Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I have no idea hold old what you're responding to is or the context of it, Where is this quote so i can properly rebut. lol
    If you click on the blue arrow next to your name in his quote, it takes you to the original post!

Edit: OK, white arrows in a blue box.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I have no idea hold old what you're responding to is or the context of it, Where is this quote so i can properly rebut. lol
    That second part of Bahamut blowing up Fei'Yin is probably a combination of different parts of lore.
    * (Ancient Era) Kuluu and Dawnmaidens sabotaging FeiYin to prevent the Gates of Paradise from being opened (and causing massive destruction and death). (I think this was the event that changed the Kuluu into Tonberries, but not sure.)
    * (Chains of Promathia) Bahamut being awakened by the energy reversal in Delkfutt's Tower and emerging from the sea near Qufim.
    * (Chains of Promathia) Bahamut attacking the airship fleet with Giga Flare, Phoenix sacrificing herself to block it.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Except Bahamut would be too busy to attack Fei'Yin, being that he was attacking Al'Taieu and all. The local Quasilumins discuss the defensive measures they took, and there's also the Reliquarium painting with Bahamut over Al'Taieu. Totally different mothercrystal fragment.

Bahamut was stirred by what happened in Delkfutt's Tower because what happened was a connection to Al'Taieu. Al'Taieu needed to be held separate from Vana'diel because it contained Promathia.

And Bahamut wasn't attacking "the airship fleet," Bahamut was attacking you. The parlay was going well until you spoke up, bringing attention to yourself as the Vessel of Light, cluing Bahamut into Selh'teus' (and Phoenix's) plan.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've read a good part of the thread, escuse me if someone answered in a part I skipped.

Sky has always been in sky. It didn't rise. Think of it as the nail and delkfutt's tower as the hammer.

Concerning Sea, during the Meltdown the Crystal Line partially succeeded. If you look at the mountians in battallia downs and the campaign, you'll see them cut in half in an arch. The sea around qufim is from the giant sphere of land and air that was coverted and absorbed into the 5th crystal. The reason the 5th crystal is called the Emperial Paradox is because the crystal is in three places at once, one at the bottom of the ocean, two inside the city teleported into space, and three the city rests within the light of the crystal so the crystal is within itself.

But beyond Sea, the Meltdown almost broke vanadiel into a ring of asteroids. It shattered Fei'yin and drove the Northlands into permenent winter. I think the Hall of the Gods is more of a combo of 10k of wear and tear with Meltdown damage than Meltdown alone.

A cookie if you've noticed are the petrified trees in Batallia Downs at the coastline. These were frozen in place during the Meltdown. There are also petrified trees in Xarc, but these point towards the ocean. My theory is that the cliff face protected them from the main blast but they face away from the light ramp up to the castle. Since this light comes from the 4th crystal, the Meltdown either shattered the ground or it was already exposed and these trees where exposed to the direct light of the explosion and frozen as well.

Concerning years. Every week is a year in gametime. But if you go by plot, you begin the game 20 years after the Crystal War, so storywise it has probably been 5 years max. I just ingore the weekly calander, beyond conquest tallies it has no purpose.

Now my question: Is Rafid in Norg(I think that's the right name. The man with amnesia.) Blandine's and Celestine's (in Mhaura) missing husband and father? The dates of his ship's disapearance and Rafid's rescue at sea match up perfectly. I tried both talking to him with the sand charm in my invitory and wearing it, and trading it but nothing has ever happened. I forget if I've done the same with his caretaker, it was a long time ago. But knowing me I've probably have.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearstar View Post
    Concerning Sea, during the Meltdown the Crystal Line partially succeeded. If you look at the mountians in battallia downs and the campaign, you'll see them cut in half in an arch.
    All shores on the Sea of Shu'Meyo are charred black cliffs, from Sauromugue through to Beaucedine, and including Qufim. Whatever it is, it's not just Batallia.

The sea around qufim is from the giant sphere of land and air that was coverted and absorbed into the 5th crystal. The reason the 5th crystal is called the Emperial Paradox is because the crystal is in three places at once, one at the bottom of the ocean, two inside the city teleported into space, and three the city rests within the light of the crystal so the crystal is within itself.
    Got any cutscenes/etc. you can cite to back this up?

It shattered Fei'yin
    Fei'Yin's explosion was a direct result of Kuluu sabotage. Grav'iton spells this out in Sacrificial Chamber.

Concerning years. Every week is a year in gametime.
    No. There are exactly 25 Vana'diel days/hours/minutes in 1 earth day/hour/minute, respectively. The year in Vana'diel consists of 12 (calendar) months of 30 days each, or 360 days. This is 14 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes earth time, exactly.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    All shores on the Sea of Shu'Meyo are charred black cliffs, from Sauromugue through to Beaucedine, and including Qufim. Whatever it is, it's not just Batallia.
    Obviously, the Shadow Lord and his Kindred used the cliff in Beaucedine as their latrine for numerous years and their dutiful excretions have taken a toll on the ecosystem of Vana'diel.

Also, note this comment by a member of the fishing guild: "The Sea of Shu'Meyo... That's where you'll have to go if you want to find a Three-eyed Fish. A rare fishy, that one is." The marine life has mutated due to excessive exposure to demonic poop!
    (4)

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All shores on the Sea of Shu'Meyo are charred black cliffs, from Sauromugue through to Beaucedine, and including Qufim. Whatever it is, it's not just Batallia... Got any cutscenes/etc. you can cite to back this up?
    I know that. I can't spell Sauromugue off the top of my head and I forgot the H in Champaign. I'm sorry for the misspelling.

About the sphere, in both zilart and early CoP the assumption is that Al'Taieu was destroyed in the explosion. Explosions cause craters. The Sea of Shu'Meyo is almost a perfect circle, one sign of a crater, and in volcanic super eruptions small rings like Qufim are common, another sign of the crater. So are the shear cliffs and the petrified trees. In Pompeii, there are petrified trees bent backwards away from the volcano and frozen in place. Again, the logic holds. Its a crater.
    But, then you learn Al'Taieu was not destroyed but the city and it's people are safe within the crystal. So now we have the crater, a half-spherical depression. Energy radiates out from a sourse in all directions equally unless redirected, like in shaped charges used in fireworks, building demolistion, and military bombs. So under the laws of physics, a volume equal to the size of the crater was also taken from above.

The Emperial Paradox. Emperial refers to the capital. Paradox is something that exists but shouldn't. The 5th crystal is still conected to the Cystal Line at the bottom of the sea, you learn this in CoP and in the Hall of the Gods cs's in Abyssea. Selh'teus "opens the gate" taking us inside the crystal to Al'Taieu. But at the same time we are inside the crystal, we travel into the palace basement and find the crystal. So the crystal is inside itself. And, in the cs in the fight with promathia Prishe jumps at seeing Jeuno below her. In the preceeding cs's there is talk of Al'Taieu's decent back to Vana'diel and how to stop it, also Promathia heads for the basement to smash the 5th crystal so he can return to Vana'diel. Also in Abyssea's final battle, if you look down you will see Al'Taieu and its gaint skidmark where it crashed into the moon. So we have the crystal at the bottom of the ocean, we have the crystal within itself, and finally we have the crystal in space. Three locations at once, the paradox.

Fei'Yin's explosion was a direct result of Kuluu sabotage. Grav'iton spells this out in Sacrificial Chamber.
    I've never thought of Fei'Yin as the 4th crag. It resembles Dulkfutt's tower more than any crag. And the crystal itself is in Xarcabard under Castle Zvahl, that's were the light comes from on the ramp and why a spine leads from it south. Even if it was the target of the attack, the top of it is the same at the cliffline. Either it was built flat or the top was sheared off.

No. There are exactly 25 Vana'diel days/hours/minutes in 1 earth day/hour/minute, respectively. The year in Vana'diel consists of 12 (calendar) months of 30 days each, or 360 days. This is 14 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes earth time, exactly.
    If you say so, like I said I've never payed attention to the weekly calender. But my point still stands that plot wise it has no relationship to actual passage of time. It's only 20 years after the crystal war and most likely 5ish years total for the entire game content.
    (1)
    Last edited by Bearstar; 09-05-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: accedently posted before finishing

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    But my question still stands: Is Rafid in Norg(I think that's the right name. The man with amnesia.) Blandine's and Celestine's (in Mhaura) missing husband and father? The dates of his ship's disapearance and Rafid's rescue at sea match up perfectly.
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yuhtunga Sulfur doesn't drop in Yuhtunga Jungle.
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So I wonder what Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will reveal or retouch on from this topic. I'm really looking forward to more Kuluu/Zilart information myself. Seeing some more cutscenes from them would be so awesome.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast