Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Artifact Armor 4 idea

So, I recently got Beastmaster to level 78, so I was soloing in Bibiki Bay to cap off my skill and got to thinking.

With how quickly you can level now, there's very little motivation to get AF1, outside of personal interest. That brings you forward to AF2, which depending on the job may also be something not worth hunting down when you can easily just go for AF3 in abyssea wearing the level 78 then the level 87 gear.

So I had an idea.

At level 99 you should be able to get AF4, gear that is reminiscent of AF1, but with an updated look and feel -- advanced end-all, be-all stats that are completely applicable and potent for you job, and maybe even add a special Job Ability or spell for some.

The idea I had for how to acquire this gear, though, is the important part.

To get a single piece of AF4, you should have to have the corresponding AF1+1, AF2+1, and AF3+2 piece, and then go through a final quest line for your job for each piece of armor.

Me personally, I like the idea of forcing each player to solo bosses specifically designed to be difficult, but not impossible, to solo on their given jobs -- but I'm guessing not everyone is game for that.

Maybe add in currencies that drop from bosses from older content to augment the time investment required to get the new gear.

It just seems to me that there's no real respect being shown to people who invested all of that effort into the old gear. And I know, I'm usually the first to spout "Its an MMO, things get updated and some become irrelevant" -- but the fact that there's absolutely no reason to revisit old content except out of personal interest kind of makes me sad.

Just an idea.
    (7)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    With how quickly you can level now, there's very little motivation to get AF1, outside of personal interest. That brings you forward to AF2, which depending on the job may also be something not worth hunting down when you can easily just go for AF3 in abyssea wearing the level 78 then the level 87 gear.
    AF1 and Relic gear was always more so unique gear swap armor that had bonuses you couldn't get on other gear, and that is still true today. Maybe SE intended them to be sets to be used as a whole but that is what they ended up working out to be.

Using your example BST:
    Without Beast Jackcoat you can't remove Paralyze, Poison, and Blind by using a Cure Food.
    Without Beast Gaiters you don't get a 10% bonus to Reward's HP cured. Gets replaced by Monster Gaiters which give 20%
    Without Monster Jackcoat you can't remove Weight, Slow, Silence by using a Cure Food.

I don't think there is any job this doesn't apply to which means there are very good reasons to get AF1 and Relic armor if you want to be truly efficient at a given job.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    So, I recently got Beastmaster to level 78, so I was soloing in Bibiki Bay to cap off my skill and got to thinking.

So I had an idea.

At level 99 you should be able to get AF4, gear that is reminiscent of AF1, but with an updated look and feel -- advanced end-all, be-all stats that are completely applicable and potent for you job, and maybe even add a special Job Ability or spell for some.

The idea I had for how to acquire this gear, though, is the important part.

To get a single piece of AF4, you should have to have the corresponding AF1+1, AF2+1, and AF3+2 piece, and then go through a final quest line for your job for each piece of armor.

Me personally, I like the idea of forcing each player to solo bosses specifically designed to be difficult, but not impossible, to solo on their given jobs -- but I'm guessing not everyone is game for that.

Maybe add in currencies that drop from bosses from older content to augment the time investment required to get the new gear.

It just seems to me that there's no real respect being shown to people who invested all of that effort into the old gear. And I know, I'm usually the first to spout "Its an MMO, things get updated and some become irrelevant" -- but the fact that there's absolutely no reason to revisit old content except out of personal interest kind of makes me sad.

Just an idea.
    Your idea is not bad at all. Very creative I must say! =)

Your idea is GREAT to keep people back interested in doing AF1 quests again and keep people back being interested in doing Dynamis again: Keeping older contents active and alive!

But here is the thing...
    I'm not really gamed for that mainly because it's way to much for 1 piece of armor and I don't think I like to go back to "Gear grinding" era of ffxi. I do Hope they make AF4, and I do hope AF3+2 is Required to upgrade to AF4 with a new system in mind for challenge/adventures!

I think it be nice if they focus on making new expansion packs/stories and contents that Involves getting an AF4 from AF3+2! I'll be down for that! As long as SE works full out on stories, I'm down! =)
    (1)
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    AF1 and Relic gear was always more so unique gear swap armor that had bonuses you couldn't get on other gear, and that is still true today. Maybe SE intended them to be sets to be used as a whole but that is what they ended up working out to be.

Using your example BST:
    Without Beast Jackcoat you can't remove Paralyze, Poison, and Blind by using a Cure Food.
    Without Beast Gaiters you don't get a 10% bonus to Reward's HP cured. Gets replaced by Monster Gaiters which give 20%
    Without Monster Jackcoat you can't remove Weight, Slow, Silence by using a Cure Food.

I don't think there is any job this doesn't apply to which means there are very good reasons to get AF1 and Relic armor if you want to be truly efficient at a given job.
    I can understand that, but its just something I never really think about because I hate gear swapping -- that's why when you get to the higher echelons of play with a job it takes so long jumping between them -- too much gear you have to carry.

But yeah, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlan View Post
    Your idea is not bad at all. Very creative I must say! =)

Your idea is GREAT to keep people back interested in doing AF1 quests again and keep people back being interested in doing Dynamis again: Keeping older contents active and alive!

But here is the thing...
    I'm not really gamed for that mainly because it's way to much for 1 piece of armor and I don't think I like to go back to "Gear grinding" era of ffxi. I do Hope they make AF4, and I do hope AF3+2 is Required to upgrade to AF4 with a new system in mind for challenge/adventures!

I think it be nice if they focus on making new expansion packs/stories and contents that Involves getting an AF4 from AF3+2! I'll be down for that! As long as SE works full out on stories, I'm down! =)
    Yeah, I can appreciate that too.

Just I feel there needs to be a prerequisite of having the older gear -- not only because the amount of investment for a job should be required for someone hoping to get the best out of it, but because it would help other people who want/need to do the old content.

I'm all for indepth new storylines and content, I just feel that the "old world" is being too thoroughly overshadowed. I haven't even been to the Past since I got back a month ago.
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I like the idea of synthesizing all AF1+1, AF2+1, and AF3+2 to get something even more powerful.
    (0)

I think we should be required to learn the story of the AF designers per say. Like the story as to why red mage looks like a french fencer. Or maybe a part 2 of the af stories. My fav part of the game was doing the af quests for the stories. I would like that returned
    (4)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    I think we should be required to learn the story of the AF designers per say. Like the story as to why red mage looks like a french fencer. Or maybe a part 2 of the af stories. My fav part of the game was doing the af quests for the stories. I would like that returned
    It'd be cool if they linked it back to the Crystal War and had us do the quests to design the "War Hero's Uniform" -- based on heroes of each job, explaining a bit more about its origins and the like.
    (0)

Player
    I have no doubt that there will be some "Final" armor set that makes us wonder why we ever put all that time and energy into Abyssea. It may be job specific, but honestly, SE can get a lot more mileage of its designs by placing several jobs on the same set.

I think they intend to make the old content relevant via synergizing the old gear. Looks out for Homam with STR on it, etc. However, how well it's actually executed is quite another story. Ye Olde Abjurations + enhancements = meh.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    I think they intend to make the old content relevant via synergizing the old gear. Looks out for Homam with STR on it, etc. However, how well it's actually executed is quite another story. Ye Olde Abjurations + enhancements = meh.
    Almost all ABJ gear has a use again. Very few exceptions...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Almost all ABJ gear has a use again. Very few exceptions...
    I'd say the ones that are useful again are the exception rather than the rule. Compared with current stuff, I mean.
    (0)

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast