Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Have no fear! Along with the parry skill adjustments we will also be looking into adjusting guard too!
    (11)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Do not get me started on guard skill ups. I got enough dents in my head from trying to skill it before aby was even out. My b/f is having issues in both I'll pass the tips on.

They need to jack up the skill ups in parry and guard, they do level wicked slow. I rather it be wicked fast like evasion, even with the newbie quicky level up cap from the abyssea edtion download guaard is stil slow.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Have no fear! Along with the parry skill adjustments we will also be looking into adjusting guard too!
    awesome. ty Devin "Camate" Casadey

lolpost 13
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Paksenarrion View Post
    Incorrect translation or not, something was mentioned that invoked a question about a similar skill. I see no reason for the first bit of your post. Like your opinion of SE's responses, yours was "just a useless response that nobody cares about."

And because everyone has on-demand access to a RDM/SCH or SCH/RDM. /rolleyes

Now that I've fed the troll, let's get some decent discussion here.

I agree that evasion is fine as it is. I've never had a problem with capped evasion, even on my WHM alt. As I mentioned before, I feel shield doesn't need to be adjusted because the main shield using job (PLD) will have that capped fast. My WHM doesn't have too much issue with skill-ups on it either.

The main reason for my post stating that they should look at all is because someone's going to complain about evasion if I agree that they should look at shield. Parry and Guard are the true defensive skills that should have their skill-up rate adjusted, with maybe a small touch to the others, but I don't think those other two need a big overhaul.

The first part of my post, obviously, was pointing out how SE is almost maliciously ambiguous, and it grates the nerves of many people. Nobody knows what they meant, and still don't have an inkling as to what "adjust" means. Its silly.

I too found it odd that Guard and all the other defensive skills were not mentioned.

People who would love SE to simply say, "Yea we are going to adjust Guard too! Here's how!"

Not, "Yea we gonna do some stuffs, to some stuffs, and we don't know, eventually stuff?"
    Obviously you got that, so it served a purpose, the satirical, frustrated remark that it was.

Capped Guard skill was often one of the defining things among Monks that set people apart,
    Who were the passionate Monk mains, and posing bandwagon imposters.

I don't see how telling you an easy step by step process as to how to easily skill defensive skills is an issue.
    There's no excuse for not having anything capped anymore.

Now anyone can do it, with the above method, and not take months, even years. Maybe a couple of days? Why don't you?

You have an empyrean H2H and don't have a single RDM or SCH friend? Nobody that you could chill with and have some of their time? You could have a monkey push an Accession Phalanx button and achieve the result I am talking about.

Maybe your just a lazy jerk, who eschews advice and the methods to greatness, and that is why you're having so much trouble.
    Yea, that might be it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 08-05-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    how about an increase to skill rates on 2handed weapons to make the total time required to skill them to cap to be roughly equivalent to a 1handed

skilling staff sucks
    (0)

People need help with Parry skill ups? Level PLD, NIN or THF >.> Guard I can understand that has been broken forever.
    (0)

Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I'm not a wealth of knowledge on mnk but isn't guard useless anyway? Capped or not.
    http://genomeffxi.livejournal.com/18269.html Refer to this for info on guard.

That said, this was posted during the 75 days, way back when, but I still find it somewhat relevant.
    (0)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Parry skill gets extremly hard to lvl after you hit 320 skill or so even with the abyssea method spent a total of 4 hrs the other day skilling fighting 15 mandys at a time sam/dnc and got a total of .7 combined skill from each time I got a skill up. I'm glad they can finally find some time to address this issue with the skill up rate. To the poster above Thf and Nin are horrible choices to use to try and skill up parry with since it gos through all the same checks as guard, their Evas to high to get a decent proc rate let alone a decent skill up rate.
    (0)

Is parry/guard activation rate so low because you only get a check after evasion or because the activation rate is capped regardless of skill level? I remember reading somewhere that it caps at 5% before any gear/enhancements.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Player
    Even if you evade like a brick unless you're thf/dnc/(sam/cor?) your parry rate is probably floored on anything worthwhile. Seems to be checked against monster level, anything T+ parry/guard start being floored unless you make sacrifices in gear/merits for them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 08-06-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast