Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Which monster does this happen? Or does this happen to all monsters? Because this similar situation has happened to me once before, and that was Climatic Hornet after Frenzy Pollen.
    Frenzy Pollen comes with current target hate reset on Chasmic Hornet, so if hate was on avatar before it was used, then you'd get main hate, which would explain auto-attack kicking in.
    (0)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Papesse View Post
    You can add those :

Diabolos loses all his TP with any Blood Pact used (even Ward) when his only TP based BP is Night Terror.
    Even Camisado? The TP loss thing is kinda to be expected for many of his BPS cos they are magic based and deal damage.
    Somnolence and Nether Blast for eg. The other wards tho, would be the ones in question.

also sorry for 3 post spam
    (0)

Character
    Papesse
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes, even Camisado.
    (0)

I've had the constant re-defend issue with carby pulling myself, but I don't do it so often that I can actually claim what the issue was. One can just say that I pulled, I believe, an undead dog in KRT, and later ended up unable to recall my carby because he stopped listening.

In addition, it happened once, but I'd like to believe I pulled dogs more than once that night. But it was a long time ago so it could be that level 75 SMNs just can't pull undead dogs in KRT.

As for general Summoner issues:

- Assaulting a spirit sets their timer to max recast.
    - Retreating a spirit sets their timer to half max recast.
    - A spirit can be interrupted by as weak attacks as a 35 crit punch.
    - A spirit will re-apply shock, burn etc. even if the monster has it already, because it has -stats that shrink with time.
    - Ifrit's 75 BP is the only BP that is elemental based and does LESS damage if the mob isn't taking double damage from fire.
    - Ramuh's Stun moves takes as long as the longest TP move from a monster, so they can never be used to stun TP moves. (Also includes Titan)
    - Wards in general do not scale with level. (a very few do)
    - Blood Pact timer down has a cap far worse than haste cap, which makes no sense for balance
    - Our armor selection is among the worst out of all classes.

And that will do for tonight.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can add those :

Diabolos loses all his TP with any Blood Pact used (even Ward) when his only TP based BP is Night Terror.

Shiva's Sleepga should overwrite tier-1 sleep and have his range extended (along with Slowga, Nightmare, Thunderspark, Lunar Roar...)

"Spirit damage" (aka Atonement, Chi Blast, Spirits Within, Nether Blast and especially Zantetsuken) shouldn't be nerfed that much on news NMs.
    The range on the aoe bloodpacts is the same as ~ga spell range. I don't think that's an issue at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I've had the constant re-defend issue with carby pulling myself, but I don't do it so often that I can actually claim what the issue was. One can just say that I pulled, I believe, an undead dog in KRT, and later ended up unable to recall my carby because he stopped listening.

In addition, it happened once, but I'd like to believe I pulled dogs more than once that night. But it was a long time ago so it could be that level 75 SMNs just can't pull undead dogs in KRT.

As for general Summoner issues:

- Assaulting a spirit sets their timer to max recast.
    - Retreating a spirit sets their timer to half max recast.
    - A spirit can be interrupted by as weak attacks as a 35 crit punch.
    - A spirit will re-apply shock, burn etc. even if the monster has it already, because it has -stats that shrink with time.
    - Ifrit's 75 BP is the only BP that is elemental based and does LESS damage if the mob isn't taking double damage from fire.
    - Ramuh's Stun moves takes as long as the longest TP move from a monster, so they can never be used to stun TP moves. (Also includes Titan)
    - Blood Pact timer down has a cap far worse than haste cap, which makes no sense for balance

And that will do for tonight.
    I thought one of the strikes in Flaming Crush was a fire elemental attack. This can be seen by noting the TP gained from the BP. The BP never gives more than 2 hits worth of TP. That reminds me of another issue, avatars get full TP from every single hit of a multihit BP. This had been rectified for players years ago, but was never applied to avatars.

Regarding the stun BPs, I don't think it's an issue for a couple of reasons. Every BP has the same activation delay; I've accepted that delay as the norm... although maybe it's an issue. The second reason would be that the stun duration is much longer than a typical stun spell. Sometimes that can make up for the lack of speed in the stun.

Could you provide more information on how you determined that retreat set the cooldown timer to half of the maximum time? I always thought it reset it to the maximum recast time; but I could be wrong, and I'm willing to test this to be sure.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rakshaka; 08-10-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: fixed note about flaming crush and TP; it gains 2 hits worth of TP maximum per BP

Character
    Papesse
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    The range on the aoe bloodpacts is the same as ~ga spell range. I don't think that's an issue at this point.
    Sadly no, only Tidal Roar, Diamand Storm and Astral Flow Blood Pacts have the same range as -ga spells.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Spirits do seem to suffer some sort of abject terror at the possiblity of shock etc. wearing off, it can get pretty hilarious sometimes

I've never noticed Ifrit being weaker than the other 4 Avatars that trail behind Garuda with him, I'd say they all need a damage tweak so we can start picking an Avatar for DD based on perference.

Blood Pacts all have this delay, it's what enables us to macro in both BP delay - and gear that enhances the actual Pact, I find myself able to stun enough mob TP moves to find this noot an issue(duo'ed Teekesselchen with a SMN friend and we pretty much managed to stun all the -agas)

This is one of the more painful facts of SMN lol, heres hoping for an update soon.

This is the single biggest handicap to SMN agree 100% with you here, this needs a big fix(hopefully the new abilty is this fix)

At 75 our gear selection was attrocious, unless you had a busy shell that did events, but we've been getting a by far increased amount of easily accessible gear that benefits a SMN.

If you're refering to melee gear:

No offense, but of course it's limited we're mages. We're in the exact same boat as all the other backliners looking to melee, no better no worse. Count yourself lucky there are any melee armors for mages at all, and make do with whats available.
    (1)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sadly no, only Tidal Roar, Diamand Storm and Astral Flow Blood Pacts have the same range as -ga spells.
    I just tested thunderspark, and it has the same aoe radius as a ~ga spell. I'll test the other aoe pacts in the next couple of days.
    (0)

Character
    Papesse
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thunderspark has a 6' radius centered on Ramuh. You can indeed hit 2 targets separated by a distance of 12' if you can move Ramuh between them.
    Shiva's Sleepga, Nightmare (despite his animation), Slowga and Lunar Roar : 6' radius centered on the target.
    Tidal Roar and Diamand Storm : 10' radius centered on the target.
    Astral Flow Blood Pacts : 10' radius centered on the avatar.

The range of our Sleepga is nearly two times smaller than the normal Sleepga. We already need to call Shiva and give the order to BP which takes more time than casting a normal Sleepga but the radius is so mediocre that we can't rely on it at all.
    Same thing about Slowga, it's a good BP because, from my results it's a 30% Slow independent of the target's MND but the range is just awful.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast