Thread: WoTG - Campaign

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    I just got my Oat h2h yesterday stay prepared i'm back to Campaign soon keep your Medal high should my other members get the Medal of Altana i promise you Leviathen will see Fiat Lux again !
    I hope so, I really wanna try some solo's, I know nin & dnc can and no doubt blu can, and with delve weapons...it'll be too easy... x_X even if most of the stuff is pretty much trophy gear it'd still be a fun challenge.
    (2)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    I hope so, I really wanna try some solo's, I know nin & dnc can and no doubt blu can, and with delve weapons...it'll be too easy... x_X even if most of the stuff is pretty much trophy gear it'd still be a fun challenge.
    i'm going to check Medals tonight in my LS and gonna set a date !
    just a side note its not a must but joining Bastok nation would speed up claiming zones make sure people know about me and my Goal so everyone can get a Nocturn set or Nightfall as a Trophy /cheer
    (1)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    I'd like to offer an opposing view point to the suggestion that Campaign be bumped up to appeal to higher levels.

High levels now have Reives. They're in high-level areas against high-level mobs that yield rewards useful to high-level players.

Campaign, right now, is most useful for mid-level players. The mobs start getting whackable at around Level 60, and the gear that can be purchased with Allied Notes is of reasonable use primarily between Level 40 and Level 70. The EXP is no comparison to Abyssea or many Grounds of Valor alliances, but it accumulates at a reasonable clip, it doesn't screw over mage jobs, and in many cases, it's a lot of fun.

If Square-Enix wants to revive interest in Campaign, I really hope they maintain the mid-level appeal. There's no gear on the AH from Level 30 to Level 70, and being able to pick up a quick piece using Allied Notes is a welcome option, given that many AF stats are outdated (or never made sense to begin with). Campaign is also a valuable training tool, introducing newer players to large-scale battles and outmatched mobs that they'll encounter later on in other events. It's something to do that isn't killing Crawlers.

Bumping Campaign up to be a high-level event continues to encourage the "just grind to 99 and then we'll talk" mentality of the community. For what? A few sidegrade armor pieces from Fiat Lux and an EXP ring that doesn't work in Abyssea or Grounds of Valor parties? High-level players already have their own currency-yielding, big battle events. Don't take that away from the mid-level players.
    (4)

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    /ja "Chi Bump" <t>
    (2)

Please enact these changes, been waiting forever for a campaign fix. Please also make Walk of Echoes low-mannable as well.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    Campaign, right now, is most useful for mid-level players. .
    Campaign, right now, is almost always empty.

When I campaign warp on this server I am generally expecting to be soloing the battle these days, sometimes theres one or two people there but its usually empty.
    Also most low level people want to skill-up while they XP so they avoid Campaign altogether because of the skillup-lock.
    And yes as you say 'high lvl players have rieves' but rieves are incredibly dull and awful. And campaign is fun, its just stuck in 2008.
    My suggestion of higher level mobs/rewards could still be applied, while retaining the low-level mobs/rewards for low level players. SE could make each map have two seperate battle-areas, one battlearea/tower have new high level mobs, and one tower retain the lvl75~ player mobs we were fighting every day in 2008~. With the two battleareas at opposite sides of the map, and you can only get Tags for the high-level battlearea if you are high enough level, so you don't get Ko'd by going to the wrong area by mistake. Both battles could start at the same time.
    If you really like Campaign, then you don't want to see it empty and die out. That means bringing new players over from Seekers, lured by new gear and mobs that are challenging to battle with.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 08-22-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Campaign, right now, is almost always empty.

When I campaign warp on this server I am generally expecting to be soloing the battle these days, sometimes theres one or two people there but its usually empty.
    Campaign is still completely functional with a low number of people, thanks to the NPCs. Heck, the NPCs almost do too much of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Also most low level people want to skill-up while they XP so they avoid Campaign altogether because of the skillup-lock.
    Considering half of the occupants of most Gusgen and Nest alliances I've partied with are above Level 60, I don't think that's true. Most people seem to want to grind to 99 and then take care of their skill-ups when they can equip lots of accuracy/haste gear, eat skill-up food, and equip Regen atmas.

If they can figure out some way to make it work for both level groups, that's absolutely cool, but raising the bar across the board and leaving the mid-level players behind is just unnecessary.
    (2)

Player
    I think this game has too many areas and not enough players to direct everyone to different parts of the game. I mean if you only have say 100 people on the server total, are you going to kill off the current main point of interest such as SoA and direct half the players (If not the entire playerbase) back to Campaign only to make SoA empty?

In my opinion, SE should add areas related to the new Ilvl gear later after SoA to give everyone options to go back to old content areas. Implementing on top of the old content with higher level mobs and new maps.

Although rather than add only 1 or 2 areas to explore, they would have to add several parts at the same time to avoid directing a massive amount of people from 1 area to another. So people will continue to have SoA as the main point of interest.

I know so many people wish older players to go back and help others but its not easy to ask a level 99 to go back and play level 60-70 content.

One of the ideas I suggested in my Event Suggestion topic is to add some sort of point system that will give incentives to players who don't need anything from previous content by sacrificing all rewards for points.

So if you are a level 99 who has all items from sky, limbus, Ein etc and have no reason to play these areas, having a Flag option you can turn on to gain points than rewards kind of the same concept as EXP/Merits would work if SE allowed people to exchange those points for helping others into items related to the level of that player.

As for rewards I can't say what would be good according to balance but I know login campaign is a good example of how point systems work.

Even if the incentive was not items, something like Auras, Glows etc would be good.

But I also keep in my mind that when SE does not adjust old events to bring back interest, its probably due to keeping certain interest goin on with the newer content.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    Campaign is still completely functional with a low number of people, thanks to the NPCs. Heck, the NPCs almost do too much of the work.
    I HAVE TO ASK! with NPCs ar you talking about the Beastmenforce which ar double to triple stronger as our Useless NPCs on the Battlefield right ?
    (4)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    I HAVE TO ASK! Which NPCs are you talking about the Beastmen force which are double to triple stronger than our Useless NPCs on the Battlefield right ?
    Yeah I know right? lol Leaving the battle to the Allied forces NPC's is the reason you look at the map and see the beastmen with 15 zones and sandy, windy, bastok with 1 each. The allied forces suck, without adventures they'd lose the war easily.
    (4)

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast