Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Xbox 360 Random Freezes

It is currently, and has been known since the release of the Xbox 360 version, a well known glitch that Xbox 360 players will have their system freeze whenever they are in heavily populated areas.

It started in Beseiged and was only known to occur there. Then it started to move, as the players started occupying different areas. Square Enix / Play Online Tech Support has offered a select few answers to this known glitch, but none of the answers have EVER worked. Nor has anyone ever officially acknowledged this glitch.

It is now most commonly known in Abyssea areas. The system will start to experience lag in obscene amounts. Eventually, the system will completely freeze. A few of the "solutions" that have been provided are as follows:

~ Clear the Xbox 360 cache (a well known way to destroy your FFXI data and require a full reinstall).
    ~ Format your Xbox 360 HDD (this issue persists even on the new slim 360's, even if it has nothing else on it).
    ~ Check Files (nothing is ever found to be wrong, ever).
    ~ Delete and reinstall (still persists).
    ~ Contact Microsoft, because it's their fault (seriously, I have had them tell me it is not their fault and Microsoft is to blame).

These are just the "solutions" that I can recall off the top of my head. None of these fix the problem and I have had to deal with this since the release of Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360. And it is not just me, I have a lot of other friends that play (5 in Michigan, 4 in Georgia, 1 in Arizona, to name a few), plus many others that I have only spoken with in forums.

This is a big glitch that has never been addressed and is always shucked under the proverbial carpet as "not important." Since there is FINALLY a place that I can address this issue publicly, I would like to have it escalated to (hopefully) a final resolve. Or (at the very least) tell me it is not something that you can fix and apologize to all the Xbox 360 owners.

Trust me, there are currently no "solutions" that you have to fix this glitch without actually applying a patch to the game.

Edit: And in case you want this edited with the "official" template, just fill it in with whatever fits accordingly.
    ~ Everyone
    ~ Everywhere
    ~ All the time
    ~ Everything
    ~ And if you require specifics, it's already been stated.

If you want an official report, check my account. I have called in at least 20 times (sadly I am not joking) all about this same issue. You have it documented 1,000 times over, at the very least from the thousands of players that have experienced this same issue.

EDIT #2:

Any other people experiencing this issue, please reply for further proof and verification.
    (1)
    Last edited by Wolfe; 03-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

ive had this problem on PS3 but never on PS2.. I generally get the problem when teleport/warp via spell or using a maw once when using a flux and its happen a lot when using the teleporter in aht urgan ... A lot of times I get something like a major delay when dealing with NPC's where it appears the system froze but I can still use the text commands e.g. /l or /t and I have had to reset due to the large amount of time before it lets me do anything else
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    honestly i don't think theres much se can do i play 360 and its relly on Microsoft end where the issue lies xbox cant handle the massive lag with a mass mmo like this one, live is designed to hold games up to 16 players in a given game/match max usually not 100+ let alone 100s of mobs.. For me what helps is you can kind of tell when a crash is coming it gets very laggy and jumpy.. just zoning out and zoning in or /log out and /log back in resets the lag and reloads the zone and prevents it from freezing. only takes 1 min to relog.
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    It's not a 360 issue... it's the game engine... and yes... this NEEDS TO BE FIXED SE.
    (0)

Character
    Fiddytree
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have the same problem with my 360. I haven't done Besieged in a long time because it freezes near the end every time. If I stay in abyssea for more than 4 or 5 hours I get frozen too. At least in abyssea I can tell when it's gonna happen, at least sometimes. It's still a pain in the ass to have to reboot and then have to get enhancements again after logging back in. Atma stays on why can't the enhancements? My worst issue was during the last version update in December when the 360 would freeze constantly after the update. I know they figured out the issue to be due to having players with a certain type of armor on the screen or something like that. That's great that they fixed that at least, but not before I got screwed by it in a permanent way. As I was choosing my second augment for my Wings of the Goddess earring my 360 froze. I log back in to a finished earring with an augment I didn't choose. I've called numerous times about this, and I'm always told to talk to a GM. I call a GM and get an automated message EVERY time. I can't even talk to a live GM! The automated message tells me to call tech support. So basically SE is running me in circles and avoiding having to address my issue. Feels great after playing this game for 8 years and sinking all this money into it. SE, my issue needs to be resolved, and the 360 freezing issue needs to be resolved. All of us players give you our hard-earned money so now it's time for you to give us some attention.
    (0)

Character
    Drivont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefiddy View Post
    I have the same problem with my 360. I haven't done Besieged in a long time because it freezes near the end every time. If I stay in abyssea for more than 4 or 5 hours I get frozen too. At least in abyssea I can tell when it's gonna happen, at least sometimes. It's still a pain in the ass to have to reboot and then have to get enhancements again after logging back in. Atma stays on why can't the enhancements? My worst issue was during the last version update in December when the 360 would freeze constantly after the update. I know they figured out the issue to be due to having players with a certain type of armor on the screen or something like that. That's great that they fixed that at least, but not before I got screwed by it in a permanent way. As I was choosing my second augment for my Wings of the Goddess earring my 360 froze. I log back in to a finished earring with an augment I didn't choose. I've called numerous times about this, and I'm always told to talk to a GM. I call a GM and get an automated message EVERY time. I can't even talk to a live GM! The automated message tells me to call tech support. So basically SE is running me in circles and avoiding having to address my issue. Feels great after playing this game for 8 years and sinking all this money into it. SE, my issue needs to be resolved, and the 360 freezing issue needs to be resolved. All of us players give you our hard-earned money so now it's time for you to give us some attention.

^ The man's got a point...
    (0)

Greetings all!

Thanks for taking the time to write up the details about the current issue with the console freezing up. We apologize for the trouble and frustration that has been causing you all. This issue has been brought to our attention already and has been forwarded to try and get it resolved. As we continue to look into this issue, any updates will be posted within the forums as they become available. Thank you for your patience.

- Xophious
    (0)
    Last edited by Xophious; 03-13-2011 at 08:20 AM.