Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Anyone complain yet about melee SMN out-damaging the avatar?
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    You know, this thread was doing fine without you Dallas.
    (4)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Papesse View Post
    Thunderspark has a 6' radius centered on Ramuh. You can indeed hit 2 targets separated by a distance of 12' if you can move Ramuh between them.
    Shiva's Sleepga, Nightmare (despite his animation), Slowga and Lunar Roar : 6' radius centered on the target.
    Tidal Roar and Diamand Storm : 10' radius centered on the target.
    Astral Flow Blood Pacts : 10' radius centered on the avatar.

The range of our Sleepga is nearly two times smaller than the normal Sleepga. We already need to call Shiva and give the order to BP which takes more time than casting a normal Sleepga but the radius is so mediocre that we can't rely on it at all.
    Same thing about Slowga, it's a good BP because, from my results it's a 30% Slow independent of the target's MND but the range is just awful.
    Thanks for the AOE information. I did some testing today along with my good friend Pixel, and found out that Ultimate Terror behaves the same way as Thunderspark. And although it has the same aoe range, the range to the targeted mob is shorter than Thunderspark's.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    You posted this? I'm shocked.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Added the issue where Lunar Roar produces no log text for removed status effects.
    (0)

Character
    Hikura
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    At 75 our gear selection was attrocious, unless you had a busy shell that did events, but we've been getting a by far increased amount of easily accessible gear that benefits a SMN.

If you're refering to melee gear:

No offense, but of course it's limited we're mages. We're in the exact same boat as all the other backliners looking to melee, no better no worse. Count yourself lucky there are any melee armors for mages at all, and make do with whats available.
    there are often times where a smn is considered melee and not just a back line job so some extra melee gear would be nice. though melee gear would probably take away from perp- gear or BP recast- gear that you might have, so it will probably be a lose lose situation anyway...
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikura View Post
    there are often times where a smn is considered melee and not just a back line job so some extra melee gear would be nice. though melee gear would probably take away from perp- gear or BP recast- gear that you might have, so it will probably be a lose lose situation anyway...
    We're not considered a melee, any more than BLM, SCH, or BRD are. All the backliners can be geared for melee, not to the level of a real melee but there is gear there if you want it. I do /sigh everytime I see us get a haste or acc piece, and get left off a pet: PDT -%, acc etc. piece.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

At 75 our gear selection was attrocious, unless you had a busy shell that did events, but we've been getting a by far increased amount of easily accessible gear that benefits a SMN.

If you're refering to melee gear:

No offense, but of course it's limited we're mages. We're in the exact same boat as all the other backliners looking to melee, no better no worse. Count yourself lucky there are any melee armors for mages at all, and make do with whats available.
    Mainly referring to our armors always being too situational. We have no armors with -perp -BP timer -enmity +skill +MP +hMP +avatar stat +random job specific boost. The job has 12 slots, and I carry 60 armors. If we just got decent hybrid armors with all important stats, we'd probably do fine with about 20 armors. 30 armors, if you need melee stats also.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Mainly referring to our armors always being too situational. We have no armors with -perp -BP timer -enmity +skill +MP +hMP +avatar stat +random job specific boost. The job has 12 slots, and I carry 60 armors. If we just got decent hybrid armors with all important stats, we'd probably do fine with about 20 armors. 30 armors, if you need melee stats also.
    Oh I get ya. Hybrid armors would be nice and convienent, but I can't see them implementing much in the way of it. FFXI is built on a mountain of situational gear..... and tears. As a SMN in the body slot, I feel that I need/make use of a refresh/idle piece, -perp piece, BP-delay, Physical BP, Magical BP, Siphon and a Ward piece, plus a Cure pot% & +hMP body, granted there is some overlap here. But all in all I carry 5 bodies, which I had to work to get. So SE would most likely feel they need to balance the difficulty of getting a piece that fills more than 2 of these roles against how hard it is to obtain those other pieces. Which in the end may not make it worth the effort.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    if you're going to speak against him, you should have just gone all the way..

how about this instead? lol

Add Dallas to the list.
    ..on a completely different note..
    whilst we are on the topic of gear selection..

Can anyone harbor a guess as to what value a stat like this brings to SMN?
    "Light Elemental Magic Accuracy+10"

because it really appears to be pointless.. kinda like.. Cure magic accuracy on allies.
    if you need Light Elemental nukes.. you're still better off using Carby
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast