Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Back in June, when the payment changes were announced, I made a post here specifically asking if we would be able to continue to pay with our 3D secured because it was never made clear, even after a Sticky by Camate was posted. Never once did SE say we could not directly use CC's to pay and none of us found that out for sure that we couldn't until July 27.

I don't know how much more proof, evidence or anything else Rosina wants before she will acknowledge that there is a problem for a lot of players. She uses someone else's personal banking information by her own admission to play because she doesn't want to give her own. Why is it ok to take the chance of messing up someone else's sensitive information but not her own? So it worked, big deal, many others did not and will not have that luxury. Her logic defies logic itself.
    (6)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Niyariko
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Is there a charge for click/Buy when u first register?
    I was going thru the transfer process with one of my friend using screen sharing via Skype. He noticed that an extra dollar was charged from CnB for the Aug payment.
    (0)
    recently returned player

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If you use a credit card it works. My bank's ATM/Check card does not work. I had to call the bank which only gave me 48 to use the card. Obviously that is not going to work for continuous payments.

I did manage to use my Visa credit card but got an email from the bank in the form of fraud protection.(they wanted to make sure I wasn't being scammed)

I do think click and buy charges you an extra dollar for using their services as someone else said which is lame. I hope SE does offer an addition payment method which I will switch to cause I rather not use scam methods of payments.(Crysta, Click and Buy)
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 08-03-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    People who want to have problems with this new system are going to find problems with this new system.

"It charged on the first of the month!" "It charged on the last of the month!" "It charged against my bank account too fast!" "It handled my information too slow!"

Yes, there will be problems, there always are problems, that is what happens if you handle thousands of transactions at once, there will be problems. Just because a problem happens to a superminority does not make the system horrible.
    (1)

Character
    Seyrena
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Just because a problem happens to a superminority does not make the system horrible.
    And yet, the threads denouncing Click and Buy are hundreds of posts long.

How do you justify anyone at all suddenly not being able to pay to play FFXI, let alone a 'superminority', where before the transfer, they had been able to?

I am of the opinion that Square-Enix should clean house before this turns into a class action lawsuit.
    (2)
    Seyrena
    Odin/Bastok

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrena View Post
    And yet, the threads denouncing Click and Buy are hundreds of posts long.

How do you justify anyone at all suddenly not being able to pay to play FFXI, let alone a 'superminority', where before the transfer, they had been able to?

I am of the opinion that Square-Enix should clean house before this turns into a class action lawsuit.
    I'll agree with you, I'm not sure if SE noticed the amount of countries that Click and Buy doesn't support. But, like I said, people will find problems with things they don't like.
    (0)

Character
    Lukikii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I signed up for Click and Buy and my charges went through fine as well. The verification dollar and change amounts that were processed the day I switched over were added to my C&B account and netted against one of my FFXI charges. I wasn't charged any additional fees other than what I normally pay for my subscriptions.

A few of my utility companies have contracted credit card payments out to 3rd parties, but I had never used Click and Buy before. While I'm happy it worked for me, I'm sorry to hear so many others having problems. It sucks.
    (1)

Not like the old system worked that well either, I know people who had to stop playing FFXI awhile ago when their cards expired because most new cards don't support 3ds that SE started to require.
    (0)

Originally Posted by Korpg
    Just because a problem happens to a superminority does not make the system horrible.
    True... but unfortunately that can be applied to any payment method, including the people who had issues with the POL billing.

The real issue at play here is still the fact that people are being forced into using C&B if they want any chance of paying the exact amount we are contractually obligated to pay SE every month....while one single region is NOT. And even then, with C&B, there is a chance that in the long run they may still wind up over paying in comparison (bank fees, or C&B's own fee structure).

Edit:
    To further complicate things, some (for various reasons) simply can't use C&B and have to resort to Crysta, which also may not be available to them as an option eiither simply because of where they live or who their transactions would have to go through to purchase it.
    (2)
    Last edited by RAIST; 08-03-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

10. 08-03-2011 09:55 AM
    Reason
    Violation - Disparaging comment

Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    they do a test charge. it is supposed to just be a pre-authorization and not actually process, but some have had it actually go through. Some have reported their bank charged them additional fees for various reasons due to the banks policies. Some have reported that the charge was in an alternate currency, causing them to pay a higher rate than they should have because of the exchange rate conversion. Other's have had C&B flat out rejected by their banks. Some can't even use C&B because C&B themselves don't provide service to their area (probly legal/regulatory issues), and don't find that out until the end of the registration process. Some are being told C&B is having trouble verifying the account and C&B requests them to contact them and are put on hold for extended times--when they do get through they are told to send them very sensitive documents like scanned passport or other photo ID, utility bills, even an actual BANKING STATMENT over unsecure medium like normal email.

All this has added up to a general distrust of them at this point.

And to add more insult, some of these have also discovered that SE doesn't extend Crysta to them because of legal issues that SE doesn't want to get mixed up with if they offer it. So, even if those users were to purchase cards for the points through playspan(or use a paypal account, etc)--they STILL can't pay via crysta either.
    Thanks appreciate it.
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast