Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    If you don't tell how you got it since you could role with a pick up group. LSes are no longer need to make progress in the game. Yes pick up group can suck, but you know what sucks worest then a bad pick up a bad LS. Retarded rules and a group thats barely better then a pick up. I find LSes like this are the ones with these rules. Still doesn't mean anything how wouldd they find out without you telling them if they make it were it doesn't SHOW in the log. Once rewards get better with VWNM poeple will pug them more. Has your LS ask how you got any of your +2 items, AF3 feet made a big deal out of how you got it? If so you need to dictched right now.
    Well they will never find out if you never wear it ever. Not once for even a second. Not even in your moghouse. Will never find out then. But if the contents from voidwatch could be added to pool, then things are bidden on. If a body armor drops in your chest and you have to add it to the pool so it can be bid upon, but instead you take it, and wear it, you're eventually gonna have to lie about how you got it. Then eventually it will be found out. Now its all fine well and good if you got it in a pick up run. But if you obtain your items through sneaky means through the ls, there lies the problem. But this is all beside the point of this thread now.
    (1)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Character
    Asanarama
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Ah but it *is* smart. A variable ratio reward schedule is the most addictive form of operant conditioning.
    Excellent point. I’m disappointed in myself that I never thought of it. I only took Psych 101, but I found it interesting and remember quite a bit.

I can understand that they want an activity where rewards don’t go to the treasure pool. Out of curiosity, are there any other events where players directly receive items like this? Off the top of my head, I’m only remembering events that reward some type of points directly to players, not actual items. I think a point system for VWNMs would be a good idea. The points don’t have to be static. I think they should be like melee attacks. Your point reward would be random within a certain range, and there’d be a chance to crit and get double points or whatever the psycho-mathematicians come up with. Procs and treasure hunter could influence the minimum and maximum points and the chance of crit points. There could be different points for each VNM or each nation/path. Whatever works. I think they’ll have to change something, because it’s just too disheartening when some people get things they can’t use or already have while others are still waiting for something they want, and that certainly has a psychological impact on people. A point system would eliminate that problem, and it would allow them to make items difficult to get without going overboard on that variable ratio reward schedule.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Very true. Also, WoE has indivudual chests and a treasure pool chest, just that the "Top 5" people get their own chests.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Asanarama View Post
    Excellent point. I’m disappointed in myself that I never thought of it. I only took Psych 101, but I found it interesting and remember quite a bit.
    Coming up with ways to keep you playing well past the point where you should have become bored and moved on is a huge field in the video game industry. And most of the methods they employ range from unscrupulous to downright evil.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461...-addicted.html

This is written as a comedy article but everything presented in it is absolutely true.
    (1)

Character
    Kiimara
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Coming up with ways to keep you playing well past the point where you should have become bored and moved on is a huge field in the video game industry. And most of the methods they employ range from unscrupulous to downright evil.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461...-addicted.html

This is written as a comedy article but everything presented in it is absolutely true.
    This is a very very interesting read. Make me think of a lot of the things that SE does that got me hooked so long ago XD.
    (0)

Sig by Kingfury!
    (jobs in order) SMN90, BST90, WHM90, BLM90, DNC90, THF 90

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBass View Post
    Well they will never find out if you never wear it ever. Not once for even a second. Not even in your moghouse. Will never find out then. But if the contents from voidwatch could be added to pool, then things are bidden on. If a body armor drops in your chest and you have to add it to the pool so it can be bid upon, but instead you take it, and wear it, you're eventually gonna have to lie about how you got it. Then eventually it will be found out. Now its all fine well and good if you got it in a pick up run. But if you obtain your items through sneaky means through the ls, there lies the problem. But this is all beside the point of this thread now.
    You still have not said how they would know how you got it, since you had not responded to make it were you choose what you want to add to the pool. The LS as you know it is dead long dead. So as a event can be pug or people are willing to pug I.E not even needing a LS a LS can't do anything to piss off its members. If a player can't find any better of a LS then one like that then its more of a problem with said player then the reward system. They have no way of knowing how you got it. Your LS has no sway over you anymore they are not the only show in town.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    ]You still have not said how they would know how you got it, since you had not responded to make it were you choose what you want to add to the pool.
    I did, but ill explain it further.

1.If you get it in a ls run, take it out of your chest, but lie about it, and you are seen with it in a later point in time, Its eventually gonna be found out you lied about getting it in one particular ls run.

2.If you wear anything for longer than like 30 seconds-1 minute, its updated automatically in FFXIAH.com. If someone in your ls sees it, they could mention something, and then the lie is exposed that way.

But that situation could only happen if we had the option to add items to the pool. If you could add items to the pool, i feel it would only be fair if a body you wanted and could wear immediately was in your chest, it should go to you unopposed. But if you are a bard and you get a Radiant F. Mail but you want it for your 35 soon to be 90 war, and you could put it into the pool for bidding for those who can wear it immediately, but instead you lie and say "I got crap" and take it out your chest, That's being sneaky. Because When your war gets of level, and you wear it, and others see it, well you are a smart individual i think you get my point.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBass View Post
    I did, but ill explain it further.

1.If you get it in a ls run, take it out of your chest, but lie about it, and you are seen with it in a later point in time, Its eventually gonna be found out you lied about getting it in one particular ls run.

2.If you wear anything for longer than like 30 seconds-1 minute, its updated automatically in FFXIAH.com. If someone in your ls sees it, they could mention something, and then the lie is exposed that way.

But that situation could only happen if we had the option to add items to the pool. If you could add items to the pool, i feel it would only be fair if a body you wanted and could wear immediately was in your chest, it should go to you unopposed. But if you are a bard and you get a Radiant F. Mail but you want it for your 35 soon to be 90 war, and you could put it into the pool for bidding for those who can wear it immediately, but instead you lie and say "I got crap" and take it out your chest, That's being sneaky. Because When your war gets of level, and you wear it, and others see it, well you are a smart individual i think you get my point.
    How would they know if it DOESN'T say it in the log. If your 35 war and you take it up latter how would they know you got it on that run or a pug run. There is no way for them to know. No way for them to find out. As so as items are added worth dealing with this event is added pugs will be comeing out the wood work, they are already out there now.

Yes they could do that but do you remember every date of a run. Does it say when it was droped to you or when you first put it on. Franky I refuse to go near that site after the for virus that my anit-virus blocked.

Edit - went and poke around on a non-FFXI pc. Only way they would know s if you linked your char on the linkshell site to the FFAH profile. So again no way to know if you one of the many people that refuse to us eeither site.Still gets no were as it would be up to you the player to decide to offer the items to the rest of the group. Nothing these LSes have over the avg player anymore thats what your failing to see.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ravenmore; 08-12-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's very infuriating seeing these pieces go to people who can't use them, or even worse, to mules.
    Perhaps part of the game balance is not encouraging people to dual box a character so they don't have to share loot with as many people.

That it is even viable to play a rapidly leveled character remotely as efficiently as someone who is maining the job while you are maining something else shows a problem.

Watching your dual boxed mule get all the loot you want because you can't bother to include someone else is a bit of dev justice in a way, as it punishes the behavior.

Perhaps the system is broken with players having to watch friends who never will use the gear get the drops they want you to get, but this is a positive side effect, given that this game is an MMO, not a play with little people as possible so you can have a monopoly on leet gear massively online game.

-

The other thing that this drop system punishes are point systems that screw over anyone who isn't the LS leader or a good friend of the LS leader.

It is going to be hard enough to "fix" the system to let people get the gear they want without going back to something that SE was obviously trying to avoid, short of a system involving getting some sort of IOU for varying pieces of gear that are still exclusive. Hopefully SE can accomplish its goals while still pleasing the reasonable parts of its playerbase.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And I'm going to apologize here for the double post, but this one is a gem:

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiChi View Post
    Blindly assume much? I'll have you know almost each and every one of us in our 32 man LS has an empyrean weapon, something we're very proud of.
    Congrats. But the majority of endgame LS do not work like that unfortunately. The ones that do already have 32 players in them.

Most of us actually like the exclusive chests, honestly just a simple fix of not being able to see gear you already own in said chests would make it all that much less insulting for those of us who are participating in VW on a regular basis.
    This would certainly be one way to do it, but your next suggestion is exactly why I chose to repeat you:

A great way to fix this would be to run a check to see if anyone in your alliance already has whichever item is meant to drop, let's say a Fazheluo R. Mail, then move it to someone else's chest, similar to how things will not drop from mobs if a rare item exists in each party member's inventory. It would work fine even with a low drop rate, because at some point through process of elimination everyone can get a body.
    This alone would be terrible, as it would go back to a EGLS point system, which while it might work for your Linkshell, it does not for many people who have to watch as the leader gets everything and they get nothing. People are scared from ELGS BS.

But the way you worded it (it sounds so eloquent somehow) made me think about a suitable solution.

For Rare/Exclusive items, if you already own one, you are able to move it to someone else's chest, perhaps at the cost of a small amount of cruor, or perhaps to a treasure pool for lotting. This way the drop system still fits the role it seems designed for, but has less waste and still works for an LS trying to gear up members to fit certain roles. It also discourages players from just dropping the gear if they can't equip it right away.
    (0)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast