Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    If that doesn't say that the G Horn is getting Massacre Elegy at 95 I don't know what does.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Also in response to your feedback about the seeming lack of power of Gjallarhorn, the development team mentioned that there is a difference in song accuracy between Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla, and when casting songs on enemies, Gjallarhorn wins out. During the next version update it will also be possible to further enhance the Gjallarhorn.
    Do people use daurdabla to cast on monsters?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bard really should just get a natural third song as all it has is buffing and light support.
    (2)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Howdy! Here's some love for bards
    Thank you for the update, Camate! I still have some questions I hope you can find the time to answer:
    • In addition to the confirmed song that reduces an enemy's magical defense, can we hope to see a song or two that increases our party's magical defense?
    • Can we hope to see some songs available to cast on players outside of our party? (Much like single-target enhancing spells or Dancer waltzes and such.)
    • We have a Job Ability that reduces an area of effect song to a single target. Instead of remodeling songs to be area of effect like someone mentioned, can we expect to see a Job Ability that allows a single target song to expand to an area of effect in a way much like Pianissimo? (I feel that would create less hassle from how we already understand songs like the Preludes and Etudes)
    • Can you reveal Horde Lullaby II? :P

Thank you again for replying, we really appreciate it! ^^
    (2)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

~Will Massacre Elegy be added?

We have plans to. However, when considering the stats, we are planning to make it so this isn’t a song that can be used by just anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Also in response to your feedback about the seeming lack of power of Gjallarhorn, the development team mentioned that there is a difference in song accuracy between Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla, and when casting songs on enemies, Gjallarhorn wins out. During the next version update it will also be possible to further enhance the Gjallarhorn.
    If the note about Massacre Elegy is in regards to making it a -Gjallarhorn Only- song, you will have made me and maaaaaaaaany other Brds (and people in general) extremely happy. That would be the perfect buff for Gjallarhorn.

HOWEVER.

As excited as I was about the part with Massacre Elegy, I couldn't believe what I was reading about the Dev. Team's comments about "Gjallarhorn's lack of power."

FIRST: THE REASON WHY GJALLARHORN IS MORE ACCURATE THAN DAURDABLA IS BECAUSE IT'S A WIND INSTRUMENT. We've known for literally 10 years now that wind instruments are naturally more accurate than String instruments. Hell, a lvl 1 Flute is probably more accurate than a Daurdabla when it comes to landing Elegy. X.X (Even considering the +40 skill on Daurdabla).

SECOND: Landing Debuffs isn't really the problem with Gjallarhorn at the moment... A Brd without Gjallarhorn can land songs pretty easily on anything that won't require Elemental Seal (Honestly, the only relevant mobs that really resist Elegy atm are a few of the ToA inspired mobs like Dhorme Khimaira in the Heroes Zones)

THIRD: DOES THE DEV. TEAM REALLY THINK BARD'S ARE DEBUFFING WITH DAURDABLA!?!?!?!? A Bard that has worked hard enough to get through all the Colorless souls/Apademak Horns to complete their Daurdabla is (hopefully) not dumb enough to be using their Daurdabla as a full-time debuff instrument too... Daurdabla is literally only meant for one thing (a really nice "one thing" though), and that's for a Third Buff. We KNOW it's not meant to be used as a Debuff instrument. Seriously, Dev. Team? Seriously?? x.x

I'm really hoping that Massacre Elegy comment alluded to it being given to Gjallarhorn owners, if not... Gjallarhorn's probably screwed. x.x
    (4)

Character
    Linkn
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I would really like to see Bard have a trait or something to let them walk and cast songs at the same time. It is always an annoyance when someone will move slightly as i'm casting a song or just started to. Would just be nice to be able to close that gap and land the song on them without having to recast it.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I see nothing about March, therefore there is nothing that is important.

lol jk though, the magic defense down bit seems totally awesome. <- Highlight
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's silly to debuff with Daurdabla because in addition to having no effect on song potency, it also has no effect on song duration. I highly doubt that SE is not aware of this.
    (2)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Make Etude/Prelude an AoE effect.
    We will look into this. In regards to Prelude though, depending on the number of party members that have ranged attacks, it might get pretty crazy having to use Pianissimo each time. Is that going to be a problem?
    in response to it being a problem:

We have a Job Ability that reduces an area of effect song to a single target. Instead of remodeling songs to be area of effect like someone mentioned, can we expect to see a Job Ability that allows a single target song to expand to an area of effect in a way much like Pianissimo? (I feel that would create less hassle from how we already understand songs like the Preludes and Etudes)
    This is not that different from Accession and i think it's a REALLY good idea. I would LOVE to give my whole party STR Etudes in one go as opposed to casting it on each person. Yet much like Accession and Storm Spells you could still give one person the individual buff they prefer or find most useful to them.

Also at first i thought Pianissimo is 15 sec recast why would need to shorten the recast as someone mentioned, then i thought of all the gear i have that reduces song cast time and all the times i've sat and waited for it to be up, and i thought, well it could probably use a little shorter recast, maybe through merits or an addition to gear of some sort.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kavik; 08-13-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I really hope BRD does get March III, there's really no other way to let BRD use any other songs than March I+II w/o having two bards.
    (2)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast