Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Blue Mage and ToM Staves

I belive, and I'm sure the blu community as a whole would too, that SE would re-evaluate blu's place as "mage" job and absence of avalibility in equiping Trial of Magian staves. As many of us blu know we have great versatility and would definably find a much needed utility in being able to also equip ToM staves. Also I'd like to remind SE of rdm and the lack of staff skill they also have and their affinity of the sword.

I belive such a small, easy fix would bring the blu community great enjoyment along with the host of other updates soon to come.
    (6)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Honestly, the staves while powerful from a nuking standpoint, I don't see them as appropriate for a Bluemage. The most appropriate style of weapons are the accuracy sword trial(physical spells benefit most from this). Physical spells are WAY more power fuller then our magical side. They're cheaper to cast. They're faster to recast.

Second, the debuff trials will affect a bluemages nukes anyway. Specifically the buff MACC, MAB, and the debuff MACC and MAB. Let's say one trial gives you +15 either MACC or MAB. Pair this(dual wield or another player) with debuff -15 either MACC and MAB to mob, and you get a 30pt spread...Or, double up on the buffs I think thats nearly a middle ground of any staff trial but on a sword.

Blue don't need access to staves. Period.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm tired of ToM. I do not want to do the stave trials for Blue Mage.

Also, the weapons through ToM are typically the best for the jobs that can equipment. With Blue Mage already having access to much equipment and the H.Q. Staves still boasting respectable stat boosts, I don't think it would be fair that we should gain access to the best Staves also.
    (1)

Player
    The only reason I'd want this is to finish trials faster without having to level Blm, that's really about it. That and +invo from not having to carry most of the elestaves I use on Blu along with ToM staves for rdm/whm.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Magian Staves would be pretty nice to have, and it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make them on BLU. I, too, would like to dump my HQs that I now only carry around for BLU.
    (1)

I would love to have staves for blu but we don't even get native staff skill.. so wouldn't make sense.
    (0)

Player
    Nor does Rdm >< SE can do it if they really want but it's just space saver Imo.
    (0)

Player
    Holyshit at the misconceptions in this thread.

1. Trial staffs are easiest to make on BLU despite your previous experiences with trial weapons
    2. RDM doesn't have native skill, so skill isn't the deciding factor
    3. BLU has "mage" in it's name as well and can use them for magical nukes (Common counter to [2])
    4. Higher staff skill classes like MNK cannot access Trial Staffs (Elemental or not)
    (2)
    Last edited by Yugl; 08-04-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Holyshit at the misconceptions in this thread.

1. Trial staffs are easiest to make on BLU despite your previous experiences with trial weapons
    2. RDM doesn't have native skill, so skill isn't the deciding factor
    3. BLU has "mage" in it's name as well and can use them for magical nukes (Common counter to [2])
    4. Higher staff skill classes like MNK cannot access Trial Staffs (Elemental or not)
    *cough* Mnk should have access to the staves just so I can use the Dark ToM staff for Cataclysm burn!
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If your looking to save inventory make two shamshir +2's with +10 magic atk bonus and 9 int they are on par with the H.Q. staves dmg wise and will likely be much better after next level cap increase, when they add more trials for them. All the trials for them can be done in a few hours for two of them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast