Thread: 0.50505 cents

Player

0.50505 cents

I remember the stress of setting up my click and buy account when XIV came out. My bank did not allow those charges and my account got locked. I had to send a picture of my driver's license in order to get it unlocked. I know some people are upset with changes to the billing system. I'm neutral myself.

I like playing XI and if I have to do this I will. I just wanted to post my thoughts on this. I thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts. as for the title of the topic. CAB adds a 3.9% fee to credit card charges.

so if you pay 12.95 then you'll pay a fee of .50 0r .51. hope that clears that up.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanjitai View Post
    CAB adds a 3.9% fee to credit card charges.
    The fee is only charged if you use a credit card to add money to a ClickandBuy balance (also known as "pre-loading" in ClickandBuy's T&C). There is no need to have a balance in order to pay for Final Fantasy XI.

Simply using ClickandBuy as a credit card processor for the sake of paying for a FFXI subscription or buying Crysta is a "payment" rather than "account funding." And there is no payment fee, regardless of source.

Go back to the T&C and read the description of the "Payment Fee."
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    The fee is only charged if you use a credit card to add money to a ClickandBuy balance (also known as "pre-loading" in ClickandBuy's T&C). There is no need to have a balance in order to pay for Final Fantasy XI.

Simply using ClickandBuy as a credit card processor for the sake of paying for a FFXI subscription or buying Crysta is a "payment" rather than "account funding." And there is no payment fee, regardless of source.
    You give away your CC info to just anybody?
    (0)

OP probably fell into the same confusion everyone did when reviewing their documentation. Whether or not you will be flagged for prefunding rquirement is open to C&B's discretion, so it is an unknown until you actually see it in action (ie, until you are billed the first time)

SE had to finally address this after there was a lot of posts about this unknown factor:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post156830
    (they basically state that you won't have to pay the 3.9% funding fee)

However, if (for C&B's own internal reasons) your account does get flagged for needing to be prefunded (maybe you are using it for something else that trips this requirement, or you have issues with not having sufficient funds or what-not) then you may windup paying that fee in the long run (like if this thing is kinda like PayPal used to do and your prefund defaults to primary source, CC/draft is secondary and have to prefund 1000 for gambling account, you are at 1000 and SE debits 12.95 and then they prefund it back to 1000 again). Granted that is all speculation as I don't have any experience with C&B, but until someone can confirm that this won't happen it remains a possibility and is open to such speculation.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    You give away your CC info to just anybody?
    Um... what? Where did this come from?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    However, if (for C&B's own internal reasons) your account does get flagged for needing to be prefunded (maybe you are using it for something else that trips this requirement, or you have issues with not having sufficient funds or what-not) then you may windup paying that fee in the long run
    T&C 5.2 (b): If they make your account a "Limited Account," you can't even use it to make recurring payments (i.e. pay for your XI subscription) to begin with. So either you won't pay the fee... or you won't be using ClickandBuy at all.
    (0)

So, does that mean if you want to use an account for online gambling, you have to make a second account?

That seems like a bit of overkill....but I guess they think it might protect them in some round-a-bout way.

Also...if that means they can override your FFXI account to a Limited Account status (effectively screwing you out of your ability to pay FFXI)....that is another can of worms right there.....
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.