Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: WoTG - Campaign

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So it looks like, since trading the items required to do SCNMs raises each of the 8 main statistics of a given country, and the longest respawn of any given NM seems to be 4-6 hours, these could be done 4 times a day by every country. It also looks like there are exactly enough freelancers for each country to have 6, meaning if a full party of 6 people were to work on influencing those NPCs, each would need to 'nurse' 3. furthermore the focus on OPS and battles could shift to only those not immediately covered by trading the 8 items.

that would be:
    search and seizure
    vanguard-X
    steel resolve
    slaughterhouse
    brave dawn
    cut and cauterize
    crimson domino

because these raise specific things the items don't (I assume? has anyone tested or messed around with what the items exactly raise the bars by?) and also these ops specifically hurt the enemy. I believe in this method even a group of 6 (total, not per nation) could each devote 2 people and start to make gains as early as next week. If I'm right. Also, has anyone pinned down the exact numerical difference between stars of the ops or the country-statistics? as in, if you do an OP, about how many OPs of a given star does it take to raise the country up over-all? I suppose if the devs aren't going to change it, we'll just have to play by their rules. When I have a little bit of time, I'll take a look at all the units of each of the countries and beastmen and try to figure out a ratio of which NPCs tend to go where (besides the ones restricted to zones) and also which 6 Freelances each country would be best off getting, and also which zones shouldn't need too much defending. Since the beastmen forces each has 2 units that can go to the northlands, the only way to get something like that for fiat lux would be a bottom-up approach.

hope I'm contributing to the conversation still!
    P.S.: it would be awesome if we could translate this for the JP forum!
    (1)

Character
    Ironic
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well done SE ignoring this thread since multiple years
    dont let my friend reactivate his Account because extended Maintenance i guess....
    if SE wants us to quit just say it but i dont care about FFXIV which fails already !
    (1)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
    So it looks like, since trading the items required to do SCNMs raises each of the 8 main statistics of a given country, and the longest respawn of any given NM seems to be 4-6 hours, these could be done 4 times a day by every country. It also looks like there are exactly enough freelancers for each country to have 6, meaning if a full party of 6 people were to work on influencing those NPCs, each would need to 'nurse' 3. furthermore the focus on OPS and battles could shift to only those not immediately covered by trading the 8 items.

that would be:
    search and seizure
    vanguard-X
    steel resolve
    slaughterhouse
    brave dawn
    cut and cauterize
    crimson domino

because these raise specific things the items don't (I assume? has anyone tested or messed around with what the items exactly raise the bars by?) and also these ops specifically hurt the enemy. I believe in this method even a group of 6 (total, not per nation) could each devote 2 people and start to make gains as early as next week. If I'm right. Also, has anyone pinned down the exact numerical difference between stars of the ops or the country-statistics? as in, if you do an OP, about how many OPs of a given star does it take to raise the country up over-all? I suppose if the devs aren't going to change it, we'll just have to play by their rules. When I have a little bit of time, I'll take a look at all the units of each of the countries and beastmen and try to figure out a ratio of which NPCs tend to go where (besides the ones restricted to zones) and also which 6 Freelances each country would be best off getting, and also which zones shouldn't need too much defending. Since the beastmen forces each has 2 units that can go to the northlands, the only way to get something like that for fiat lux would be a bottom-up approach.

hope I'm contributing to the conversation still!
    P.S.: it would be awesome if we could translate this for the JP forum!
    sorry for being afk for a while i was just upset and had to much work last week....

Search and seizure - lowers beastmen supply and increasing supply from your nation
    Steel Resolve - Increases the max fortification points in the region where you ar doing this
    Slaughterhouse - Decreases the fortification points from the enemy region where you ar doing this
    Brave Dawn - Increases the lvl of your Nation units
    Cut and Cauterize - Increases the Woundpatchers spells the gain Haste + Blink + Stoneskin
    Crimson Domino and Vanguard - Increases Fortification / Resources in the region where you ar doing this

i have to take a look but i guess you missed the one OP for increases the max resources its a OP where you have a time limit and ride with a chocobo to any region of your choice from your nation if you ar success the max resources number increases

i'm not 100% sure about it but i guess the rules ar so
    Tier I - increases the number or decreases it by 1
    Tier II - increases the number or decreases it by 2
    Tier III - increases the number or decreases it by 3

there ar 2 important OPs too

Granite Rose which decreases the influence of beastmens in there own regions
    and there is one offensive OP to lower there influence if the ar going to attack "OUR" regions so a win wont get them a lot influence and you can defense it better!

( i would and could do much more if SE allows me to do more OPs.... )
    (0)

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    yeah but using the items gained from doing SCNMs you wouldn't need to risk doing OPS that could fail and hurt your nation, you could just stick to the ones that give something the items don't. It's a better usage of resources... but only if we knew how much the items increased stuff. Like for example if you gave a Shakudo Letterbox, it should increase supplies. But by how much? If you did all of them over the course of a week, the only reason you should have for doing OPS would be to increase things that you can't increase through SCNM items. that was the reason I wrote the list in the post above. ^^ I hope that makes more sense.

edit: I see what you're saying though; ops to make it harder to lose territories or easier to gain enemy territories or increase maximums. I guess I just figured that by doing SCNMs the beastmen would always lose 1 rank, and so doing 3 of them a week you wouldn't really need to worry about making it easier to gain territories or harder to lose your own. I figured the maximums would go up naturally as you maxed out stars on the various other fields. It's worth looking into, though.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rubeus; 09-06-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
    yeah but using the items gained from doing SCNMs you wouldn't need to risk doing OPS that could fail and hurt your nation, you could just stick to the ones that give something the items don't. It's a better usage of resources... but only if we knew how much the items increased stuff. Like for example if you gave a Shakudo Letterbox, it should increase supplies. But by how much? If you did all of them over the course of a week, the only reason you should have for doing OPS would be to increase things that you can't increase through SCNM items. that was the reason I wrote the list in the post above. ^^ I hope that makes more sense.

edit: I see what you're saying though; ops to make it harder to lose territories or easier to gain enemy territories or increase maximums. I guess I just figured that by doing SCNMs the beastmen would always lose 1 rank, and so doing 3 of them a week you wouldn't really need to worry about making it easier to gain territories or harder to lose your own. I figured the maximums would go up naturally as you maxed out stars on the various other fields. It's worth looking into, though.
    ah sorry forgot to write stuff about the Box part
    5 boxes from Prod or Skill increases the nation stats by 1
    same goes for Supply & Resources too
    never testesd the Recon box for the info lvl because there ar always 100 mule doing the easy OP

but here is something which i dont get my people had over 30 boxes for funding we were trading them at the same time guess what happend?

NOTHING !

didn got a single star !

so doing boxes for Morale/Pros/Skill/Prod/Resources/Supply is fine Funding looks like wasting!

keep in mind if your nation has 10 stars to prod and skill you dont need the boxes anymore you could spend them to the other Nations like Sandy or Windy if you feel like it but make sure the wont lose all Regions because thats how the Allied Nations going to lose all Stats if you have only the City for defending

i hope i could help you again if there is something left still just ask i'm glad to help out
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    There's something fishy going on with Bismarck, then, because the Windurstian troops seem to hold their own like a tiny swarm of locusts.

I messed around with a bit of Campaign last week, and most of the eastern continent was under Windurstian control. In those battles, the NPCs didn't seem to have any problems dealing damage or maintaining survivability. In the time it'd take for me to slowly chip away at a single mob, they had no problem with the rest.

Understandably, the Kindred zones are pretty dismal. Bastok and San d'Oria are virtually unrepresented on the map, but Windurst seemed to be doing fine.

What gives?
    I know I'm late to the party here, but the obvious explanation is Roundel Earring from Plucking Feathers. That and Rose Grip are basically the only things out of Campaign worth having, so every so often a few unusually dedicated people make a push over a few weeks to get to Oztroja and farm it for earrings.
    (2)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I know I'm late to the party here, but the obvious explanation is Roundel Earring from Plucking Feathers. That and Rose Grip are basically the only things out of Campaign worth having, so every so often a few unusually dedicated people make a push over a few weeks to get to Oztroja and farm it for earrings.
    sandy had some nice stuff too i guess it was a mantle and few rewards from Quests which was nice at the gobbiebag upgrade time only bastok had all the crap thats why the nation was the first one which got down
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The 2nd Legion Scout's

Magic
    T3 - Spells
    Cure IV
    Shell III
    Protect IV
    Regen
    Aspir
    Drain

Weapon Skills
    Penta Thrust
    Vorpal Thrust

The 1st Legion Reiter

Magic
    Protect IV
    Shell III
    Cure IV - 371 HP
    Haste
    Regen
    En-Spells
    Aquaveil
    Stoneskin
    Blink

Weapon Skill

note not completed yet gonna edit later
    (0)
    Last edited by Kriegsgott; 09-09-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18