Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90

Bard ~ Job Manifesto

Not being a full time Bard(partial retired a few years back lvl 60) I found some things disturbing.

~Why does Corsair get 3 rolls and bards don't?

Possible solutions I can think of...

Re-categorize the types of bard song available and offer a single buff "3rd song" that ISN'T overwritten by normal AoE songs.
    Even more specific, the stat song are completely underutilized and with a Scholar's Stormsurge pointless. Not to mention every bard song overwrites itself, so giving players a stat boost will overwrite itself next song sung.

This "3rd" song option would increase song use across the spectrum.
    (1)

In most situations x2 march trumps anything cor can give not to mention 9/tic balled is lovely(for those of us with out a G horn ). When cor gets a there third roll i might here " Hey Areola come on out on Cor" someday. I haven't herd that seance i leveled Brd, and then i leveled whm... but that's a different story
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

BRD can get 3 songs, we just have to make a dam Empy to get it. That's probably how SE sees it.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I sony see COR so underpowered that he need a 3 roll to conpensate.

I hope SE have something in mind for us.

Everybody wants new toys to play with.

Having to clear one of the most difficult empy, isnt right.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Gjallarhorn is better than empy because quality is better than quantity. As stated in the manifesto, they intend to give bard a JA that will double the power of one song (like using soul voice). Granted it will probably be 20 minute recast, but with troubadour, my songs last 6 minutes currently and I could get them longer than that if I get carwenhan which means one soul voiced song for about 1/3 of the time.

Bard is my primary main, corsair is my secondary main. Both are good jobs, though corsair is a little less powerful in most situations.

imo, the biggest thing I want for bard is a fix to that annoying bug where songs fail to overwrite if there's over 2 minutes remaining on it. (ballad 2 >> ballad 3 >> troubadour ballad 2 = song has no effect)
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Gjallarhorn is better than empy because quality is better than quantity. As stated in the manifesto, they intend to give bard a JA that will double the power of one song (like using soul voice). Granted it will probably be 20 minute recast, but with troubadour, my songs last 6 minutes currently and I could get them longer than that if I get carwenhan which means one soul voiced song for about 1/3 of the time.

Bard is my primary main, corsair is my secondary main. Both are good jobs, though corsair is a little less powerful in most situations.

imo, the biggest thing I want for bard is a fix to that annoying bug where songs fail to overwrite if there's over 2 minutes remaining on it. (ballad 2 >> ballad 3 >> troubadour ballad 2 = song has no effect)
    The first part isn't true in the slightest.

Currently, the only song atm that remains uncapped is Scherzo (possibly Minuet V too for the poorly geared Brds w/o Merits... can't remember tbh)

Gjallarhorn is really only good for Ballad and Scherzo, among many other useful traits it has though (Wind based March +3 is nice if you don't want to hit Mages in certain areas, etc.)

It'll prove to be extremely useful when the next March Tier is released due to the skill on it. Still, Gjallarhorn doesn't seem special enough imo. What it should really have is it's own, exclusive song (Similar to how each Relic Weapon gets its own Weaponskill). Idk what kinda song it'd be, but there's a lot of room to do something creative with an exclusive song for Gjallarhorn. I feel like "Glory 'something'" would be an appropriate song title lol

Anyways, as it currently stands at the 90 Cap, Daurdabla is definitely a better instrument than Gjallarhorn overall. The nice thing though is that you can have both!! lol Aiming for Daurdabla AND Gjallarhorn is optimal!
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Blegh, forgot to mention that I completely agree with this! >.<
    (0)

Howdy! Here's some love for bards

Fix the range variations for effects from songs when using stringed instruments.
    We are looking into addressing this.

Make it so a songs effect area is focused on the party member targeted instead of the bard.
    It was set to focus on the bard since it is the same concept as white mage’s bar-spells. Since songs have the advantage that they cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks, we plan to leave it as it is for now and allow you to decide the area of effect by your placement.

Make it so song effects also influence by your stats.
    Since song effects increase with skill, we have no plans of making it so stats influence it as well.

Increase wind/string/singing skill to A.
    In the case of songs, they are based on the combination of instrument skill + singing skill, so it is quite different from skills that rely on just a single skill. Due to this, if there is a necessity to adjust accuracy, instead of adjusting skill ranks, we are considering adjusting the calculation of the accuracy rates themselves.

Revamp the resist rate of requiem.
    The development team would definitely like to do something about this and are planning to revamp it.

Reduce the recast time on Pianissimo and Tenuto.
    Since the amount of gear that reduces song recast time has increased, we would like to make adjustments to go along with this.

Make it possible to use Pianissimo and Tenuto at the same time.
    Unfortunately, since this would require us to totally remake and rebalance Pianissimo and Tenuto this is a difficult thing to do.

Revamp the stats on songs that enhance resistances to status ailments.
    It’s true that when compared to the benefits other songs provide, it’s pretty hard to prioritize these songs, so we would like to do something about it.

Make Etude/Prelude an AoE effect.
    We will look into this. In regards to Prelude though, depending on the number of party members that have ranged attacks, it might get pretty crazy having to use Pianissimo each time. Is that going to be a problem?

Make Adventurer’s Dirge an AoE effect.
    We would like to look into this along with the merit point revamps.

Will Massacre Elegy be added?
    We have plans to. However, when considering the stats, we are planning to make it so this isn’t a song that can be used by just anyone.

Add a song that enhances magical accuracy.
    Since you can already enhance your magical accuracy through the use of a lot of equipment, we are thinking it would be more beneficial to give party members a different kind of song effect.
    (For example, perhaps a song that reduces an enemy’s magical defense, etc.)

Also in response to your feedback about the seeming lack of power of Gjallarhorn, the development team mentioned that there is a difference in song accuracy between Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla, and when casting songs on enemies, Gjallarhorn wins out. During the next version update it will also be possible to further enhance the Gjallarhorn.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I've just thought of something...as we approach lvl99 why does bard still have the separate "song" paths? Would you foggier that a "grandmaster" bard could wieve a song that boosts and have several effects?

With the Abyssea atma system, we have a basis of what I'm requesting. A song that has 3 effects...1 major, 1 medium, and 1 small effect. For example, rather than simply giving bard Mage ballad 4, SE could give a song that gives effect 1 major refresh, 1 medium conserve mp, and 1 minor MaB. Another song could give ACC major, ATT medium, and 1 crit minor.

I'm not a bard, but this simple change could make bards amazing. Not to mention SE could still keep the "2 song" only model.
    (1)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    what about another song effect other than daudabla?
    maybe a new merit ability?
    (2)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast