Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I'd go with the Synergy augment system again. 1 Static HQ Augment, 4 common-pool augments. Works with NQ or HQ version, but HQ gets stat caps +1. Random powerful combinations (like Shura Haidates with 5 STR) are possible, but very rare. Let us tatter NQ armors and -1 bits.
    This would be awesome if the HQ augment were assigned with a piece's original purpose in mind. We've seen on Empyrean armor that the current team actually understands what equipment does and when it does those things, so maybe they would actually do this.

Even if not, it couldn't make the useless pieces more useless or the single-job-ability pieces less useful, so why not?

I also like that it would give the +1's a more palpable benefit.

The only issue is that the pieces couldn't be stored or mailed if this were done. I guess not augmenting the worthless pieces would solve this issue for most folks, though.
    (0)

Static - Remove Synergy - Dump it on Magians - Ignore Ancient Currency - Add more 'seals' to Dynamis like the bijous as they have decently high rates - Make em drop from normal mobs in their respective location - Make it upgradable through synergy if it HAS to be synergy related.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

I wouldn't mind a tie-in to Ancient Currency, really. It's not like it's hard to solo that these days, and it gives people a viable use for Gil again.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I wouldn't mind a tie-in to Ancient Currency, really. It's not like it's hard to solo that these days, and it gives people a viable use for Gil again.
    60k Earthen Abjurations to get the worst augments possible isn't a viable excuse?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    60k Earthen Abjurations to get the worst augments possible isn't a viable excuse?
    I wouldn't say so. I've yet to bother with tatters, or Synergy, personally. My time is too valuable to risk wasting on Fire Resist +4.
    (0)

I have never liked random stats. I like approaching a goal and being able to plan it properly. Random stats can take a day or take a year. I have spent so much time trying to get the Facio body of my dreams since it was first introduced, but to no avail. I also dislike synergy. I have spent years trying to get WW to 99.7, and I'm still trying for that last .3, and that's just crystal -> recipe -> go. I have absolutely no desire to invest in synergy which is a substantially more involved process. I will pretty much have no interest in any upgrades that involve synergy.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I wouldn't say so. I've yet to bother with tatters, or Synergy, personally. My time is too valuable to risk wasting on Fire Resist +4.
    But what if I told you that you could get this...

...amazing...

...fabulous...

...fantastic...

...unbelievable...

...Water Resistance +4.

Sometimes I wish elemental resistances had never been put on equipment in the first place. They're the Random Number Generator's nuclear option as well as it's first choice.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala View Post
    Random stats can take a day or take a year
    Static too except they can't take a single day. I'm not sure why you all think you are going to get the static gears quickly. Look at Einherjar ampulas for the various gear the event offers. It's typically what you'll want for static. Initially you would get 500 ampulas per tier I *win*, knowing that you did not win everytime. On average in a decent LS you would get one item per 3 months. Why would it be any different ? Several month of grinding dynamis dayly to fill the quota of points. On top of my head the other gear they released in exchange of points were assault gear, where you would get like 800 AP per assault in a static, which would be 20 runs for a piece, or 3 weeks, or 4 months minimum for a full assault set.

I don't think you will be able to grind the gear abyssea-style like you would for the final stage of an empyreal weapon (like killing 40 draguas which you can do in a day or two with chain brews). This time it's dynamis, it has entry limitation including a maximum time limit. It probably means that you will only be able to progress a little every day. I'd rather try my luck from time to time rather than be forced to log every day for 3 months to get a piece of crap that will by no way be decent (relic are mostly junk) .
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 08-14-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Static too
    Yes, but I can typically determine roughly how long a set goal would take me personally. Random doesn't have that luxury.
    (0)

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    ~Static~
    No one ever really liked the random system that I have spoken to (like FoV augments). The sky gear augments are a nice combo of Random/Static but the static system like on Empy armor is really a lot more fun and gives you a goal to work towards.
    (0)

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast