Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Ability Suggestion: Avatar's Rage

Hey, i was just thinking a bit since I don't know what kind of Ability SE is actually thiniking of when they mentioned it in the Job Adjustments Manifesto. But my Idea for the BP delay reduction Ability would be kind of like an Opposite to Avatar's Favor:

Name: Avatar's Rage
    Recast: 5:00 minutes
    Duration: 2 hours
    Effect:
    Bloody Pact: Rage Delay -15 independently to complement the normal BP delay Cap so we can do damage BPs every ~30 seconds
    Additionally all BP Rages gain a slight attack and/or magic attack bonus
    The Avatars gain their respective Enspell effect.

This all comes at the cost of Perpetuation cost +1-2 and all Blood Pacts costs are raised by 30-50%

Tell me what you'd think about such an Ability
    (3)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I like it, I would hope the m.atk and phys. attack boost is inversely proportionate to favor. So a +20 M.atk boost? Seems only fair when favor has -20 M.atk and they expect us to use that.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Interesting, lets just wait and see what SE has planned for the new JA then roll off of that?
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Well, there already exist items in game to get avatars/pet boost to all stats. Unfortunately, avatar being in the nature of being easily resummonable doesn't need to "rage". Nor do they especially need a 2 hr duration. Think a 30sec duration would be more reasonable to get the "bump" whatever it is based off move.

Hey what about a "Souleater" move for avatars, that consumes HP or MP of Summoner?
    (0)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Well, there already exist items in game to get avatars/pet boost to all stats. Unfortunately, avatar being in the nature of being easily resummonable doesn't need to "rage". Nor do they especially need a 2 hr duration. Think a 30sec duration would be more reasonable to get the "bump" whatever it is based off move.

Hey what about a "Souleater" move for avatars, that consumes HP or MP of Summoner?
    That sounds terrible, by your logic Avatars don't need to have a Favor either.
    granted Favor is kind of useless imo, but i do like giving parties a nice boost to DA w/ ifrit, or crit rate w/ ramuh (although RR kinda makes that pointless) Diabolos Refresh has been handy in some situations, albeit not many.

In most parties you try to keep 1 avatar out for its pacts, with items like the caller's necklace that feeds tp the longer their out, and the more tp they have the stronger the pact ( If magical) physical its true that gear is more important than tp. The recast would need to be 30sec-1min and even then it could get messy.

A JA like the Op mentioned would be the polar opposite of the Favor we currently have, instead of weakening the avatar to give slightly decent buffs to the party you can make the avatar stronger making it more useful. The abilities given would scale up with time making 1 avatar a lot stronger than a fresh one. The Mp perp cost going up and the increased mp required for pacts is a great tradeoff, considering how Mp is damn near infinite in abyssea. Would give smn the edge they needed for quite awhile.

Souleater doesn't sound like a good move to transfer to smn, smallest hp pool out of the jobs and the fact that it wouldn't add that much damage to blood pacts, at least not over a scaling buff like the Op mentioned. If it were off the Mp pool, well w/ a 3hit move like predator claws that would eat like 30% of ur mp, which could work but really doesn't seem as useful to me. Outside aby that could cause a lot of mp problems for jobs w/o the best gear. giving them Enspells like the Op imagined already makes their rather pitiful normal attacks a bit more appealing. unless its like, 5dmg a hit, would have to be relativly strong, scale with smn skill.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I only pointed out the trials to swap the, in during a physical bloodpact or magic nuke for "free". I use the sacrifice torque(think -3mp/ increased accuracy) to gain additional bonus to multi-hit Bloodpacts. I had wanted to get the MaB torque and other once, but forgot about them eventually.

This idea that "Abyssea" is normal, is sorta like a rotting, putrid idea when it comes to the rest of the game. Players point to the ridiculous hits and think it's "normal". Nothing about Abyssea is normal, and letting those idea into "regular" player will ultimately ruin the other 95% of the game...just look dynamis "stagger" system. Did Dynamis really need this? People already want Atmas to spread outside Abyssea.

Let's put it another way...when crackheads smoke crack they think the world is awesome, however when they come down they realize they haven't eaten in a week and some of their teeth are falling out. Avatar are strong. Making them stronger is of course fun. But this is just the same request every job wants more damage, faster damage.
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh ok, but SAM getting Buffs for virtually no downside (recast time lengthened, !wow! SAM doesnt even have natural spells to begin with!!) is ok?

This Suggestion is JUST to complement the more defensive stance of Avatar's Favor. This being said, i also think Avatar's Favor needs to be adjusted, so it's easier to use for defensive/supportive uses, I'm just not sure what changes exactly would be justified/. You know, SMN does not even HAVE the chance to deal fast dmg. If you'd play SMN regularly you'd know that this is just a request to give SMN an incentive to use Avatars as a source of dmg outside of those rare situations where people prefer hateless damage but slower progression.

It's already ridiculous how fast melees even outside of Abyssea can WS back to back, while SMN has to wait like 45 seconds to do Damage which isn't that much higher than 1 Melee WS. The only thing i'm requesting with this suggestion is to narrow the gap between the distinct Damage Dealers and the allround-talent Summoner. I'm not even asking to get it on par with "real" DDs only to let us play SMN the way we want: defensive/supportive or offensive. Oh yeah and i was never thinking of Abyssea when thinking this ability up, thanks.
    (0)

Oh ok, but SAM getting Buffs for virtually no downside (recast time lengthened, !wow! SAM doesnt even have natural spells to begin with!!) is ok?
    Yea, I think this is so ridiculous regarding SE's balance designs.

Though I think OP idea is ok. -15 delay is far from good enough, but with no MP costs attached it is a fine middle ground.
    (1)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    smn75 wait 45 sek., smn90 wait 45 sek. for lol dmg+
    a dd 90 do much more and quicker dmg and ws as a 75, is that fair?

in my eyes that idea is good, when you have mp you can do more dmg, when you have not mp you cant.
    (0)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I only pointed out the trials to swap the, in during a physical bloodpact or magic nuke for "free". I use the sacrifice torque(think -3mp/ increased accuracy) to gain additional bonus to multi-hit Bloodpacts. I had wanted to get the MaB torque and other once, but forgot about them eventually.

This idea that "Abyssea" is normal, is sorta like a rotting, putrid idea when it comes to the rest of the game. Players point to the ridiculous hits and think it's "normal". Nothing about Abyssea is normal, and letting those idea into "regular" player will ultimately ruin the other 95% of the game...just look dynamis "stagger" system. Did Dynamis really need this? People already want Atmas to spread outside Abyssea.

Let's put it another way...when crackheads smoke crack they think the world is awesome, however when they come down they realize they haven't eaten in a week and some of their teeth are falling out. Avatar are strong. Making them stronger is of course fun. But this is just the same request every job wants more damage, faster damage.
    I use the sacrifice torque too, eidolon pendent when using magical pacts, swap in some Relic armor for physical pacts and tried in vain to get my karura hachigane from that damn Znm vulpangue. But even w/ all those gear swaps, outside or inside abyssea, damage wasn't that phenomenal. Usually they hit harder than a DD's ws's (when their acc didn't screw me over w/ a 300ish pred claws) but the 45sec. timer is just dumb. Now inside abyssea our damage potential is much higher, and Mp is unlimited, my shiva does upwards of 5k heavenly strikes which is pretty sweet no doubt, but then theres the obligatory 45sec timer i have to wait for before i can do that again.

Also we can't disregard Abyssea, where do 90% of players spend their time these days? Inside Abyssea. the 91-99 levels may add a lot of content outside of aby, but it's not going to stop people from using abyssea for exp, merits, dicking around etc. Some of the best gear comes from there as well. Majority of peoples time will still probably be abyssea focused. It's not a small portion of the game anymore, sadly the game revolves around it now.

Avatar's are strong...sort of. Their made of paper really, and dont hit very hard w/ normal attacks, only 2 of them can heal themselves and its usually not worth it (unless in abyssea and using ducal guard for soloing) even w/ the -52% pdt they get they take more damage than my DD jobs do, but they are expendable. These avatars however deal significantly less damage than your average DD these days, inside or outside of Aby. Its that damned 45sec timer holding them back though.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast