(2)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    static please.
    but let us choice what augment we want on every piece.
    and let us store our equip.
    (5)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The development team is currently looking into introducing relic equipment +2 in the form of synergy augments and would love to hear any feedback you have in relation to this system based on the below information.

Random Stats vs. Static Stats
    Please let us know if you prefer static stats or random stats when adding your stats via synergy.

I will go into the specifics of the plusses and minuses later, but I’m pretty sure it’s along the same lines that you already have in mind.

Strength of the stats: Random > Static
    Can obtain item with high stats, but spend time: Static > Random

Regardless of whether the stats attached are random, the whole idea is that it will give job-related enhancements. For example, there won’t be any “Enhances Berserk effect” on white mage relic equipment.

1. Random Stats Approach
    ・In order to get the best stats, you will have to repeat the process many times
    ・The amount of time spent and the stats received aren’t necessarily equal
    ・Have a possibility of getting the item in a shorter amount of time than static stat items
    ・There will be room to get higher stats than static stat items
    2. Static Stats Approach
    ・In order to get good stats, time must be spent working towards completion
    ・Depending on the stats, the time needed will be adjusted
    ・Can predict the time needed to obtain the item
    ・Won’t be able to add the stats of your dreams since it is static
    ・Will be able to store your equipment
    With all the above in mind, please let us know which system you prefer!

In regards to items not being able to be stored once augmented
    We’re currently weighing the following two possibilities:

1. Make it possible to send relic equipment and enhanced relic equipment via delivery system
    2. Make the stats static
    static!!

no more random
    (3)

Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    Camate can you give an example in the difference in the strength of the stats for static vs random? Just for the sake of knowing what I'll be giving up with my vote for static.
    (2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs&feature=BF&list=PLB5F836BEB04E9DF1&index=8

Static all the way. Nothing is more frustrating than the random number generator. Even if the potential is lower, I would prefer my results to be comparable to the effort put into the piece and not reliant on the number of rabbit feet I've chopped off that day.
    (12)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I personally would love the static stats, particularly on artifact/relic type. The option to store also really puts a big plus into that category. I would like this on Salvage gear as well honestly, but in the form of magian quests because having to go back into a salvage area, picking up a 15, 25, or 35 just to turn them to scraps would suck bad.

Random stats are already used for abjuration equipment and seems entirely appropriate as such. Artifact/relic has always been the sort of uniform of each job and it seems a bit more appropriate to have static stats. However if there was a choice or direction of specialization in stats (i.e. use item A. get STR augment, use item B. get DEX augment) that would be a pretty cool way to have some form of personalization.
    (2)

Just as a footnote for future reference, Randomization of augments has always been a terrible, terrible idea and I sincerely hope that it never comes up again. There is a reason that Trials of the Magians was and is immensely successful while FoV augments and Synergy augments are practically ignored by 99% of the playerbase.
    (19)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Static.

Side note: The idea of Relic +2 is retarded. Relic gear is old and outdated. Let the past gear stay in the past, please give us something new.
    (5)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    some relic is still situational.
    having to power up those piece will be cool.

i think about pantin legs and feet piece that give mab/mac to automaton.
    now they are surpassed by cirque+2.
    giving some more pet stats will be a nice move.
    (1)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Static, for the love of everything that's holy. Randomness is where it all went wrong. Augments, Synergy, everything is garbage. Give us good stats and make us work for it, make it long, make it arduous, but make it steady and make it worth our while. As it should be with everything in the game. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to win the lottery, over and over again.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast