Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
    Character
    Deadgye
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I've only read 3 posts on page 2 and don't plan to read any more, so I'll just say this: Static przu.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    This. I like the "choose your augment" system.

With how crappy some AF is I sometimes wonder if the people making it even know what kind of stats WE WANT on armor.

If we can't choose augments I would say random... because so far it seems the devs have been content to make most AF gear stats pretty mediocre.
    Considering 99% of the time the only stat players care about is haste...
    (0)

Character
    Julji
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    already brought up. sry.
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I have to assume you mean the static people cause theres only like 2 of us here who want random :X
    I would prefer random, make it so you need some hair on your chest in order to attempt it. I would love to see more whining about the RNG on here.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieGibson View Post
    I would prefer random, make it so you need some hair on your chest in order to attempt it. I would love to see more whining about the RNG on here.
    Then we're on the same side !
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexen View Post
    This. Why can't they have this mindset anymore? It would be good to have armor you have to work for, something to keep you playing and keep you busy. I'd rather static enhancments that took a while to get and were worthwhile in the end. I honestly think that Empyrean +2 is too easy to get for how good it is, a lot of what I have I haven't exactly worked hard to get.
    Content too few can hope to access, in this given case a theoretical reworked +2, isn't really content that should be focused on as it panders to a minority. Players who crave this can be thrown a bone now and then, sure, but let's stop pretending Abyssea's atma system and the "ease" it brings is going to carry over as is to every future game event. VW can arguably prove challenging now (in some cases, not for the right reasons) and people craving endgame while in the transition phase to 99 are just asking for disappointment. Maybe you'll get your wish if Emp gear has an eventual +4 equivalent, but for now, chill.
    (0)

Character
    Kiokaiel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    STATIC!
    Inventory -100 no thanks for all the equipment out there
    STATIC!
    Random bs has screwed me over from day one with random augments from book nms Dex -5 on Hagun seriously??
    STATIC!
    (0)

Character
    Anissa
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    The only random aspect of random augments is the number of times you have to repeat the augmentation process. Once the field of possible augments are known, one combination of stats will stand out as the goal when augmenting that piece of armor. Random augments don't cater to different play styles. Random augments aren't more difficult to obtain, they are only more repetitive. The perfect example is the dominion trophy system.

Bestia set for drg: Haste+4 on the legs. Everything else can be ignored.
    Skopos set for cor: Snapshot +5 on the body. Everything else can be ignored.
    Spry set for nin: Nothing to see here.
    Mederi set for blu: Str +6 on feet. I would go for blue magic skill +3 for magical spells and additional effects, but then I wouldn't be able to macro correctly. Fast Cast+5 on the body for utsusemi casting, unless you have that augment on mirke wardecors like I do. Everything else can be ignored.
    Literae set for blm: Int +3 on hat as a hold over until goetia+2, then dark skill +4. Everything else can be ignored.
    Facio set for whm: Cure potencty +15, or however much you need to cap when not using solace. Cure cast time -3 on gloves. Everything else can be ignored.

Obviously none of these sets were intended to be powerful, but I think they make a good model for what random relic augmenting would look like. You go out to obtain obtain trophies, you accumulate trophies quickly, then you try for a good augment. 90% of the time it is not the perfect augment, so you drop the item and try again. This is not real difficulty.

If the devs feel it would be unbalanced to give us powerful static augments, couldn't they just lower the drop rate for the augmenting "trophies" or (if trophies drop from nms and not standard mobs) make the enemies which drop trophies harder to kill or pop? Personally, I like actual challenges, not easily-accessible-but-has-to-be-redone-zero-to-twenty-times grinds.
    (1)

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Please, please make them static.
    (0)

Player
    Static - win
    Random - Dev team being cruel.

You should realize that one of the major appeals of MMO's is the reward system.
    We will work and put in the hours for better rewards, providing we're not at the mercy of randomness.

EDIT: Repeating content is just a time sink. We should be awarded less rewards for such, and be encouraged to try harder content for better rewards.
    If anything, you can keep your random synergy system for mediocre rewards for those of us who are not yet in a position to take on the harder content.

Don't reward repetition, reward advancement!

Fix PLD.

that is all
    (0)
    Last edited by Cursed; 08-19-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast