Thread: Discreet Louise

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Discreet Louise

This is the most peculiar jug pet of the new additions.

In some ways its clearly the weakest. Louise hits weaker than Yuly (just a bit) has only slightly more hp than Fargann, and probably the slowest attacks.

On the other Hand, Discreet Louise can cap out crit hit rate around 35%~40% without atma. Louise also has the most tp/hit and the most ready commands. Resistant to dark and water.

I'm very interested in other bst's thoughts and findings regarding louise. Louise could be a Warrior type like most of our jug pets. Louise has the 8% damage boost to critical hits just like most the newer jugs. However the crit hit rate does not match fencer. it is much higher.

What are my fellow beastmaster's thoughts on Louise's usefullness? Specifically when do you think Louise would be most useful? (I really don't think its useful to say how louise's attack and hp are poorer than other jugs and therefore not useful)

The Darkness resistance is very good for powerful darkness based magic tanking.
    Louise has ready moves that include alot of status effects:

Poison
    Paralyze
    blind
    silence
    disease

I can't imagine how disease would be useful though. Does it mean we can unengage a mob and it will not recover hp?
    Any thoughts? I think Louise is one of the most interesting of the new jugs.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Louise represents the current strongest melee plant. so u would use it mainly in any situation where u wanted to capitalize on the correlation chart. I.E. A beast type monster or NM.

It would also be a consideration for a NM that was heavy handed with dark type atks.

I would probably use Fatso Fargann against any non-aquan water attack NMs. he shares the 50% water resist but he also has a 25% resistance to blunt dmg and has some more useful TP moves in my opinion.

And on the disease thing its possible that it might be plague wich is a higher form of disease wich poisons TP and MP. But u would need to do some tests to confirm it.
    (0)

I wish I could tell you about my experience with Louise, unfortunately I have yet to even SEE a beech log, let alone a jug for sale.
    (0)

Character
    Stefiki
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 90
    I've used Louise once and that was against the fish like NM HrossHvalur. I wasn't able to get his status tp moves to stick on that NM. He held up the best against Waterja obviously but thats about the best i could say for him. I think he is a good example of why a variety of pets is essential for BST strategy. In certain scenarios he may prevail over Nazuna and Clyvonne and live longer, but other times we wouldn't really call him out to tank most mobs, as a DD he seems about average. I try to keep as many different types of Jugs with me as my satchel will hold. ^^
    (0)
    MMFWCL

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Don't use it since I make 40 stacks of sheep at a time.
    (0)

Character
    Kyawind
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    ^ we have a winner here

same over here i made 72 stacks of sheep a few days before this whole shut down on servers for the tsunami quake thing...
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Bleh, Sheep's too slow DMG wise.
    (0)