Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Rate my style of future play plz

As of right now my WHM is level 12. I am going /DNC right now just meleeing things to death. But I'm thinking if I get a party invite I might go /BRD. I know its probably not the best but it seems fun and could have some benefits.

What I'm thinking is(for lvl 15-30/40) with /BRD I can have a different playstyle as a healer/buffer. I think I should mention I will have auto refresh from FoV for help with the low MP.

With WHM/BRD I could give +atk, +def, or +acc(at 22) while in battle and use peon when ooc or multi ppl are losing HP.

along with that I would prob be casting cure 1's and regen to keep ppl up.

Now my reason for doing this is because I get super bored being a cure bot and is hoping that by doing it this way I wont want to wipe the party for fun just because im bored out of my mind.

I would like to know what my fellow WHMs think of this idea and if you have any suggestions please feel free.

I should note that I know as /BRD you can only use one song at a time.
    Also if you have any suggetions on must have gear/food please say so.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I personally wouldn't do /brd but if it's something that you find works for you, and you know your limitations, more power to you I'd still say stay to normal whm gear tho, cure pot gear first, then mnd, then mp (reverse the last two if u r galka or elvaan). You'll want some cheap mp while healing gear too. As /brd, I'm not sure if it would benefit you to invest in chr+ gear or w/e it is that brds use.

As for food, I'd go with Roast Mushrooms/Witch Kabobs...they give everything a whm needs, including a little mp while healing, only downside is that you'll take a slight hit to str. On the other hand, if you're hell bent on meleeing or soloing, use something cheap and generic like Meat Mithkabobs.

Hope this helps you get started
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thanks for the help. I will try it out. I hope it works because cure, cure, regen, cure, cure, pulls out gun, cure, cure, shoots self in head, cure... oh wait...

basicly sums it up.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All in all, there's really no decent subjobs for whitemage at low levels, nothing that particularly helps define the job anyways.

If you're /brd'ing and meleeing, the only trouble you'll face will be mandragoras (because of their love for aoe sleep) ontop of the usual problem of keeping your MP up.

Personally, I'd /dnc till ~10, /mage to 20, then /sch the rest of the time. (/rdm and /blm depending on the situation)
    (0)

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    no no no no no... im meleeing right now because im soloing and im doing it as /dnc. im saying for when I get into partys at 15+... if im in a pt theres no way that im gonna go melee shit cuz I know ill get one or two shotted.
    (0)

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    /brd really isn't that useful, but if it works for you then keep going. I would personally stick with /dnc and drain samba.

You should be able to solo up to at least 30 fairly easilly. Just keep targeting easy prety monsters. I recently took a monk up fom 1-30 and it went suprisingly fast. It will go slower with whm, but not so bad that it still won't be quick.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinnrb View Post
    As of right now my WHM is level 12. I am going /DNC right now just meleeing things to death. But I'm thinking if I get a party invite I might go /BRD. I know its probably not the best but it seems fun and could have some benefits.
    Low level parties (under level ~20) Rarely matter when it comes to sub job choice lol, so /BRD might work. At that level you can get some decent songs, But they'd be pretty weak due to your low skill. Minuet 1 is like.. 10 attack or something? i think lower...

What I'm thinking is(for lvl 15-30/40) with /BRD I can have a different playstyle as a healer/buffer. I think I should mention I will have auto refresh from FoV for help with the low MP.
    I don't know, I don't think it would be negative, but you'd be missing 10% MP reduction and Fast cast from Light arts once you hit level 20 (from /SCH). So you have to weigh that!

With WHM/BRD I could give +atk, +def, or +acc(at 22) while in battle and use peon when ooc or multi ppl are losing HP.
    as a Support job, Your songs will be very weak, as well as only being able to keep up 1 at a time, But it would benefit you a bit. its more of a matter of it will outweigh the bonuses of 10%MP reduction/casting time from Light arts.

also Peon at low levels is also quite.. weak, Like ~2hp regen or something, almost negligible. But still a benefit.

along with that I would prob be casting cure 1's and regen to keep ppl up.
    This is always a good idea anyway! Problem is once you hit dunes level sometimes Cure II/III may be needed if you have a meh Tank.

Low levels is not fun lol... But its a lot quicker now due to double exp!

Now my reason for doing this is because I get super bored being a cure bot and is hoping that by doing it this way I wont want to wipe the party for fun just because im bored out of my mind.
    If you get super bored as a cure bot you might wanna stop leveling WHM now :\ thats generally all it is. I'm not trying to discourage you but your playstyle from Exp to 90 rarely changes... Pro/shell every 30 minutes, random Barspells occasionally, Haste if you dont have a RDM, and cure your brains out.

I would like to know what my fellow WHMs think of this idea and if you have any suggestions please feel free.
    All above :P

I should note that I know as /BRD you can only use one song at a time.
    Also if you have any suggetions on must have gear/food please say so.
    Food I'd suggest as WHM Rolanberry Pies i think, MP+50! Theres also a slew of MP foods, basically as a WHM you want either MP+ foods or hMP Foods.

Gear is not to difficult to imagine... MND+/MP+/Cure potency+ all really help early on, later on you'll look into "Refresh" gear, but still mainly focus on MP/MND for Cures, MND for Light-Debuffs, and a slew of other sets dependent on the spell, but thats a long way to go.
    (1)

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    thanks for the info. I think im either going to go /rdm /blm and at 20-50 /sch. I dont mind healing its just in the past ive tried lvling whm and I got it to like 10(on a diff character). I only want whm for teles and to help heal on blu or rdm.(blu is my main)
    (0)

I remember in the old days of 2xNIN parties, regen on each of them was all that was required, and sometimes even not that. My healing magic ended up being lower than my divine magic.
    (0)