Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    anyone ever figure out how to use the hidden zilat devices all over vana'diel? I've always been curious to what those actualy did.
    If you're talking about "Strange apparatus", They're used in a mini-quest to get items like the Arcane Flower pot, Rune Weapons, Cermet, and Crystal Clusters.

And I'm also curious as to the san'dorian dungeons cell doors what when you clicked they read "locked"
    Decoration i think :X, some of them have prisoners inside.

Also I'm curious as to the mystary of Gusgen mines. That is the only zone with cgi specters. And ghost imagry. I have yet seen the zone it is entirety as the deeper you go the creepier it gets.
    Gusgen? If i recall it was explained during the Bastok quests.

It used to be a heavy Mining area for Bastok, However on one day, it was something along the lines of "Visit your parents" Day, where the children came to the mines to see their dads in work. Then a fiend cause a colossal cave-in throughout the mines which trapped/killed everyone inside. The ~8 NM ghosts are named after Workers and the way in which they died, the spirits you see floating around are the Miners and their Children's ghosts.

The NM that caused it was Juggler Hecatomb, it spawns every ~21/24 In the basement. If you notice when you go to the basement, theres actually a gigantic hole in the ceiling (Which you can drop down from above right onto the NM), This is how he caused the tremors/cave-in.
    (16)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    On the topic of Gusgen mines, why is it if you get clay from the zone and approach water you can hear eerie moans/groans/crying? Urgh. I always get creeped out and chuck my clay before I make it back out of the mines.

Why are some of the guards in the Hall of Gods missing their heads or limbs?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    On the topic of Gusgen mines, why is it if you get clay from the zone and approach water you can hear eerie moans/groans/crying? Urgh. I always get creeped out and chuck my clay before I make it back out of the mines.
    Those are dead children, I explained that !

Why are some of the guards in the Hall of Gods missing their heads or limbs?
    They probably broke when Sky rose. If you look at old zilart pictures in the Temple of Uggalepih, You can see a picture of Ro'Maeve, and Sky still on the ground. If i recall the damage to those statues happened when Sky rose above the clouds.
    (3)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yes but Ro' Maeve didn't rise, and the Hall of Gods is kind of attached to the ground still. There's a few stairways that lead up to it, but it's not in the air like Tu'Lia.

Also in (E-6) on the second map of Gusgen, if you just stand there for a moment, you can hear this really creepy growl. It sounds like a wounded Wyvern. Ugh, this place is creepier than I remember it being.

As for the children, I'm not sure if it's them? There's nothing in the water where the crying comes from and it only starts happening when I hold the clay.
    (0)
    Last edited by Meyi; 07-31-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Yes but Ro' Maeve didn't rise, and the Hall of Gods is kind of attached to the ground still. There's a few stairways that lead up to it, but it's not in the air like Tu'Lia.
    Yah, i know. I'm saying when Sky rose off the ground the seismic activity is probably what caused the statues to break, and over-all Ro'Maeves damage.
    (1)

care to explain the ghosts being hung in some doorways? like from necks and feet? (if you play fatal frame this can freek you out)
    (0)

Character
    Ackman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    for me one off the biggest mystery is this item :
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cactuar_Needle

you can buy it from npc, you can sell it to them for a low price, you can even sell it in AH... but what is the matter of this cactuar needle, their is no use for any quest or recipt !
    (8)

Karbuncle, you should just start a 'Stories of Vana' thread and tell us all you know and remember. I know I'd read it every day
    (3)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Year 1129 of the Crystal Era just began. What event marks the start of the "Crystal Era," though?
    (2)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    Why are hecteyes made entirely out of eyeballs, yet aggro sound and not sight?
    Because they are all googly eyes
    (1)

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast