Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Definitely static - since relic equipment is situational, stats should probably cater to those situations... Some Monk examples would be...

Melee Gloves +2 - Remove an additional status effect from Chakra.
    Melee Gaiters +2 - Counters will give enemy half the normal TP when under the effect of Counterstance.
    Melee Cyclas +2 - Maybe add something like "Enhances Boost" effect - where if you use Boost with Melee Cyclas +2, followed by Chakra, it increases the regen effect of Invigorate.
    Melee Crown +2 - This is kinda a weird piece - basically an "okay" WS piece if you have absolutely nothing else. It's nothing that will be full timed... the only thing of use I can come up with is making it a piece to activate Impetus in... perhaps reducing the "miss" penalty during Impetus... allowing us to keep 25% of the bonus or something.
    Melee Hose +2 - Not going to replace Tantra Hose +2, that's for sure. Maybe just give them another bonus for Dodge.

I'd rather see these become white text/blue box armors with purposes than see them become regular armors with yellow text on them, that are still pretty useless (like giving us Melee Hose with +3 STR and +3 Haste... still useless)...
    (2)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    STATIC STATIC STATIC and NOT SYNERGY. And PLEASE tell the developers to consider the possiblity of putting stats that'll work towards haste cap and 5 hit (492 delay across all endgame lances) for DRG set. PLEASE. I'm SO sick of wearing randomly strewn together trash while a select handful of jobs get the privilege of wearing 5/5 emp+2 . I really, really hope you tell them to consider this. We have more than enough options for WS pieces, please let jobs who can't wear cohesive gear TP in a full set for once.

It's level 99 time soon, throw us a goddamn bone for once in our lives with itemization.

15 STP will do it assuming hoard/rajas/white tath/rose/brutal/goading and 21% haste across all 5 slots assuming SAM sub (the only valid sub anymore thanks to Hasso and STP trait). Didn't the developers say they were sick of the mix and match junk? You could also do 20% haste and 19 STP and we could use blitz ring Could even do 12 or 13 stp depending on which method you go with and we could eat spaghetti and be happy. Please end the era of hobo dragoons. Right now you have to wear ace's legs/zelus tiara/emp body+feet+2/dusk or timarli hands for a 5 hit 25% gear haste. I DARE you to look up what that looks like Camate, it's absolutely hideous. I shouldn't have to strongly consider editing the .DAT files to be happy with the way I look while playing an optimized character, and I know there are other jobs who have this same dilemma.
    (2)
    Last edited by Coldbrand; 08-13-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Player
    Static. Here's why:...

With /random stats, the bonuses can be crappy, so it ends up being a waste of time and energy. (Hey, just being honest here.) Or they can be amazing, if you ever actually needed +50 Magic Accuracy on Byakko's Haidate--that's entirely hypothetical, but you get the idea.

I'd rather have static stats, but as long as the bonuses are actually good. I felt that the devs promised to make ye olde gear comparable to AF3+1, but I don't think that they delivered on that promise. Synergy buffs need to be stronger. AF3+2 trumping all (for now) is fine, but at least make the old stuff equal to AF3+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to items not being able to be stored once augmented
    We’re currently weighing the following two possibilities:

1. Make it possible to send relic equipment and enhanced relic equipment via delivery system
    2. Make the stats static
    It's imperative that this happens to make upgrading via synergy feasible from an inventory stand point.

And on that note, could normal, un-augmented AF1 and especially AF2 be sent to mules? It's great being able to use gear that I got from one character on another character. Why should AF1 & 2 be different when we're able to send what is often stronger armor from other sources?
    (1)
    Last edited by Panthera; 08-13-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Static stats, for sure.
    (1)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Static

(Static Shock reference was very much called for.)
    (0)

Player
    [SIZE="7"]STATIC GOOD! GOOD![/SIZE]

Also, Francisco hit the nail on the head when he said many of these pieces are for specific job abilities, spells, or situations. Static augments would make it easier to optimize the gear for it's current purpose rather than producing useless junk with a smattering of all-around stats.

In closing...

[SIZE="7"]RANDOM BAD! BAD![/SIZE]
    (1)

Option 2. Static stats.
    (0)

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

/vote 2

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The development team is currently looking into introducing relic equipment +2 in the form of synergy augments and would love to hear any feedback you have in relation to this system based on the below information.

Random Stats vs. Static Stats
    Please let us know if you prefer static stats or random stats when adding your stats via synergy.

I will go into the specifics of the plusses and minuses later, but I’m pretty sure it’s along the same lines that you already have in mind.

Strength of the stats: Random > Static
    Can obtain item with high stats, but spend time: Static > Random

Regardless of whether the stats attached are random, the whole idea is that it will give job-related enhancements. For example, there won’t be any “Enhances Berserk effect” on white mage relic equipment.

1. Random Stats Approach
    ・In order to get the best stats, you will have to repeat the process many times
    ・The amount of time spent and the stats received aren’t necessarily equal
    ・Have a possibility of getting the item in a shorter amount of time than static stat items
    ・There will be room to get higher stats than static stat items
    2. Static Stats Approach
    ・In order to get good stats, time must be spent working towards completion
    ・Depending on the stats, the time needed will be adjusted
    ・Can predict the time needed to obtain the item
    ・Won’t be able to add the stats of your dreams since it is static
    ・Will be able to store your equipment
    With all the above in mind, please let us know which system you prefer!
    STATIC PLEASE!

Dear Altana, the Random-Stat Generator is the perfectionist's worst nightmare. You will spend forever with no end in sight trying to achieve perfect augments if left up to such a system. It is a system that favors the lucky, not the determined, and luck is a personal nemesis to me.

Make it hard, make it time-consuming, make it require drops from top-tier Voidwatch NMs (once you fix that bullshit system drop system. Novel idea, terrible application when it comes to r/e drops), keep it out of the hands of the grass-hoppers, just let the dedicated ants EARN their perfect pieces.

And let me just say: YOU NEED TO BEAT AF3+2 BY 99! AF3 is far TOO EASY to obtain, and was released too early for a planned 99 cap. AF2+2 sounds cute, but there's got to be more than that for us to pursue as we get away from kiddie-land abyssea. AF3 was a good concept, make staple gear that everyone could obtain with a bit of effort, we just need better, hard-to-obtain gear for the dedicated players to desire as we continue moving forward.

That's my 2 gil on the matter.
    (1)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Static stats pls, do not wanna go through the randomness that is Sky Synergy augments, even with high skill. I spent way too much time and effort in Dynamis obtaining full Relic+1 to leave it to chance, as opposed to sky augments which are a simple drop and purchase off the AH. I've heard people say this is a pointless idea, and granted, there are certain pieces of Relic gear that are utter trash (looking at you WAR), but some of the gear is still the best for certain aspects (for example, 4/5 Summoner's is still the best gear for BP timers, SCH AF2 is still useful, and so on). I also feel that as opposed to the difference in stats from AF2 to AF2+1 the stats for the +2 at least need to be a noticeable difference, because as it is now, it's hardly worth the time spent to upgrade to the +1.

I also agree with the above poster, there needs to be better gear then AF3+2 at 99, as much as it is nice, it's way too easy to obtain as opposed to at 75 where it took longer to get the decent gear.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sargent; 08-13-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Player
    One vote for random. Lol. I don't want cookie cutter gear with a different ability on every piece. I want to specialize.
    (1)

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast