Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Avengers
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

Asides from Verethragna, whats the best Magian weapon?

I use Monk and Pup the most at level 90 (monk is my DD and Pup is my fun solo job), I want to get a h2h weapon to use for both, however I don't have the time to invest into getting a full Aby weapon.

Recently, been trying to get coins of advancement for Revenant Fists, but sadly no one ever really does WoE on Quiz and my shouts are getting me no where.

Asides from those, which of the other H2H trials would be best for MNK/PUP?

I was thinking either Double attack +10 or the Strength +9 Attack +20, but just want some input from other people here.

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Shiia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I use the STR and ATK one. It is a bit rough on the mobs you need to kill but it was well worth it. (By rough I mean you have to kill wamoura and bombs 200 and 250 if I recall correctly)
    (0)

not magian but the hth off the pony of doom MIGHT be passable?
    (0)

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    If you're doing a Magian, then the two options are the Revenant Fists +2 or the fire path for the Taipain Cesti +2 (STR Path: 82>83>84>85>86>87>1146>1147>1914>2312). The multi-attacks are not longer great anymore and the other paths just do not provide great bonuses like STR and Attack.

Another option is the Taurine Cesti from Indrik. They're virtually equal to the Taipan +2 fire path with a lot less effort. MNK only though. So in that case, the Fire path would be the better for both jobs.

Furor Cesti are interchangeable for MNK/PUP and are not bad. Not great either though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Qkan; 08-04-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Character
    Avengers
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I already tossed the Furor Cesti aside, Im currently using Savante Fists with Dmg +3 Crit Rate +3, Figured that was pretty decent till I get something better
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I honestly suggest the T. Cesti (they drop off indrik) don't have to bother with magain weapons and they are VERY good h2h. shy of the verth it self, i think the ehances boost effect is pretty significant, topped off with subtle blow and str+6.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I honestly suggest the T. Cesti (they drop off indrik) don't have to bother with magain weapons and they are VERY good h2h. shy of the verth it self, i think the ehances boost effect is pretty significant, topped off with subtle blow and str+6.
    Stop preaching this, Taurine will be beaten by 95 Fire taipan fangs as Fire taipan vs. Taurine is margin-able right now.
    (1)

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    While true, there may as well be another Taurine Cesti +1 that will drop off of Indrik +1 and will be just as good. Besides we don't even know if there will be a 95 Taipain Fangs +3 just yet. High probability, but doesn't make it a guarantee. I'd also suggest trying to keep at it for the Revenant Fists, though I'm sure you are.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkan View Post
    While true, there may as well be another Taurine Cesti +1 that will drop off of Indrik +1 and will be just as good. Besides we don't even know if there will be a 95 Taipain Fangs +3 just yet. High probability, but doesn't make it a guarantee.
    I would still do trial weapons instead of waiting for the next Rare/ex drop from NMs or an AH-able weapon, once you get it done your done simple as that you may even get Kindred seals and Beastmen seals along the way, its a bonus to many mnks out there without black belt including me.
    (0)

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    I understand that, but what I'm talking about is your usage of absolutes. That the Taurine Cesti will be beaten by the Taipan fire path at 95. We don't know what Square-Enix's plans are for the Magian weapons at 95. They may not increase them. The increases may be extremely marginal. We don't know yet.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast