Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95

Creed Cuirass +2 (Body, head) vs. Twilight Mail set

Hey guys, I'm new to PLD, have all +2 gear except for the body (which is +1 atm),I'm really at a crossroads deciding between the 2. I'm very aware of the stats and was considering using twilight as a mac piece only for my Almace (career BLU), cures, chivalry, etc. But the extra refresh, regen, auto-RR, stat mods, etc. really has me thinking it could be more, any thoughts or suggestions?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Depends what you wanna use it for. For damage mitigation, use the Creed pieces, body is nice to TP in as well. Can use the head too if you're blood tanking, depending on your setup. For CdC use the Twilight set, same as for idling, because it gives Refresh and looks pimpin'. Also nice for a death macro.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Lowen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Armet is next to worthless. Any haste head is better for TP. Cuirass is better than Twilight for TP.

Both Twilight pieces are macro only. The only time they should be visible is when you're disengaged and running around (or low MP while engaged for the Mail), or when you're dead and in the process of reraising thanks to the set bonus.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Cool that's what I was looking for, I wasn't sure if the +25 VIT was helpful on damage mitigation or losing the +10 emnity from Creed Cuirass was worth losing.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    VIT is surprisingly useless for damage mitigation (as is Defense), the mitigated damage from Enmity on the Creed Cuirass +2 would be a lot more valuable than both Twilight pieces combined. An exception would be Rampart, which mitigates damage based on the VIT at the time you use it, which means they're a good macro piece for Rampart too (if you don't have Hero's Galea and Koenig/Kaiser Cuirass).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    VIT is surprisingly useless for damage mitigation (as is Defense), the mitigated damage from Enmity on the Creed Cuirass +2 would be a lot more valuable than both Twilight pieces combined. An exception would be Rampart, which mitigates damage based on the VIT at the time you use it, which means they're a good macro piece for Rampart too (if you don't have Hero's Galea and Koenig/Kaiser Cuirass).
    Umm I don't totally agree. Defense is useless ur right but when I swapped from a +40 def atma to a +50 vit atma mandys that hit me for ~3-7 DMg hit me for 0 bout 95% of the time. Only doing DMg on crits
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    I'm very aware of the stats and was considering using twilight as a mac piece only for my Almace (career BLU), cures, chivalry, etc.
    I'm a little confused by this statement. BLU can't wear Twilight mail/Helm.

Edit: OH, I think maybe I get this now. By "mac piece" you meant Macro? I interpreted it as Magic acc. Which reinforced the BLU oddity. I now assume you were just explaining that you have Almace while new to PLD because of BLU.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    (0)
    Last edited by Martel; 09-17-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anucris View Post
    Umm I don't totally agree. Defense is useless ur right but when I swapped from a +40 def atma to a +50 vit atma mandys that hit me for ~3-7 DMg hit me for 0 bout 95% of the time. Only doing DMg on crits
    VIT is next to worthless on anything of value... EXP mobs are horrible for testing heck on EXP mobs the difference between Counterstance DEF and normal DEF can be noticed because the mob's attack is low enough for it to make a difference.
    (0)

Player
    Didn't SE supposedly fix vit, or make it do more than it used to? Of course, they probably just made it semi relevant compared to completely useless but still.
    (0)

They made it affect Critical Hit Damage%, if I recall correctly. Nothing too spectacular or game breaking, really. It's like the AGI/Subtle Blow update. Nice, but not really a big enough deal for people to care and gear for it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast