Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    there is some merit in ws'n in over TP as it adds to y/g/k and fudo FTP mod's and it'd be hard to make a comparitive quantification for hassashin vs meditate, in the realm of mission fights and boss type battles though i find lower meditate recast to be more valuable, that is to say from a utility stand point.

as far as hassanshin goes i personally stand to gain over 48 extra per strike with full ikishoten merits, 43 @ 4/5, but a 1.??% increase to that would likely be negligible, much like double attack and crit rate zanshin rate + is going to have diminished returns.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It really comes down to personal choice. No right or wrong way to go when it comes to meriting zanshin attack rate or meditate recast. So far im more pleased with my change in merits since i get tp so fast anyway that i hardly use meditate. and when i do, the extra 30 seconds is not an issue because ill have tp again anyway or i've built 300 tp before a boss fight and the 30 second wait for the 2nd meditate also isn't anything detrimental.
    (0)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Mind blown.
    (2)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    Mind blown.
    My sentiments exactly.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    zanshin rate merit is very low for hassanshin (5/5 merit is 1.25%)
    for merit i went 4/5 overwhelm/ikishoten 1/5 BB/shiki (5th overwhelm is only2%, imo this lost is <the occasional use of the 2ja)
    Unless your job is SATA whoring, not doing 5/5 Overwhelm is sort of silly. Nearly every piece of gear with >=2%WSDMG is the best piece of gear for that slot unless trying to cap dDEX (Not relevant for SAM).

In which case, if you are an SATA whore, Meditate recast is better anyway for Group1
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBass View Post
    It really comes down to personal choice. No right or wrong way to go when it comes to meriting zanshin attack rate or meditate recast.
    This is true enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBass View Post
    So far im more pleased with my change in merits since i get tp so fast anyway that i hardly use meditate. and when i do, the extra 30 seconds is not an issue because ill have tp again anyway or i've built 300 tp before a boss fight and the 30 second wait for the 2nd meditate also isn't anything detrimental.
    This, however, is not very good reasoning. The decision should be based on whether or not you're engaging monsters a large enough percentage of the time for 1.25% extra attacks to out-perform 30 seconds off of meditate.

Other factors could include how often you have Hasso up and the typical amount of Haste you can expect, but time spent engaged on Samurai is the big determinant for most folks.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That wasn't my reasoning, my reasoning was since i hardly use meditate, im not using it back to back to where the 30 seconds id save matters. For me it was a waste of merits since i could put it into something more useful for me. Im always using hasso, and even when im using seigan i get a nice boost in counters. Its halfway like perfect counter for me with my all the zanshin gear i have.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    This was when procs were figured out so herpderp:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1042/herpaderpr.png

But nah dawg your opinion is valid.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Lol of course its valid. Its a statement of personal preference to meriting a job i've been playing for years. That would be funny to bring up if we were discussing the specifics of voidwatch. I'm certainly not the person to talk to about all the specifics of it. But people are sometimes mistaken about new content. So yes...herpderp...
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Except you were talking about using Blue!! to proc KI's in Abyssea at a point in time that the proc system was discovered, known, and utilized by the masses.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast