Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Amnesia (this can be given without being broken)

Plague (Same as above)

Inhibit (Gives same effect as "Inhibit TP", reduces an Enemies TP gain)

Reflect (Maybe this should go to PLD as well, It could not be as powerful as past titles.. Would be hard to balance)

Stop (Removes any "Regain", "Regen" or "Refresh" Effect the Enemy has for a period of time)

I think stop would help in a lot of fights, but could be balanced to not be overpowered. Imagine stopping the Turtle in KSNM99's regen for ~20 seconds or so? or a Mobs Regain effect for a period of time.

Could do wonders for HNM-scene RDMs.
    (1)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Amnesia would be our TP form of Silence. I've been in support of it for a long while.

Plague would have to be Black Magic based, obviously. But morover I'm sure it and inhibit TP would serve the same effect, which would be essentially "Slow" on TP gain. We'd obviously end up sharing these debuffs with BLM at the very least.

"Refect" can work a lot like blink/aquaveil except it returns damage to the opponent a specific number of times. Have it only work on single target spells and you have your balancing.

Not sure on "Stop" though I like the concept.

I'd like to see a form of Confusion and I'd give it one of two pourposes.

1. Randomly makes the opponent inflict damage/target themselves for an action, works on spells and TP moves.
    2. Have it work like "Hesitation" in that it causes a damage/effect reduction and a "Use" increase time on TP moves specifically. (Think a TP version of addle.)
    (0)

Well what ways are in the game atm for hindering TP attacks?

Inhibit type effects that work as an anti-store TP
    Subtle Blow that reduces how much it receives from being hit.
    Plague that drains TP per sec.

Out of those I'd probably say Inhibits the best since it reduces it by a set percentage though you won't really see much of an effect till the mob is under 25% HP.

One interesting idea might be to create a negative TP bonus effect where it works the opposite of TP bonus. There might be an issue where the game couldn't calculate TP below 100 from the effect, but maybe the solution is to not let the monster TP attack until it reaches the equivalent of 100 TP. If you have the gear to make your negative TP bonus -50 from your gear then the monster won't be able to WS until 150 TP and it'll be treated as 100 TP.

Now this might not even be possible as this might cause some small issues in PvP ect as they would likely have to create the staus effect to be usable on players which could be a pain, but if that could work it would certainly be a powerful effect that could hinder the enemies TP attacks.
    (0)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Ha, 19% Haste may be a biiiit broken (and simultaneously gimp every other mage in the game). I'd definitely take 10% Duration per upgrade, though. That seems to be the direction the Devs are leaning as far as reducing support casting burden goes. I doubt anyone would complain about casting Haste less often.

Making Quick Cast a selectable JA rather than a random trait would be vastly preferable, too. It would drive me absolutely bonkers to QM proc and cast a spell in my Idle gear. It'd essentially be a waste of MP.

I'd really just appreciate an increase to maximum debuff potency at this point, though. It's a problem a lot of jobs are facing, really. Potency caps were built around level 75, where hitting cap was actually decently difficult on some/most things and for some/most people. A steady increase in player stats and available gear without an increase to maximum dMND is odd. SE already addressed some of this with their tweaks to maximum buff potency, so I'd imagine that a tweak to maximum debuff potency is forthcoming.
    I'd like to think we're headed in that direction. They removed the Fast Cast cap (unless I'm mistaken), which is a step in the right direction for every mage job in general. I'd shudder to think the hard caps in place are going to stay that way with 9 more levels to go. It's just speculation at this point, but yes, removing (or at least significantly raising) the caps would be a big help.
    (0)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I'm in agreement about TP inhibition being a much needed direction our enfeebles need to go. It might even give other jobs some "breathing room" to melee a bit more often if TP Feed doesn't become as much of a huge scare as it is now. We've need Amnesia as a spell for a long time, but even something to simply reduce TP like Stop and Inhibit you guys mentioned above, sound like wonderful ideas, that are long overdue. Slow/Para/Blind just isn't cutting it anymore.
    (0)

Regarding Sphere-style buffs from earlier, they could either be restricted to buffs that aren't overwritten by debuffs (think Refresh or Enspell vs. Haste or Attack Up which can be overwritten by debuffs), or put at a 0-priority level (so even low-priority Slows would overwrite Haste). A possible bonus would be that even though debuffs can overwrite them, a Slow wouldn't need to be Erased + Re-Hasted, you would just Erase and the Sphere effect would take over once the negative status is gone (similar to how Aura debuffs on Abyssea NMs reassert themselves immediately after your Paralyna, etc.).

Also, a Sphere-spell doesn't necessarily have to be Self-targeted, so they wouldn't have to be worthless on stuff you won't want a RDM close to the mob on, although it wouldn't be unreasonable for the buffs to receive some sort of bonus for being 'Sphere'd from the RDM who cast them for those times where a RDM can be in AoE without detriment.
    (1)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Expanding on the above post, making Sphere buffs Single-Target (instead of Self-Target), but restricted to one per player (and party-only) makes a lot of sense. It's a different paradigm than BRD and COR's buffs, which stay on each target as long as they were in AoE at time-of-buff but are limited to two at a time (3 for Empyrean BRDs, and apparently upcoming 3 for CORs). Instead, the buff spell is cast once on a party member, and other party members gain the buff when close to that party member, so Sphere buffs are highly-effective when the group being buffed is close together *and will stay close together* for the duration of the event, unlike BRD and COR buffs, where the group only has to be close together once every X minutes for reapplication. When the group is diffuse, our existing single-target buffs would be a better choice. This does nothing to enhance our solo game, so SE shouldn't have any fears in implementing something like it.

It would allow RDM to Haste Sphere the Tank, <SubtleBlowBuff> Sphere DD1, Enthunder Sphere DD2, Regain Sphere DD3, Refresh Sphere on self (and stand by the WHM). This would free up time for enfeebling on tough stuff, or melee on lower-grade mobs (or whatever else needs to be done).

This is assuming SE intends to really run with the Enhancing / Enfeebling Master role they outlined in their manifesto, naturally.
    (0)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh

i think i'd rather the spheres (that what we're calling aura's now?) be self target, in hopes that composure can buff there duration and REALLY take a chunk out of the constant bot-like casting

or at least not restricted to 1 per player, that way you get the best of both worlds. could composure them onto yourself for duration, or put it on someone else for range.
    (0)

also, what about a more direct tp related spell? i got to thinking about how sometimes, when i've gone to lowman seal nm's or whatnot, i'd /drk just to spam absorb-tp. even if that tp just goes to waste 5 second later to a staff swap, that's still tp the mob missed out on.

would it be possible to just "nuke" the mobs tp? sorta an absorb-tp spell except we don't actually get the tp? could then give it a lower recast, and attach it to enfeebling skill instead of dark magic to make it more reliable.

or alternately... make it a higher recast with a very powerful effect.. combined with a seperate spell that is some sort of tp move addle.. you see the mob readying.. it takes a while cuz it's "addled", you fire off your tp burn, and the mob no longer has tp? bam.. no tp move (though i guess this is a similar effect to stunning it..)

i dunno i'm just pulling ideas out of my ass at this point. plague would probably be better. it's simpler. don't need to worry about using it at just the right time.
    (0)

Honestly, I think only having to cast 2-3 buff spells every ~5 mins (with full +2 bonus) is a pretty huge casting load reduction. I like the idea of "nuking" an enemy's TP, or even MP on certain mobs (inb4 Chainspell nuking all of Kirin's MP and kiting him around the room with a stick for fun).
    (0)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast