Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Matayo
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Ben or been you get the point and what times ate you talking about 2008?
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    One if the issues I see is there are no selective paths, job-wise, on any of the Magian trials. In order to do this, there'd either have to be 2 different sets of Bows, or adding Sam to ALL of the trials. Which means not only can a Sam get say an Empyrean bow, but one with a massive STR bonus as well. And while, as a Sam, I am not against that idea, I can also see it's very imbalanced.

Please note the same issue exists for any job that uses ranged weapons as well, but in inverse: Cor can't use Daggers, Rng can't use either daggers or axes, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenuzumaki View Post
    I'm just saying from experience on my server, and seeing some of the things SAM do here. I also hear tons of complaints about how sam gets this, and that, and how SE is now starting to favour SAM over other jobs, so hey to each their own. I dont see a need to have all access to all this other stuff. It's just not needed. We do fine with what we have, and thats all that really matters. We dont need to see another job like war that can use every single weapon in the game pretty much. Next youll be crying because we cant use NIN Katana. Technically they are just small GK so why not? Same style of weapon just held differently. Samurai would normally carry a Katana, Wakizashi [the nin KT], and a tanto, so why cant we use the NIN only weapon, and they can use the GK? Why? because thats how SE wants it, and thats how its going to be.

@Matayo: It's spelt "Been" not "Ben," and there is an edit button; use it. Busting shots like a real Samurai in the old days? Samurai would fire a volley or two, if that. They rely on their katana. Their sword is their soul. Same reason why they never used firearms is it dishonours them. Yes they did use Yumi, however, they prefered to use their katana over all other means. To fight in honourable combat. To die by the sword; their own, or their enemies.
    I'm having honest trouble not calling you a troll here.

If you're a troll, you're amazing. I'm so irritated by the fallacy of this statement that I am having difficulty concisely working through everything that's wrong. If you're not a troll...

Well man, you need to go learn some Japanese history and not just read the romances.
    (0)

Windurst is my home but other nations are also Rank 10
    Character
    Crazze
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Sorry I am a RNG and a SAM so having the bow and being able to use it on both jobs would be nice but meh. If you really just want a good bow for SAM get the relic and stop your whining. Yea yea still wouldn't have a reason to use RR but big whoop at least you would have your "high damage bow" that you want so badly for your SAM.

And that way instead of wasting a atma slot on RR you could use it for an atma that would increase fudo and namas arrow.
    (0)
    90 Jobs THF BLM RNG SAM RDM WAR

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I actually retired Samurai because SE let our archery ability go by the wayside. I loved going to various endgame events as SAM/RNG75 and still have most of my gear for it. The difference in skill anymore though for SAM archery is staggering, and would be a waste of time. That, and the best bow we can get can be bought off the AH. Empyrean bow, meh. I can understand keeping it RNG exclusive. But at the very least let us trial our bows or give us more incentive to SAM/RNG other than the Kote (which were nice, thank you, but no valid means of using it). If SAM/RNG seems viable again, only then will I look at bringing myself out of retirement.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazze View Post
    Sorry I am a RNG and a SAM so having the bow and being able to use it on both jobs would be nice but meh. If you really just want a good bow for SAM get the relic and stop your whining. Yea yea still wouldn't have a reason to use RR but big whoop at least you would have your "high damage bow" that you want so badly for your SAM.

And that way instead of wasting a atma slot on RR you could use it for an atma that would increase fudo and namas arrow.
    agree on the yoichi part, but dont think masa/yoichi to be best combo, multihit/yoichi with a build allowing to namas every 1-2 round should be better,
    (0)

Character
    Matayo
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Yes that's the way it was played. Well I like the idea of them letting sam do bow trials. And to everyone I'm not "whining" I have nothing to cry about don't misunderstand. My Sam is complete untill the 95 update. That's the main reason I'm bringing this up cause I want to do different things with my Sam. And it's like they give us these AF3 hands that's not overall use at all. So I wana know if not the emp bow where is atleast a knew bow. I just wanted the emp bow cause it's powerful has it's own ws and Sam was able to use relic so why not emp. That's goes the same for all jobs that's not the same as relic weapon line up
    (0)

Character
    Taint
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Matayo View Post
    Yes that's the way it was played. Well I like the idea of them letting sam do bow trials. And to everyone I'm not "whining" I have nothing to cry about don't misunderstand. My Sam is complete untill the 95 update. That's the main reason I'm bringing this up cause I want to do different things with my Sam. And it's like they give us these AF3 hands that's not overall use at all. So I wana know if not the emp bow where is atleast a knew bow. I just wanted the emp bow cause it's powerful has it's own ws and Sam was able to use relic so why not emp. That's goes the same for all jobs that's not the same as relic weapon line up

If SAM could use EmpBow, you wouldn't need Masamune. You would be spamming JR with Soboro or the 1-5 PA. If SE steps up to the plate with Relics, Yoichi SAM could make a come back.
    (0)
    Cerberus - Armada
    90poc
    90masa
    85Kannagi

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    If SAM could use EmpBow, you wouldn't need Masamune. You would be spamming JR with Soboro or the 1-5 PA. If SE steps up to the plate with Relics, Yoichi SAM could make a come back.
    agree. I have masamune and gandiva and yeah if sam could use gandiva you'd never use fudo again. Jishnu's Radiance SPANKS fudo
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenuzumaki View Post
    Colenzo is right. SAM has been getting a lot of attention lately, and people are already complaining we are overpowered. I think making SAM unable to use the EMP bow is just their way of keeping a balance. I'm not very butthurt over it haha.
    Are you saying relic weapons should be weak then?

but yeah i dont know about this issue, If i take a stance that relic weapons should be the best weapons then sam should be able to use the emp bow if they can use the relic bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    like that ^ ya

Unkai kote +2 is a great piece of gear for a range ws macro like others said, 10 str, 10 agi, 12 Racc and 12 Rattak is huge.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-14-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast