Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Jupiter's staff question

Friend of mine was telling me about something he read and i wanted to know if any one had testing to prove or disprove this, that the crit rate on the staff only applies to the weapon itself. more to the point Ranged attack's are unaffected.
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    That's correct
    (1)

Player
    I was looking for data to back that up debbie, judging by it being one of the older weapons, its safe to assume crit rate is specific to that weapon only just like Fudo's, i'm certain the case is so but before i pose a question to a dev. i want to have data on the matter, if need be ill do my own testing but if some one else already had data would save me time.

the crit rate bonus seems a wasted stat for a weapon that even at its level of equipage would be a poor choice for DD'n in (though what mage would be caught meleeing at those levels anyways), if the dev's would even pay the query attention i intend to ask if thats intentional/something that can be addressed. though considering the recent tweak to ranged crit dmg a jupiter's staff boost to crit rate might be a bit overwhelming.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 06-23-2011 at 11:21 AM.

I've tested it and unfortunately, no it doesn't affect ranged crit rate. It wouldn't make sense if it did since the theme for those weapons seems to be a boost to a base parameter and then one of the subsequent stats that gets enhanced from that. For example, fire staff increases STR and then also increases r.atk. wind staff increases AGI then evasion. Ranged crit rate is governed by AGI so if there was ever a staff to enhance it then it would have been wind/austers.

On a positive note you might like to know that yataghans with +crit damage affect ranged attacks. So if you are lucky and end up with 2 x +6% knives that's 12% more damage on ranged crits/Arching Arrow/Jishnu's Radiance.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Are you saying the daggers (unlike the ksnm weapons) give global crit? Why do they go against the grain but everything else doesn't? Augments?
    (0)

Player
    huh... guess you learn something new every day? i wasnt aware that agi was effected ranged crit.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    Are you saying the daggers (unlike the ksnm weapons) give global crit? Why do they go against the grain but everything else doesn't? Augments?
    Because those Daggers give Crit DMG+, not Crit Rate+. Two different stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    huh... guess you learn something new every day? i wasnt aware that agi was effected ranged crit.
    It doesn't.
    (0)

Player
    AGI does affect ranged critical hit rate to my knowledge, in a similar fashion DEX affect melee critical hit rate. with Razed Ruins alone ranged attacks don't achieve the same critical hit rate that melee do (RNG friend parsed at ~44% crit rate with just RR on opposed to my War's 54%, no crit+ gear on either. Both had 4/4 merits at the time).
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 06-30-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    AGI does affect ranged critical hit rate to my knowledge, in a similar fashion DEX affect melee critical hit rate. with Razed Ruins alone ranged attacks don't achieve the same critical hit rate that melee do (RNG friend parsed at ~44% crit rate with just RR on opposed to my War's 54%, no crit+ gear on either. Both had 4/4 merits at the time).
    Nope, DEX affects ranged crit rate.
    (1)

Player
    Then explain how with with Razed Ruins basically capping dDEX Rng was 10% below crit rate of melees with RR?
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast