Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    assault point system is the answer.
    let us collect point which are used to buy those r/e item.
    even doing 20-30 fight for an item is fine as long i can choose the item i really want.
    (13)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Mordanthos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Going for the gear is all fine and dandy, but even those chest pieces are complete garbage anyways. Nothing in Voidwatch can replace Aby gear yet at phase 1, so why are you even worried about the drops to begin with. Nothing in it is game breaking in any way. I do it because i like how fricken hard it is, and i find myself getting the gear randomly when im least expecting it.
    (0)

Character
    Arylias
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordanthos View Post
    Going for the gear is all fine and dandy, but even those chest pieces are complete garbage anyways. Nothing in Voidwatch can replace Aby gear yet at phase 1, so why are you even worried about the drops to begin with. Nothing in it is game breaking in any way. I do it because i like how fricken hard it is, and i find myself getting the gear randomly when im least expecting it.
    Oh yeah, let's address this problem later when it becomes a problem, instead of now before it does. Makes total sense.
    (13)

Character
    Brehn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    So +3% crit hit rate for the DD party or an extra 5 MAB bonus for mage party is garbage then amirite? Sure its a minimal (and i stress minimal) sacrifice but the benefits the rest of the party gets is well worth it.
    (7)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    bard harp want to have a private chat with you :P
    (5)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It is all side grade at best. Even the bard hard is just for people without g horn.

And yes +3% Crit rate for the rest of your party is crap... if it included you, then it would be decent.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    assault point system is the answer.
    let us collect point which are used to buy those r/e item.
    even doing 20-30 fight for an item is fine as long i can choose the item i really want.
    Bold, underline and blow this up to 48pt font because this guy is absolutely correct.

If each path had points awarded when you defeat a mob in addition to the standard box drops, you'd have a much more rewarding and unified system.

Right now, the mobs have an underwhelming amount of loot in the same vein as the VNM system which was a disaster. It's fine for the T1s to drop "garbage" but stuff like Krabimanjaro dropping only 2 pieces of loot? Cmon.

Buff the lootpools.
    (7)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

I still think the ONLY worthwhile system is:

Choose your augment

So basically the more you fight, the more armors you get with the stats you want. It is a win-win-win system. Not surprisingly the system does not exist in FFXI.
    (3)

I realize the dev's have already responded to this idea of altering the way things are dropped (by saying no and refusing a loot pool system Thread Here), but I strongly think this has to be looked into again. Not necessarily the existence of a loot pool, but the spoils themselves.

"Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation. "

Problems I see:

1. Gold beastcoins and such are all well and good, but they aren't very special. Lackluster 'compensation'.
    2. The same item falling to the same player is ludicrous. I have received 5+ Ganesha's Masks for example.
    3. Proc'ing and not procing doesn't seem to make a difference sometimes. This was mentioned above.
    4. Having seals drop here is silly. If this new content was meant to be a side to Abyssea, why is it so exclusively linked? The difficulty of getting seals and voidwatch are not compatible. If you want seals, go to Abyssea.

Pro's:

1. Cruor teleports to get to the site of the battles.
    2. New monster moves are fun and challenging sometimes.

Anyone want one of my Ganesha's? Oh wait...
    (9)
    Last edited by Manque; 08-09-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    I realize the dev's have already responded to this idea of altering the way things are dropped (by saying no and refusing a loot pool system Thread Here), but I strongly think this has to be looked into again. Not necessarily the existence of a loot pool, but the spoils themselves.

"Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation. "

Problems I see:

1. Gold beastcoins and such are all well and good, but they aren't very special. Lackluster 'compensation'.
    2. The same item falling to the same player is ludicrous. I have received 5+ Ganesha's Masks for example.
    3. Proc'ing and not procing doesn't seem to make a difference sometimes. This was mentioned above.
    4. Having seals drop here is silly. If this new content was meant to be a side to Abyssea, why is it so exclusively linked? The difficulty of getting seals and voidwatch are not compatible. If you want seals, go to Abyssea.

Pro's:

1. Cruor teleports to get to the site of the battles.
    2. New monster moves are fun and challenging sometimes.

Anyone want one of my Ganesha's? Oh wait...

This x100

My WHM mule has 3/3 drops from hahava (mask,mala,harness) and ring from voidwrought.
    We've had one person get 2 Mala's now.

There need to allow treasure to be pooled if the individual desires.
    (5)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast