Thread: Dread Spikes II

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Dread Spikes II

Dread Spikes II - Drains 150% of damage taken, lasting 60 secs with no damage cap. casting time 1.5 seconds (that half the casting time of dread spikes I) recast 5 minutes mp cost 140mp.

ex: for example if the mob hits you for 50 damage, dread spikes II drains 75 hit points

I don't see any reason why we cant have this, ninjas have Utsusemi Ichi/Ni, we should have a second tier of dread spikes. Dread spikes as it exist right now is pathetic, it has a long casting time, it can be resisted, has a damage cap, it doesn't work on the undead, and it has a 3 minute recast time. Allowing drk's to have a 2nd tier of dread spikes would help balance out the job's survivability issues. Again there should be no reason why SE cant add this to our repertoire in the dimensions I discussed above
    (1)

Character
    Ezekial
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    so pretty much you're asking for 60 seconds of invulnerability every 5 minutes against anything not resistant to dark element?

Best thing they could do to dread spikes is to make it last a lot longer and have a fast cast time.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    agreed, the only thing that dread spikes needs is a longer duration to justify the awful casting time/mp cost.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    so pretty much you're asking for 60 seconds of invulnerability every 5 minutes against anything not resistant to dark element?

Best thing they could do to dread spikes is to make it last a lot longer and have a fast cast time.

Did you read my post, no one said anything about 60 seconds of invulnerability and dread spikes II will NOT give you that. It deos not protect against magic attacks of any kind and it does not protect against weaponskill damage of any kind, it only protects against regular physical attacks just like dread spikes I. I wish you would read and understand my post before you offer your criticism.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 08-10-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I could go for anything of the sort.
    (1)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Did you read my post, no one said anything about 60 seconds of invulnerability and dread spikes II will NOT give you that. It deos not protect against magic attacks of any kind and it does not protect against weaponskill damage of any kind, it only protects against regular physical attacks just like dread spikes I. I wish you would read and understand my post before you offer your criticism.
    Paladin's Invincible doesn't really make them invincible either.

With no damage cap though mobs that use hundred fists would just kill themselves on your spikes. If we were gonna get a 2nd Dreadspikes it would have to have a damage cap. And really all they really need to do is fix our current dreadspikes, increase duration, lower mp cost and recast.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toukai View Post

With no damage cap though mobs that use hundred fists would just kill themselves on your spikes. If we were gonna get a 2nd Dreadspikes it would have to have a damage cap. And really all they really need to do is fix our current dreadspikes, increase duration, lower mp cost and recast.
    Is this really a bad thing though?

Paladin's invincible is pretty standard vs all mobs, they hit the Paladin and Paladin ignores the damage.

Dark Knights Spikes are basically the same thing, but are completely useless against undead, and lets face it, there is a lot of undead in this game. Why not give us 1 mob that we can just completely destroy with our Spikes. Such as a mob doing hundred fists and kill themselves by attacking us.

Dark Knights entire thing is based upon either you die or I die but one of us is going to die real soon. I think it'd be a great idea.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toukai View Post

Ok and so what that's the benefits of having the spikes, paladins dont get touched with hardly anything will there invincibility (not to mention almost every spell pld has is useful), a mob cant touch ninja at all unless its a aga magic spell, and dont let me get started on what dnc has. That what the spikes are suppose to do, protect against physical damage of regular hits. Your example of hundred hand fist is extremely situational, but guess what if the mob does a regular ws your dead, or if he cast fire 5 again you dead, and what if the spikes are resisted now you are taking damage. I think this is more than fair for all the thing the gave other jobs and the restrictions they placed on dread spikes
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    What is this i dont even..
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    god save us all if SE listens to you people. drk will never get properly fixed
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast