Thread: BLM Staff Idea

Character
    Mystaticromance
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

BLM Staff Idea

Don't kill me guys. Just throwing it out there.

I think it may be interesting, and I know most, if not all, of us want ONE weapon that can be used for damaging. I think that it would be a good idea to make a Staff that uses the 99 versions of the Claustrum, Laevateinn, Hvergelmir, and all Magic Damage Staffs (Light and Dark Included). It would be a challenge, one that I think many people would be up for. Now getting into the stats that would be on this staff. I'm not exactly sure what should be on it. But it must be better than any other option we will have available for nuking. It would also finally introduce an endgame weapon that isn't laughable like the BLM relic/mythic/empyrean.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I would like to see them add an endgame staff in the traditional ff way....Magus Staff or w/e it's been called previously that's specifically designed to enhance all magical damage by a certain amount....when I first started, I thought that's what the relic and then later the mythic and empyrean were gonna be, but I guess SE showed me lol
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    One staff with all the combined effects (indicated + hidden) of the HQ lv51 staves (Terra+ Auster+ Neptune+ Vulcan+ Aquilo+ Jupiter+ Apollo+ Pluto) AND one grip that combines all elemental magic accuracies (waiting for hell to freeze over).
    (1)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    A staff that combines the magic damage magian staffs together is pretty much the wet dream of every black mage and scholar on the server. I'm not holding my breath though, the person in charge of mage weapons has no idea what mages actually want (cross reference relic/mythic/empryean weapons).
    (1)

Player
    either this will happen at 99:
    we will all have trial staves or about 20 different staff for one situation.

or this:
    to get the rainbow staff (every Element of Magic) you have to get the relic the mythic and the empyrean staff and combine them with a quest/trial w/e.

But it's SE, so don't expect to have only one weapon for your usage of nuking.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I keep thinking that they're going to have Lv99 trial staves that will combine all the staves' attributes for a single element into one staff.

It's wishful thinking, but man wouldn't it be nice if you went through every staff trial for an element and could just combine them all into one?
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Syuveil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystaticromance View Post
    Don't kill me guys. Just throwing it out there.

I think it may be interesting, and I know most, if not all, of us want ONE weapon that can be used for damaging. I think that it would be a good idea to make a Staff that uses the 99 versions of the Claustrum, Laevateinn, Hvergelmir, and all Magic Damage Staffs (Light and Dark Included). It would be a challenge, one that I think many people would be up for. Now getting into the stats that would be on this staff. I'm not exactly sure what should be on it. But it must be better than any other option we will have available for nuking. It would also finally introduce an endgame weapon that isn't laughable like the BLM relic/mythic/empyrean.
    I'd like to see a trial that turns the lolempyrean staff into an "Affinity Damage: All +5" staff by turning in one of each element of the completed +2 Versions of the affinity +5 damage staves. The amount of work in getting all the staves would be the same this would just save 7 inventory spaces and make the empyrean staff not suck.
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Considering word on the street is the +3 Magian Staves drop the Magic Accuracy completely for the Magic Damage+7, I say SE needta do something about a BLMs inventory space. With all my gear, meds and linkshells I have around 5 free spaces, and I know many BLMs are in the same situation. With this update it means we'll have to carry more staves, for instance, I have Indra's and Varuna's staves, I'll need an Aquilo's for Bind at the very least.

I have a horrible feeling that SE are going to do something to this effect, as in bring the Magian Moogle all 8 Elemental Staves, which as much as it solves the issue, it's a massive pain.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    There is a single staff that does what all BLMS ask for, the problem is it's bitching hard to get and undervalues because only 3 have ever been completed. It's the Mythic Staff brothers and sisters ....

Its been there all along and a bloody hellacious pain to get. It's not as terrible as people say it is, it's just the effort.

Sucks, right?
    (1)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    It's the Mythic Staff brothers and sisters ....

Its been there all along and a bloody hellacious pain to get. It's not as terrible as people say it is, it's just the effort.
    While not terrible, it's not as effective as the Magian Staves. Yes, it's an all-in-one weapon for BLM, but it's not the 35% potency that the Magian+3 staves are, plus the Magian staves are far easier to get. And the reason only 3 Laevateinns have ever been completed is because it wasn't as good as the HQ Lv.51 staves at 75, and only barely beats them at 95 (only bonus it gets at 95 is base damage and augmentted Aftermath Lv.3), and it's certainly not worth the 300 mil price tag (yes, drites typically sell for 10k on Levi).

Although I'd agree, "fix" Laevateinn and problem solved, an all-in-one weapon should be the best for the job and should more damage then any other weapons. It just doesn't at the moment.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sargent; 09-05-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast