull hate off a good well geared pld. It's sad how easily a DD can rip hate off a tank in FFXI, tanks are redundant now.

Hate should be tank > mages > dd, if the mob kills the tank it should go right for the mages and ignore the DD till last. There's your fix for difficulty.
    (0)