Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That and why get a weapon hoping it will be better in the future, when you can get a weapon you KNOW is better NOW.
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkan View Post
    I understand that, but what I'm talking about is your usage of absolutes. That the Taurine Cesti will be beaten by the Taipan fire path at 95. We don't know what Square-Enix's plans are for the Magian weapons at 95. They may not increase them. The increases may be extremely marginal. We don't know yet.
    While I agree we can't know for sure what is in store for magian weapons, you must admit it's VERY likely that the existing magian weapons will get additional trials and better stats as the level cap goes up. Since Fire Taipan+2 and Taurine are very close now (similar on DoT, Taipans win easily for WS, but the Subtle Blow on Taurine provides some utility) it would be shocking if the Taipans don't pull solidly ahead with an additional trial or two. I sincerely doubt it would be a bad use of time for a player with MNK and PUP to do the fire path weapon if they aren't up to taking on the harder task of making Rev Fists/Vereth.

Then again, who knows, maybe we'll get some surprise like the lv89 JSE weapons also getting a +1/+2 version from trials.

Another thing I'd keep an eye on are the WS path magian weapons. The WS DMG+ ones might get better (or maybe lead to another weapon granting Victory Smite), maybe the Store TP ones will eventually give Regain or something. Might be that even considering non-Empyrian trial weapons, the Fire elemental ones will lose their place as the best of the rest.
    (0)

Player
    Taurine are better inside abyssea with high attack. Anything with higher defense, Fire Taipan Fangs will pull ahead. The two are very close anyway, but will be outdated once the next update comes around and Taipan get moved to 95.

Also, the talk of magian trials stopping at 90 are pretty funny seeing how they mentioned adding new trials with the level cap increase on the timeline. Even if the upgrade to Taipan are "extremely marginal", it will push them ahead of Taurine.
    (0)

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    I understand they said they're going to do it, but SE has said a lot of things that they have not done. Chances are high they will, but I never trust it until I see it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2