Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This was info i had saw a couple of my leads in my old shell say. and since we got all 3 procs on just about everything i fought i didnt discern my misinformation until later. I actually talked with myrrh shortly after that SS was taken and told him that i found out i was wrong, but there is no SS of that lol. But i digress, not the point of this forum.
    (0)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBass View Post
    Pre update my merits were 5/5 Store TP and 5/5 Meditate recast. They were key aspects of the job. Group two i had 5/5 Overwhelm, 3/5 Shikikoyo, 1/5 Blade Bash and 1/5 Ikishoten. I hardly ever used shikikoyo or blade bash. and i felt since i miss sometimes, why not throw a merit in ikishoten.

My merits now(post update) are 5/5 Store Store tp and 5/5 Zanshin Attack rate. Group two is 5/5 Overwhelm and 4-5/5 Ikishoten because i have to put a merit into blade bash before Voidwatch. The change in my merits is because with 5/5 Zanshin attack rate (+5% added to zanshin attack rate) along with Native Zanshin attack rate (45%) Katana Grip, Ace's Mufflers, Unkai Sugemino, Unkai Mimikazari, and Unkai Domaru +2, i have 73-74% Zanshin attack rate. Since Zanshin activates while Hasso is active, It REEEEEEEEALLY shows. I get 110 tp in two attack rounds a lot.

Kinda on the right page, but Hasso Zanshin is 1/4 of your zanshin rate, so 74% Zanshin is an 18% (SE likes to round down) chance of a hasso zanshin proc. Merits on SAM right now are very up in the air. You can 6hit a Masamune with 0 merits in STP and stack zanshin/DA gear. Which is probably best for high haste situations. The definites are 4/5+ Iki and 5/5 Overwelm. If you always ride your Med timer then Med merits are nice. (most people don't in my experience) If 5/5 Zanshin gains you 2% more Hasso Zanshin procs its pretty damn potent but thats not always the case.

For any SAM my advice is to cap Haste (26 visible) then fine tune your Xhit then focus on HassoZanshin/DA.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This is great advice. But as far as a haste build its not so cut and dry. my setup has me at a 22% haste and 5 hit build. i can get to a 25% hit build, but id lose my 6 hit and two good pieces of zanshin gear. I cant say for sure if the 25% 6 hit build with less zanshin on hasso procs is better than 22% 5 hit build with more zanshin procs. both are definately good though.
    (0)

Player
    Its possible to 5 hit 24% haste but you lose out on being able to stack zanshin gear, well save for swaping pole for rose to counter ace mitts either way losing out on 1.xx% haste to knock it down to a 5 hit for masa in my opinion is better, the point is to ws as often as possible and sc when ever with whoever ne? least thats how i see sam.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Agree with ya 100%^^
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    Its possible to 5 hit 24% haste but you lose out on being able to stack zanshin gear, well save for swaping pole for rose to counter ace mitts either way losing out on 1.xx% haste to knock it down to a 5 hit for masa in my opinion is better, the point is to ws as often as possible and sc when ever with whoever ne? least thats how i see sam.

Depends on your buffs. With marches you are better off capping haste and 6hitting then 5hitting at 24%. Since its possible to cap haste and 5hit with masa there isn't an excuse not to.

I'll run some numbers later at various haste levels.

Edit ran the numbers:

With just Hasso or Hasso+Haste 5hit

Masa/Rose//Whitetath
    AF3/af3/af3/brutal
    af3/dusk+1/raja/hoard
    atheling/bullwhip/af3/aces

Was winning with a 5hit

With Hasso+Haste+Marches

Masa/sword//threw
    zelus/justice/af3/brutal
    af3/dusk+1/raja/mars
    atheling/bullwhip/af3/aces

Was winning with a 6hit

All were extremely close.
    (1)
    Last edited by Taint2; 08-18-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    i tend to favor relying on my gear as im usually not in a caped haste situation.

bit unsure on how the game rounds delay/haste but lets take a look.

Hasso w/unkai pants hasso bonus:

5-hit: 23.4 seconds to 100%
    6-hit: 26.8

Add haste spell:

5-hit: 17.9
    6-hit: 20.4

+ 2x marches

5-hit: 10
    6-hit: 11.3

i used an assumed 7.3 second delay per swing for a 5 hit with march (capped values) your at 72.5% haste possibly a little less due to how bonk gear% and true haste is in any case only way i can think of to get any more haste at this point is haste samba which I've rarely found myself in a situation where i have all the planets align like that, so assuming i am dead on or slightly over 24% haste with all magic buffs on i still got a 6-hit build by 1.3 seconds assumed.

one more time no rounding:

5-hit: 10.014583
    6-hit: 11.236

edited to reflect 424 delay due to sword strap 6 hit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 08-22-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    i tend to favor relying on my gear as im usually not in a caped haste situation.

bit unsure on how the game rounds delay/haste but lets take a look.

Hasso w/unkai pants hasso bonus:

5-hit: 23.4 seconds to 100%
    6-hit: 27.6

Add haste spell:

5-hit: 17.9
    6-hit: 21

+ 2x marches

5-hit: 10
    6-hit: 11.6

i used an assumed 7.3 second delay per swing for a 5 hit with march (capped values) your at 72.5% haste possibly a little less due to how bonk gear% and true haste is in any case only way i can think of to get any more haste at this point is haste samba which I've rarely found myself in a situation where i have all the planets align like that, so assuming i am dead on or slightly over 24% haste with all magic buffs on i still got a 6-hit build by 1.6 seconds assumed.

one more time no rounding:

5-hit: 10.014583
    6-hit: 11.5805

6hit uses a sword strap, with more att/acc and you are forgetting the 120 second WS delay which favors 6hit over 5hit. Masamune has solid white damage also DA and Zanshin procs all favor the 6hit.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I have 0/5 overwhelm. But I'm sure you can figure why if you read when I have merited.
    Absolutely, but I doubt "I have no idea what I'm doing with this job and don't realize there are probably a half dozen jobs out there actually designed to do whatever inscrutable thing it is I'm trying to accomplish with SAM" is what you mean.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Player
    hmm if i did the math right (3% from sword strap = 424 rounded up delay base tp 10.8 gain), assuming ws'n in brutal and raja's you only need +17 stp to achieve 6 hit, and would only require 3 ikishoten merits to achieve 5 hit hassanshin.

in anycase please go easy on me for asking but what do you mean 120 second delay and solid white dammage?

Edit: will amend my last post to reflect the sword strap, late now sleepy time /sigh
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 08-21-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast